• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameinformer cover revealed: Assassin's Creed Revelations [Plus Screenshot]

Pooya

gami_218_cov_ax7bx.jpg

assassin-screed-revelag71t.jpg

Gameinformer
ACR Hub on GI

Gameinformer said:
You've heard the rumors; now get the facts. Ezio's final chapter will bring the answers that fans have been waiting four years to uncover.

The June issue of Game Informer is on its way, and Assassin's Creed Revelations will grace the cover. Our exclusive, first look, 12-page cover story reveals extensive details on the franchise's next major installment, due out this November.

You'll learn how each of the franchise's major characters -- Altaïr, Ezio, and Desmond -- play a part in the story, and how you'll control each of the three as playable characters. Uncover a brand new part of the world as Ezio travels abroad for the first time to explore the wonders of Constantinople at the height of the Ottoman Empire. Learn about all the new features that set Revelations apart, from a brand new weapon and tool that changes the way you'll fight and traverse the world, to extensive details on the newly customizable multiplayer game. And what exactly is going on with Desmond after the end of Brotherhood? Of course, we also have a wealth of new screens and art to accompany all the information. We unveil all this and more in our magazine cover story, and we'll have more in-depth information, interviews, and videos about the game's central features here on gameinformer.com throughout the month.

For new updates on Assassin's Creed Revelations all this month, click on the banner below. To start things off right, we've already updated the hub with the first high resolution screenshot from the game, along with three convenient sizes to download and use as desktop wallpapers. Enjoy!

On top of the Assassin's Creed Revelations story, you can look forward to six pages of new details and assets of the gorgeous new platformer, Rayman Origins. We also have our full report on everything we know about the Nintendo HD console, we go behind the scenes with augmented reality gaming, and explore a dedicated feature on how you can go green in your gaming habits. Watch for the June issue of Game Informer to arrive in the next few days.

---

Mod Edit:

Here's the survey they released a while ago:

Survey said:
Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the ASSASSIN"S CREED: BROTHERHOOD?

1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running

2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.

3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world

4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)

5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district

6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period

7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy

8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)

9) Online Cooperative Mode

10) Offline Cooperative Mode

11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer

12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets

13) Playing new Multiplayer modes

14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)

15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)
I bolded some parts that are basically confirmed by the Game Informer excerpt. Given how just about everything in the excerpt is on this list, it seems they're sticking fairly close to the survey.

kamspy

I was really hoping for new chars and a new settings. I'll still check for it. Haven't played a bad AssCreed game yet.

Ridley327

Seeing Constantinople/Istanbul through the ages is going to be pretty awesome, but I definitely want to see what those new Rayman Origins details are about.

Jex

Ah, generic title naming conventions are setting in nicely.

I'm sure it will be good.

Atruvius

Fans like Ezio so Ubi's gonna milk him dry so everyone bets berod of him. It's time to change the character!

I want a WWI Assassin's Creed.

I'm a little tired of both these characters to tell you the truth. Was hoping for an exciting new locale and AC3.

Orayn

Assassin's Creed always struck me as a unique series in that it has consistently had a good reception among both action-adventure enthusiasts the dudebro crowd. Are you taking notes on this, Activision?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ganondorfo said:
Another game in november, damn i just dont want to know the schedule release for november...
So far:

Battlefield 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Need For Speed: The Run
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Outside of Uncharted, all of their last entries shipped over 5 million copies to boot (assuming we group Fallout with Elder Scrolls).

Hixx

Glad its not still in Italy.

Not sure if I'm glad Ezio's back. I mean I don't dislike him or anything its just... not as interesting as a new time frame and character.

I was concerned about too many AC games with II and Brotherhood within a year of each other, but they were both amazing so I'm definitely in for this.

I'm invested in the story line. Day one.

I'm kinda glad they're bringing back Altair but I hope he's still not the one-dimensional asshole he was in the first game. There was basically nothing to that character. For me that was a bigger flaw than the repetitive missions.

TOO. FUCKING. COOL.

I was hoping to control both Ezio and Altair since I figured we might not get a new player, but this is just awesome. Love those two images I'm seeing. Plus, new setting!? Awesome.

That's how I sum this up: Awesome.

Top Bottom