• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Disney Universe" Announced - Teaser Trailer - (Disney LBP? More like Disney Lego?)

Update:

Teaser Trailer: http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/24/disney-universe-teaser-trailer?objectid=109467

---

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051873RE/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051875OU/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005187540/?tag=neogaf0e-20

- Suit-up for action as more than 40 classic and contemporary Disney characters including Alice, Mike, TRON and Stitch.
- Mischief, magic and mayhem reign as players explore 6 different worlds inspired by Disney and Pixar films.
- Team up with up to four friends to solve puzzles or defeat enemies or toss your friend into trouble!

Google didn't help much, and it says this is due on the 26th.

Is this some new trashy cash-in game? Thoughts? This sounds kinda cool, sounds like an action game. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be by Papaya and ending up sucking...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My gut says it is a Lego Star Wars like game with Disney Characters.

I wonder if the game will actually come out in 10 days.

PetriP-TNT said:
Who is "Mike"?

k252229_Mike-Wazowski2.jpg

Lijik

Drkirby said:
My gut says it is a Lego Star Wars like game with Disney Characters.

I wonder if the game will actually come out in 10 days.
I get the feeling its going to be more like those Nickelodeon action games that keep coming out

WillyFive

The concept sounds like a new Epic Mickey, but considering the release date, it's probably something a lot less big. Probably a kid game, like those Marvel Superhero games.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Love the M rated Operation Flashpoint Red River trailer before this one!

Can't tell anything from that other than costumes. Could be potentially super fun. And a great game for kids. Will keep an eye out.

fernoca

FoneBone said:
So instead of playing as Disney characters you play as generic blue cartoon characters who wear Disney costumes? Okaaaaaaayyyy....
But that was the intention... ? :p
- Suit-up for action as more than 40 classic and contemporary Disney characters including Alice, Mike, TRON and Stitch.
- Mischief, magic and mayhem reign as players explore 6 different worlds inspired by Disney and Pixar films.
- Team up with up to four friends to solve puzzles or defeat enemies or toss your friend into trouble!
Was never alluded to controlling the characters per se. Got a ModNation vibe from the teaser, and with the (quite awesome) Toy Box mode in Toy Story 3. A fun/quick game about dressing up and customization, coop, competition and online... would be really cool. Doubt it's like that though.

TimmiT

Why the hell would anyone want to play as those things wearing Disney costumes instead of the actual Disney characters?

Probably do not want. If it had been the actual characters, sure. Sackboy knockoffs with 'tude... do not want.

Which reminds me, wasn't there a Disney/LBP deal at one point? Did we get anything from that except the Pirates stuff?

Lijik

TimmiT said:
Why the hell would anyone want to play as those things wearing Disney costumes instead of the actual Disney characters?
Just ask any Dreamworks movie poster, kids love 'Tude.
Kids also love disney.

Now they have the two together. So double the love.

V_Ben

Banned
Wow, that looks like a LBP knock off without the charm and personality. Which is weird because the Tron costume in LBP2 looks better than that one :/

FoneBone

SiegfriedFM said:
Which reminds me, wasn't there a Disney/LBP deal at one point? Did we get anything from that except the Pirates stuff?
LBP2 got Tron, Toy Story, and Muppets costumes.

I doubt this is actually an LBP knockoff, in spite of the Sackboy resemblance. The description on Amazon says nothing about level/content creation, for instance.

Top Bottom