• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (3DS) Announced [Delayed Due To Hardware Sales]

From their Facebook account:

Today we are revealing an exclusive to you, our most loyal fans. We are happy to announce Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns for the DS *and* 3DS coming later this year! Fill up your watering can and sharpen your hoe, because it's time for an all-new farming adventure! More details to come in the near future, including some exciting news at E3.

Link.

Update:

Official PR - Natsume Bringing Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns to 3DS & DS This Summer.

T1rCF.jpg

Burlingame, CA., April 7, 2011 - Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, announced today that Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns is coming to North America, and will be released simultaneously on both the Nintendo DS and the 3DS.

"We're extremely excited to be bringing The Tale of Two Towns to these two great platforms," said Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO at Natsume. "We wanted to ensure that all of our loyal Harvest Moon fans would have a chance to play this game. No matter which version they pick up, they're sure to love the great new cast of characters, the fun festivals, and the exciting new gameplay mechanics."

Konohana and Bluebell villages were once the friendliest of neighbors. Then a huge dispute erupted between them.over FOOD! Both towns were certain that their cooking was the best in the world. This feud has transformed these happy neighbors into bitter rivals.

As a new farmer to the area, players choose which village to live in. Will it be Eastern-styled Konohana with its abundant fields of crops, or the animal-loving, European-styled Bluebell? Players will pick a home, build a thriving farm, and compete in a huge variety of festivals. If they develop their skills enough, and they might even find a way to bring these two towns together once again!

More details can be found at www.natsume.com. You can also follow all of the latest Natsume news at www.natsume.com/facebook and www.twitter.com/natsume_inc.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
In before "another port" .....
Would have loved to see a new, ground up 3DS title...not a ds port. Seems like not only consumers have problem to differentiate those two plattforms....

edit:

too late :-/

Please be like the SNES and N64 ones

udivision

DXB-KNIGHT said:

The days of actually enjoying HM are over, deal with it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zynga doomed?

I want something like HM 64.

Effect

Hopefully this isn't a DS port but perhaps a port of one of the Wii Harvest Moon games when it comes to the 3DS game. Or at least the engine for those games. That is a option for them.

Huff

Banned
My level of excitement for HM games just isn't what it used to be. Doubt I'll keep an eye on this.

DS ports aren't too bad, as long as the textures are better, IMO.

DS games often look like pixellated messes because of the lack of texture filtering (I think that's what it's called). Even if the textures are left unchanged, it won't look pixellated on the 3DS, and it'll look loads better.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Effect said:
Hopefully this isn't a DS port but perhaps a port of one of the Wii Harvest Moon games when it comes to the 3DS game. Or at least the engine for those games. That is a option for them.

ahahahaha

I will eat my own head if it's not a DS port.

Disguises

Wait...tale of two towns? Two platforms? Maybe they are different to each other?
/wishful thinking

Edit: I remember some sort of GBA/GC connectivity with Harvest Moon. Moving people between towns or something? Wonder if they'll do the same?
/more wishful thinking

mollipen

I almost wish they'd stop making Harvest Moon games, because every new title that's thrown on the pile is another point of confusion in my figuring out which ones I should go back and play. I swear there are like 100 different choices at this point.

Gravijah

shidoshi said:
I almost wish they'd stop making Harvest Moon games, because every new title that's thrown on the pile is another point of confusion in my figuring out which ones I should go back and play. I swear there are like 100 different choices at this point.

Yeah, I keep meaning to jump back in but there are so many goddamn choices. And then Japan gets them like a year earlier, so I know a superior version is just around the corner...

Reknoc

Gravijah said:
Magical Melody was awesome. I want more of that.

MM was good. Still a bit too slow though also being a brit meant I was stuck with the wii port with my dude randomly tooling things and wasting energy.

Friends of Mineral Town is where it's at, none of the others have hooked me as much as the original SNES game or FomT.

totowhoa

Banned
Would love another HM64 sort of game. I still pull that game out and play through it every now and again. One of my top 3 N64 games, and I probably go back to it more than any other.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Remake 64 with:
1) Wind Waker style cel shading
2) More events
3) More dialogue
4) Same music
5) 3D Sheep

Perfect Harvest Moon game right there.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Did anyone play the Japanese version of this? Any impressions?

I wonder if they change much for the 3DS port. Will probably buy that one nevertheless.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Magical Melody was the last really good Harvest Moon game I played. Rune Factory has usurped its development team and place in the virtual farming world.

snackman

Banned
HM:Leaf Valley is pretty good and has some of the top graphics in the series. Most the PSP versions where good tho.

mollipen

Speevy said:
Natsume, the company no one asked for, will never die.

Natsume is awesome! I am forever amazed that they've lasted this long, and always fear I'll wake up one day and they'll be gone. :(

I LOVE harvest moon but I don't understand. Is this the Harvest Moon 3DS they said they were working on or this a port of the DS game that has already come out in Japan? Well it's obviously a port but does that mean they aren't working on a harvest moon 3ds yet :(

Gravijah

snackman said:
HM:Leaf Valley is pretty good and has some of the top graphics in the series. Most the PSP versions where good tho.

They had boy and girl, the future HM game... What else did they have on the PSP?

Speevy

Banned
shidoshi said:
Natsume is awesome! I am forever amazed that they've lasted this long, and always fear I'll wake up one day and they'll be gone. :(

Just a one-person running gag with me. I have no problem with them. I find their continued existence in today's industry absolutely fascinating.

Truth101

Banned
I'm really happy for this, Twin Villages is a really beautiful game. I will double dip on the 3DS version, since it will be in English and probably have enhanced features.
I hope it has some online functionality or street-pass

Jucksalbe

Banned
From The Dust said:
Sounds like a new game. Then again I don't follow HM so I could be wrong

I looked on Wikipedia for unreleased games and there it says "Futago no Mura" translates to "Twin Villages", so I guess this should be the same game.

Truth101 said:
I'm really happy for this, Twin Villages is a really beautiful game. I will double dip on the 3DS version, since it will be in English and probably have enhanced features.
I hope it has some online functionality or street-pass
Is it one of the more content heavy iterations? I loved the graphics style of the PSP but found it to get a bit boring after a short while whereas I've played FoMT/BTN and HM64, and the snes one, and some others over and over again. Is there a lot to do?

Top Bottom