• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next EA Sports NBA game coming Fall 2012

V_Ben

Banned
From today's NBA Jam PR;

EA SPORTS has also announced that it will launch its next NBA simulation title in fall 2012.

“As planned, our next NBA simulation title is in development at our Tiburon Studio in Orlando,” said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. “We have top talent on the game, and we’re giving the new development team time to deliver a superior experience. We’re making great strides and looking forward to launching a new game next year."

Another year for 2K to have all the sales, what say you?

Massa

Messi said:
Peter Moore has huge balls to do this.

It's not like he has an option, after the mismanagement in NBA Elite lead to its failure and the entire studio being let go.

bender

What time is it?
rvy said:
Not until he does the same with Madden. NBA was the one with less problems.

I wonder if the licensing agreement with the NFL would allow for them to skip a year.

2i6djx3.jpg

bjb

Banned
2K is no masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but considering Elite was absolute dogshit - I'm hoping this at least compels 2K to step up their game. Given EA's new product will have a much longer development cycle.

Also top talent at Tiburon? Lol

Ian Cummings anyone? What a disaster Madden has become.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
bjb said:
2K is no masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but considering Elite was absolute dogshit - I'm hoping this at least compels 2K to step up their game. Given EA's new product will have a much longer development cycle.

Also top talent at Tiburon? Lol

Ian Cummings anyone? What a disaster Madden has become.

Word. I pray to based god that nba live/elite does well every year. I'm so tired of literally not being able to play large portions of nba 2k every year. This year i can't play team up, my player, or crews due to various gamekilling issues. All i can do is 1v1 ranked where me and the other guy shoot 20% from the field like a couple of dicks.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Maybe starting from scratch, working for 2 years straight will be good for Live/Elite. Like I said in the other thread, they better come harder than hard after this wait. I am taking a wait and see approach myself, but I am not going to act like Tiburon are a bunch of untalented hacks.

With Madden, they are a victim of a short dev window and a publisher that demands new features every year.

The last NBA game I played/enjoyed as either NBA Live 95 for the SNES or NBA Jam on the Genesis..can't remember.

Someone remind me, what was the main horror concerning Elite? I'm just curious as I must have missed what the deal was with that game.

Good. I might actually prefer games being on 2 year cycles with the year in-between just being a roster update. I know it won't happen but it would be better for the games. I only ever buy at least every 2-years anyway now.

The series needs a lot. The engine needs to be scrapped, it doesn't seem capable of providing good animation AT ALL. When potential customers view side by side trailers of both games and see the silky smooth motion capture of a 2k dunk in comparison to the janky mess that is Live it won't really matter what game has better features.

2 and a half years worth of dev time is probably what it will take at a minimum to compete with 2k's stuff right now (which is almost flawless in terms of actual gameplay), and if 2k improves even further then it's only going to get worse.

So I applaud Moore for giving his team a chance to actually put something together but it seems like it will be impossible for them to catch up. 2k is like a generation ahead in most aspects.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Shalashaska said:
Good. I might actually prefer games being on 2 year cycles with the year in-between just being a roster update. I know it won't happen but it would be better for the games. I only ever buy at least every 2-years anyway now.

That's what the NBA did for arcade games since it would be at least 5 different NBA games out at any given time for a season.(Midway and EA swapped years for the arcade version til Midway died + Microsoft/VC/EA had the sim license)

As someone who has more NBA games than FPS, I don't care. NBA Live 09 was a slap to the face of any sports fan and 2K8-10 was so shitty, it killed my 360 3 times. 2K11 was a step in the right direction.

bjb

Banned
jobber said:
2K8-10 was so shitty, it killed my 360 3 times.

I agree they weren't good games, but seriously? What the hell :lol

Turn your fucking box off before you go to bed.

jobber

bjb said:
I agree they weren't good games, but seriously? What the hell :lol

Turn your fucking box off before you go to bed.

Dude I had to use fucking toothpaste on the disc because the 360s stopped reading the game. This happened like 20 times in 3 years and it never happened in any other game I played. I had to do this to play online games in the GAF league.

jobber said:
Dude I had to use fucking toothpaste on the disc because the 360s stopped reading the game. This happened like 20 times in 3 years and it never happened in any other game I played. I had to do this to play online games in the GAF league.

I don't know if it was the game but 2k games are fucked up when it comes to the 360 reading the discs. They take time to boot up and then want to pretend that they are the most advanced games ever made when the game starts loading up a dozen different files (taking an hour) before you can finally play.

jobber

Dark FaZe said:
I don't know if it was the game but 2k games are fucked up when it comes to the 360 reading the discs. They take time to boot up and then want to pretend that they are the most advanced games ever made when the game starts loading up a dozen different files (taking an hour) before you can finally play.

It wasn't just the 360. I use to get DDE when I was playing NBA2K games on the OG Xbox. Didn't happen on NFL2K games..just NBA2K games.

That long pause is the game checking the 2k servers which can take 5 minutes if the servers are even up. Best way to avoid it is log off xbl before you boot the game then signing back on after you press start.

Smokey

DMCzaf said:
2K gameplay nearly flawless?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHaahahaha

Pre-patch 2k11 was damn near flawless. Gameplay wise at least. After patch still good, but what they had before patch had potential to become GOAT.

Top Bottom