• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park delayed to fall

atomsk

Party Pooper
new news = new thread

4Q1ms.jpg

totally saw this coming

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sounds like they made the right choice. TBH, I haven't really played any Telltale games yet, but I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan so I'm on board for this one.

also awesome of them to hook up preorder dudes with a refund AND a free game, now that's a rare act of classiness

RPGCrazied

hopefully to polish the animations, the ones I saw in the recent trailer was pretty bad. I don't mind the QTE parts, but thats the main problem I see with it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
UGH, goddamnit.
I feel like I knew this was gonna happen.

Snaku

Banned
While this is undeniably disappointing to me, I'm glad they don't feel the need to rush this game out as fast as possible. I'd rather wait another six months and get a great game, rather than play what was looking to be a fairly underwhelming Heavy Rain clone tomorrow.

wrowa

I just hope they don't put too much money and time into what is likely to become a total trainwreck if not updated substantially. From the grounds up at best :x

So they delayed it partially due to them wanting it out on everything at the same time for maximum PR exposure? Smart move.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
brandonh83 said:
Probably a good thing, when Pirates of the Caribbean broke down in 1956, nothing worked.
But when the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down the pirates don't eat the tourists.

Dammit, I was really looking forward to this. I didnt have a problem with how it looked or the animation but if they are going to delay it I'm hoping they will improve these aspects.

Fall could mean September? Hopefully it's not that far away :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My one concern here is that, with a fixed number of staff (100 or so, right?), delaying a project six months means delaying all subsequent projects at least a little as well. I'm not incredibly pumped for Jurassic Park *ducks thrown shoes* but I'm very interested in Fables and King's Quest.

Bankoiia

Sounds like the right thing to do.

That said, it's my least anticipated upcoming Telltale release. Perhaps something that will change with this.

This is disappointing but hopefully they really do improve the game and aren't doing it for just PR purposes. At least the next episode of Back to the Future and the Hector game are coming out tomorrow.

brandonh83 said:
Probably a good thing, when Pirates of the Caribbean broke down in 1956, nothing worked.

uuhhhhhhhh POTC didn't open until 1967 and the quote is:

When they opened Disneyland in 1956 Nothing worked!

Salsa

Stumpokapow said:
I'm not incredibly pumped for Jurassic Park *ducks thrown shoes* but I'm very interested in Fables and King's Quest.

I hear ya. Im interested in JP as a franchise and was excited at first, but i remain skeptical and im yet to be convinced if the direction they're going for is gonna work. Fables and The Walking Dead is what i need.

Mdk7

Disappointing news (i preordered it last month and i was sooo anticipating it, i'm such a Jurassic Park whore :p), but now i hope they significantly improve the package -which was frankly looking a little shoddy.

NewFresh

So you get a reimbursement for the pre-order and a free game. That is way more than any other company would do if they had to delay a game.

Stumpokapow said:
My one concern here is that, with a fixed number of staff (100 or so, right?), delaying a project six months means delaying all subsequent projects at least a little as well. I'm not incredibly pumped for Jurassic Park *ducks thrown shoes* but I'm very interested in Fables and King's Quest.

Wait, there's a new King's Quest?

EmmanuelMunoz said:
So you get a reimbursement for the pre-order and a free game. That is way more than any other company would do if they had to delay a game.

Yeah, they're even offering Hector and Back to the Future as the free game and not just something older.

Anticitizen One said:
uuhhhhhhhh POTC didn't open until 1967 and the quote is:

When they opened Disneyland in 1956 Nothing worked!

It's been a while, but thanks for the clarification to such a critical issue!

Sciz

I'd wondered how they were going to produce so many games on schedule while maintaining quality while working on new gameplay mechanics all at once.

Guess this is my answer.

Wonder if anything else is getting pushed up a bit to fill the downtime while JP goes back to the drawing board.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Leondexter said:
"Jurassic Park"!? Holy crap, I didn't know this was in the works.

"first episode"? Oh, nevermind.

... this'd make sense if you weren't talking about Telltale. They've done this many times now.

Possible objections to episodic content:
1) WHAT IF THEY NEVER RELEASE THE OTHER EPISODES? Not a problem. They release one per month/six weeks.
2) TERRIBLE CLIFFHANGERS!!!! Not a problem. While the episodes do lead from one to another, it's not a Golden Sun situation.
3) NICKEL AND DIMING!!!! COSTS TOO MUCH!!! No, the prices are reasonable, they frequently go on sale. I got Tales of Monkey Island for $5 or something stupid.

This'll be to add that all important gameplay, I'm sure.

Because, you see, I am inferring that there was none in that video that came out. None at all. Pressing buttons occasionally based on prompts isn't gameplay, that's the message I'm trying to get across. I hope that was clear.

Takao

Banned
Stumpokapow said:

I was most excited for Jurassic Park, it is my nostalgic film franchise of sitting home on a rainy Saturday night watching it over and over again. Then I saw the game... Telltale's phoning this one in, and with the amount of other properties they're taking I'd be fearful of their quality.

ArjanN

SalsaShark said:
Very cool of them to offer the refund with any telltale game for free.

Giving a free game is pretty smart of them given that most of their games are part of a larger series. Same reason they often give away free episodes, because if you'll like them you'll buy more of their stuff.

Salsa

ArjanN said:
Giving a free game is pretty smart of them given that most of their games are part of a larger series. Same reason they often give away free episodes, because if you'll like them you'll buy more of their stuff.

Wish they made their titles steamworks from their store. I know it works alright for them this way (with the occasional Steam sale and the occasional in-house store sale), but if only to just streamline the experience. I end up with TOMI on Steam and Back to the Future in their store, stuff like that.

Top Bottom