• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Mass Effect 3 Screenshots

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
screen1152584f.jpg

screen1280pjxr.jpg

Game Informer said:
Both of the screens highlight Commander Shepard fighting Cerberus forces on the Salarian homeworld (click to enlarge).
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...55_5f00_effect55_5f00_355_5f00_screens55.aspx

Grakl

Looks like ME2 with better lighting.

Though, I can say that armor texture looks nice for the first screenshot.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Next-gen screenshot checklist:

MUZZLE FLASH
WIDE-LEAF PLANTS
RUBBLE
BURNING
GRUBBY SHADOWS
ANAMORPHIC FLARE

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Incredible, i love this series. I plan to buy both ps3 and 360 special editions if and when they are released.

Dennis

Banned
I want screenshots of a large level like from Virmire to calm my fears that we won't see a repeat of ME2: the corridor cover shooter.

Kyoufu

DennisK4 said:
I want screenshots of a large level like from Virmire to calm my fears that we won't see a repeat of ME2: the corridor cover shooter.

Good luck with that :lol

I think we all know it'll still be a corridor cover shooter. Will eat crow if proven otherwise.

Grakl said:
Looks like ME2 with better lighting.

Though, I can say that armor texture looks nice for the first screenshot.
Here's to hoping Shepard's and squadmate's PS2-quality armor textures are much improved -- and going by Liara in LotSB, they will be.

Wario64 said:
So is that a health bar on his back?

Hard to say, it looks like a part of the suit design and not a health bar and there's one on the other side as well. (or maybe one is health and the other is shield?)

Enosh

D2M15 said:
Next-gen screenshot checklist:

MUZZLE FLASH
I find this one always funny to see in futuristic games given that moden day arms manufactures are trying very hard to reduce the muzzle flash as much as possible

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Kyoufu said:
Good luck with that :lol

I think we all know it'll still be a corridor cover shooter. Will eat crow if proven otherwise.

It'll be a corridor shooter which takes place entirely on Earth.

No vehicles, no exploration, NO MERCY!!!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Speedymanic said:
Hard to say, it looks like a part of the suit design and not a health bar and there's one on the other side as well. (or maybe one is health and the other is shield?)
If they allow you to switch shoulder views than it makes sense for the bar to be duplicated on the other side.

Zeliard

Wario64 said:
So is that a health bar on his back?

I think Bioware said in some interview that they're taking influence from games like Dead Space as far as HUD, but I could just be making that up entirely.

Jarmel

Banned
The Salarian homeworld looks more tropical than I would have imagined. Maybe they're going for a Virmire feel?

Jarmel

Banned
Zeliard said:
I think Bioware said in some interview that they're taking influence from games like Dead Space as far as HUD, but I could just be making that up entirely.

Indeed they did. Notice that there are no weapons on Shepard's back giving a clear view. I think they did go with a Dead Space approach. Maybe no HUD when not in cover and a HUD when you are?

Top Bottom