• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ocarina of Time 3DS apparently developed by Grezzo (Line Attack Heroes)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
According to the Australian rating boards, OoT 3D is developed by Grezzo Co. (Line Attack Heroes): http://www.classification.gov.au/ww...a13741957e396ac6ca25786f005d80a3?OpenDocument

e2wyw.png

Thanks to Onilink for the heads up.

Suzzopher

So what are the majority of Nintendo internal studios working on? Skyward Sword and Mario 3DS are the only announced games right?

Jarmel said:
Does explain lack of upgrades(content-wise) but so far it looks fine. Now where is my release date?

June.

Suzzopher said:
So what are the majority of Nintendo internal studios working on? Skyward Sword and Mario 3DS are the only announced games right?

Zelda 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS, Animal Crossing 3DS, Paper Mario 3DS, Pikmin something, Mii Something 3D and presumably some new IP or concepts here and there.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Suzzopher said:

Anoumas Team is probably already workin on Zelda 3DS for next year.

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Miyamoto has been overseeing this project himself though, hasn't he? I remember him talking extensively about the team working on this in an Iwata Asks segment.

Not that any of that clears any of my reluctance to buy the game, though. At least, not until they reveal substantial extras. I'm not going to pre-order off of mere rumors of Master Quest being included or anything like that.

Suzzopher said:

I'd guess that there's a lot of work toward Wii 2 going on, but the bulk of Nintendo's internal resources will probably be directed toward the software that will drive the first year or two of the 3DS.

well i hope Big N keeping a eye on this, they been trusting alot more with 3DS are Big N opening up to other for the better or will it just be lazy ports

btw do we know who doing the Star Fox remake?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Cosmonaut X said:
I'd guess that there's a lot of work toward Wii 2 going on, but the bulk of Nintendo's internal resources will probably be directed toward the software that will drive the first year or two of the 3DS.
Likely. The Wii is on life support/very close to clinically dead, has been for a while and won't hold up much longer. The 3DS is probably the only reason why a successor isn't already about to come out, and two hardware launches close to each other mean a lot of work.

jump_button said:
btw do we know who doing the Star Fox remake?
I think it's the same team who made Super Mario 64 DS. I might be wrong, though.

PatmanBegins said:
Miyamoto has been overseeing this project himself though, hasn't he? I remember him talking extensively about the team working on this in an Iwata Asks segment.
Miyamoto oversees a lot of stuff, spanning many teams at the same time. Either this, or Nintendo secretly cloned him.

Suzzopher said:

Skyward Sword, (EAD 3) Kirby Wii (HAL), Kirby DS (HAL), Super Mario 3DS (EAD Tokyo) and Kid Icarus Uprising (Sora) are being developed internally for sure.

Other games that are almost certainly being developed internally are Rhythm Heaven Wii (SPD), Paper Mario 3DS (Intelligent Systems), Mario Kart 3DS (EAD 1 most likely, under Hideki Konno), Animal Crossing 3DS (EAD 2 most likely, under Katsuya Eguchi) and Starfox 64 3DS (though after this revelation, who knows who's developing it!)

That leaves EAD 4 and 5 unaccounted for. Intelligent Systems are also capable of working on more than 1 game at a time so they're surely working on something else (and no, I doubt that their work on 3DS Camera would've taken up many of their resources). EAD Tokyo also have a second (smaller) team that worked on Flipnote Studio and the JPN only DSi Ware guidebook program. They might be ready to show something off soon (Something for the 3DS eshop would be my guess)

Retro Studios only just finished DKCR not long ago so their next game wouldn't be anywhere near ready to be shown off yet and NST are almost certainly working on the Classics 3D games for the 3DS (and have only just finished Mario VS DK 4) so don't count on seeing anything else from them soon. Monolith Soft finished Xenoblade not long ago, though they're pretty large so they might have something else to show for E3.

As for satellite studios, Alphadream have also been quiet for a good while, as have Skip (I doubt that Snowpack Park took up all of their staff members) and Ambrella. ND Cube might also be ready to show something at E3.

Genius Sonority are working on that Pokemon typing game (though I reckon they should have the resources to be working on something else as well). I'm not sure about Brownie Brown, I remember hearing that they're currently working on something but I can't remember what that was. Camelot of course only just finished Golden Sun Dark Dawn so they won't be showing anything else for a while and the same goes for Good Feel with Fluff's Kirby's Epic Yarn.

That about covers it (unless Nintendo are working with Next Level Games on something). I would've never have expected OoT 3DS to be outsourced!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Suzzopher said:
Well at the Japanese investors meeting a couple months back where they announced the new Wii Kirby and Pandora's Tower they also said there's numerous unannounced Wii software. Then more recently they said they held back 3DS software for 3rd parties to benefit from the launch window (can't find link). So, yeah, it's anyone's guess...

Why would you do that? said:
Maybe they'll become the next Flagship?

If they do, I hope they're good... Flagship was awesome.

You do know that a lot of the Flagship staff who made the Oracles Zeldas and Minish Cap actually joined Nintendo when Flagship was disbanded right? (in fact, a former Flagship member who directed Minish Cap is the one directing Skyward Sword!)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Jintor said:
That's their big E3 surprise this year.
They're shipping Miyamoto clones with each Wii 2, so Forever Alone hardcore buyers have someone to play local multiplayer with?
Or maybe Miyamoto clones are the Wii 2 :eek:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks for developing that game we didn't want to release at retail and barely at all, why don't you port one of our games instead?

AniHawk

Stumpokapow said:
Thanks for developing that game we didn't want to release at retail and barely at all, why don't you port one of our games instead?

well, they gave them one of their best ones, so it kinda evens out.

cw_sasuke

AniHawk said:
well, they gave them one of their best ones, so it kinda evens out.
Probably the biggest title they will ever work on, so they should be happy...

mclem

Nuclear Muffin said:
As for satellite studios, Alphadream have also been quiet for a good while,

Mario & Luigi 3DS, perhaps? That feels... inappropriate, though. Particularly because there's going to be lots of crossover appeal with Paper Mario 3DS, and I'm sure they don't want to compete.

AniHawk

cw_sasuke said:
Probably the biggest title they will ever work on, so they should be happy...

and if it's sm64ds quality, they should be folded into quantic dream without the possibility of parole.

mclem said:
Mario & Luigi 3DS, perhaps? That feels... inappropriate, though. Particularly because there's going to be lots of crossover appeal with Paper Mario 3DS, and I'm sure they don't want to compete.

It would be pretty cool if we got a 2D console Mario & Luigi game and Paper Mario for the 3DS wouldn't it...
personally, I'd rather see them work on something else for once, but that would still be pretty awesome (and fairly likely as there's no way that the 3DS would get a Paper Mario game AND a Mario & Luigi game)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
much as i like PAPER MARIO, i do not like the implications of PAPER MARIO going handheld and invading the MARIO & LUIGI space. i would refer to it as a "flattening of the landscape" where mario rpgs are concerned, but. . . well, look at it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
beelzebozo said:
much as i like PAPER MARIO, i do not like the implications of PAPER MARIO going handheld and invading the MARIO & LUIGI space. i would refer to it as a "flattening of the landscape" where mario rpgs are concerned, but. . . well, look at it.

that's like... family feud family interview level groan-worthy!

beelzebozo said:
Maybe it means ML invading the consoles! :O

I would have spit out my drink at this news. If I had a drink. Damn, Nintendo is bedding with a lot of third parties. I wonder if they are doing the same with more western companies

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Stumpokapow said:
that's like... family feud family interview level groan-worthy!

i would say richard dawson era family feud, too. they wouldn't permit that level of tomfoolery on modern feud. it's edgy. here's the corresponding face from dawson for my comment.

S4vrX.jpg

Maybe it means ML invading the consoles! :O

I would have spit out my drink at this news. If I had a drink. Damn, Nintendo is bedding with a lot of third parties. I wonder if they are doing the same with more western companies

moving MARIO AND LUIGI to consoles and making its focus a cooperative, team-based roleplaying game for more than one person actually makes some degree of sense as far as nintendo's modus operandi for the system go. multiplayer in GALAXY, NSMB, DKCR. . . and a console M&L.

Nuclear Muffin said:
You do know that a lot of the Flagship staff who made the Oracles Zeldas and Minish Cap actually joined Nintendo when Flagship was disbanded right? (in fact, a former Flagship member who directed Minish Cap is the one directing Skyward Sword!)
Yes, but it isn't the same. The Flagship games don't really feel like Nintendo games, while PH and ST do. I like to blame it on the loss of that Capcom energy. lol.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
From The Dust said:
Alpha Dream should do something outside the Mario franchise. Maybe an rpg the west will never get

yes, definitely. one that will bomb at retail and lead to the dissolution of the studio.

trinest

Smiles and Cries said:
Lets see the guy who created the Mana series for Square Enix now has his hands on The Legend of Zelda OoT?

I can live with that
3AQmK.gif
I can't ;)

Okay I probably can, from what I've seen it looks great- if only it plays good too. (well of course it will its a port- but yeah).

cw_sasuke

Nuclear Muffin said:
I'm not sure about Brownie Brown, I remember hearing that they're currently working on something but I can't remember what that was.

This would be Fantasy Life for Level 5 - im pretty sure this game will be published by Nintendo in western regions. I expect it to be at e3.

Okay, but what about Star Fox 64 3DS? I'd like to hear something new about it, but I suppose we won't see anything more on it until E3.

AniHawk

Chet Rippo said:
Okay, but what about Star Fox 64 3DS? I'd like to hear something new about it, but I suppose we won't see anything more on it until E3.

IT ALSO INCLUDES MASTER QUEST!

Turrican3

Jocchan said:
According to the Australian rating boards, OoT 3D is developed by Grezzo Co. (Line Attack Heroes)
Hmmm... that would be both unexpected and, of course, quite interesting.

Makes me wonder how is Nintendo juggling with its internal teams between 3DS and Wii development (is there some other announced, but not yet released DS first party game?)

Turrican3 said:
Hmmm... that would be both unexpected and, of course, quite interesting.

Makes me wonder how is Nintendo juggling with its internal teams between 3DS and Wii development (is there some other announced, but not yet released DS first party game?)
There is Kirby developed by HAL

Top Bottom