• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Amnesia: TDD on Onlive (Just Today) Get the horror if you're poorer!

JesseZao

Amnesia-The-Dark-Descent.jpg

You can get a free playpass to the game through OnLive today only! It started 9:01 PM PT Monday night
(12:01 AM ET) and will be available for free for 24 hours.

1. If you don't have the OnLive app, get it here.

2. Then once in the app, go to the marketplace and click Get Game.

3. Enter promo code THANKYOU and then hit apply it.

4. Click Purchase and begin playing!

JesseZao

Soda said:
does access to this game expire?

Their blanket legal policy is it will be guaranteed to be active on their servers for 3 years, but they've given indication that they probably won't just discontinue games.

Using the promo gives you full access to the game through the online service as if you had purchased it for $20.

Soda

This is neat. I'm guessing you have to have an internet connection to play though (cant play on the airplane)

JesseZao

Soda said:
This is neat. I'm guessing you have to have an internet connection to play though (cant play on the airplane)
Yeah. You need a broadband connection to use the service. Can be run on pretty much any computer as long as you have the internet though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Get to joining OnLive, GAF, so I can have a decent community to play with. I play with the same dozen people on Homefront all the time.

JesseZao, thank you so much. I've been wanting to play this for a while but don't have the money to build a gaming pc so this is great. Thanks for the heads up.

[edit] Is there an official OnLive thread or something? I want to see what's GAF's take on this. I'm not a PC gamer but there are a lot of games I would be interested in, and if the service makes sense I can see myself buying a few of their games to play on my shitty laptop.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Unable to contact the OnLive Game Service. Please check play.online.com for details.

a512

JesseZao

FunkyPajamas said:
Thanks for the heads up.

Certainly :)

I had the problem with the incompatible graphics card with my laptop and the desktop one was just too old. Hopefully people with that problem see this so they can finally play it. Hoping to have time to fire it up tonight when I get home.

People getting the game should join the OT and post their name so we can add you as friends. You can then spectate GAFers getting freaked out by the terrible creatures (and even hear them if they have voice chat on). You can turn spectating off if you want, but I think it's one of the big draws for the service.

Wow, that took me about 5 minutes, thanks. The selection isn't great, but some of the prices are pretty nice (AC 2 and NBA 2k11 in particular).

JesseZao

I'll try and keep this near the first page every hour or so since this is going to be irrelevant soon.

Get it while it's hot!

JesseZao

confused said:
Yeah, I think I'll prefer to just wait for a Steam sale. Onlive hasn't exactly been a smashing success so far.

[namequote] Not sure what that has to do with a free game, but don't let me force feed you games you'd rather pay for. ;) [/namequote]

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why would anyone get it on OnLive when they don't physically own a copy of it.

If it was free on Steam for the day, I'd yoink it even if I couldn't play it for the next couple of years. Yes, I know that's the beauty of OnLive's "cloud" but that cloud service isn't the best, which is my point.

Seda

Thanks for the bump. As someone who's always envied those with rigs that can actually play games..this might be awesome.

Onlive's input delay has always bugged me, this should be a game where that is less crucial.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
TheSeks said:

If it was free on Steam for the day, I'd yoink it
wut

Fox1304

Is this expired ? I'm scared to push " Next" when buying the game since I'm not sure if I'll be able to enter the code after.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fox1304 said:
Is this expired ? I'm scared to push " Next" when buying the game since I'm not sure if I'll be able to enter the code after.

Look at the post above yours and note the time. :p

Fox1304

JaseC said:
Look at the post above yours and note the time. :p

Last time I checked, the forum time wasn't the same as my local time, so I asked :D
Guess it's fixed now, and I'm screwed then ^^

Maffis

TheSeks said:

If it was free on Steam for the day, I'd yoink it even if I couldn't play it for the next couple of years. Yes, I know that's the beauty of OnLive's "cloud" but that cloud service isn't the best, which is my point.

Isn't that kind of a double standard?

Top Bottom