• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: "3DS Doesn't Look as Good as a PS3"

TheOGB

Banned
Get ready to facepalm

this dipshit said:
On top of the 3D, the actual graphics are pretty good, a lot better than the [?] dated stuff you saw on previous Nintendo game devices. Definitely not Playstation 3 quality, for instance, but they've definitely reached a point where even hardcore gamers... like me, for instance, who grew up on Halo, won't mind playing around with this thing.

What does GAF have to say? Is this a stupid, uneducated statement, or is he somewhat reasonable in his comparison?

Oppo

Actually don't see anything wrong with the statement...? It is definitely not a PS3. But maybe in Xbox (Halo 1) territory. I didn't watch the video though, just commenting on the OP's quote.

jman2050

On top of the 3D, the actual graphics are pretty good, a lot better than the [?] dated stuff you saw on previous Nintendo game devices. Definitely not Playstation 3 quality, for instance, but they've definitely reached a point where even hardcore gamers... like me, for instance, who grew up on Halo, won't mind playing around with this thing.

reached a point where even hardcore gamers... like me, for instance, who grew up on Halo

grew up on Halo

Do we even need to read anything else?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Another example of why the term "hardcore" is the worst thing to happen to gaming in the last 10 years.

Santiako

hOuL7.gif

heringer

And here comes the blowing out of proportion.

It's not like he says "LOL PS3 is way better than this". It's more like "it looks pretty good, of course it's not PS3 quality and all, but it looks good". He knows it's obvious but sometimes the obvious things need to be said because not everyone watching the video is a gaffer.

Yeah, the guy does say some silly things (like the growing playing Halo part), but let's not overreact please.

Neki

heringer said:

It's not like he says "LOL PS3 is way better than this". It's more like "it looks pretty good, of course it's not PS3 quality and all, but it looks good". He knows it's obvious but sometimes the obvious things need to be said because not everyone watching the video is a gaffer.

Yeah, the guy does say some silly things, but let's not overreact please.

we be growing up on haloz together dude.

jman2050

heringer said:

The PS3 comment isn't even that bad. It's clueless and ignorant but inoffensive.

It's that whole Halo thing.

ryan-ts

heringer said:

Did you watch the video? Dude has no business reviewing the 3DS.

Lebron

im0DIs.gif

Kusagari

The worst thing he says is near the end when he seems confused at it using cartridges and having a stylus. LOL did you miss out on DS, the highest selling portable ever, dude?

heringer

jman2050 said:
The PS3 comment isn't even that bad. It's clueless and ignorant but inoffensive.

It's that whole Halo thing.
Yeah, the Halo part is definitely pretty funny.

Guy is not up to Gaf standards but other than that the whole review is harmless.

Boss Man

heringer said:

Yeah, the guy does say some silly things (like the growing playing Halo part), but let's not overreact please.

We’re getting some breaking news coming in. CNN is reporting that the Nintendo 3DS doesn’t look as good as a PS3. What’s worse, apparently it features a 90s-era device called a “stylus” and also “carts”, the likes of which haven’t been seen “since the last Gameboy pretty much.” The shocking revelation comes from JP Mangaliden, self-proclaimed hardcore gamer “who grew up on Halo.”

Like you, I'd like to assume a reasonable context...but I think this is actually as ridiculous as its face value makes it seem.

e. Nvm, that's not CNN talking but apparently some other crazy person. Still though...

282dmxc.gif

Credo

CNN: Nintendo 3DS graphics not as good as Playstation 3 - Shock and awe due to this revelation expected to cause worldwide collapse within months

Top Bottom