• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS eshop official site (Japan) + press releases

enishi

JAPAN
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/versionup/index.html

Video of new firmware features

6 VC launch title: (all gameboy)
Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge
Kirby's Dreamland
Baseball
Phantasm
Downtown Special: Kunio-kun's Historical Drama with Everyone Assembled!
Super Mario Land - 400 yen each

2 3DS ware titles
Mystery P.I.: The Missing Film - 500 yen
3D Block Breaker - 500 yen

2 3D classic titles:
Excitebike free until 31/7
Xevious - 600 yen

Trailer of 3DS games can be access from eshop.

Browser: no flash and you can upload and share ur photos through "My blog".

Edit: Thanks cheesemeister

US
Nintendo Offers Free Re-mastered 3D Version of NES Classic Excitebike for Limited Time

REDMOND, Wash., June 2, 2011 – Nintendo of America has announced that the first major system update for the hand-held Nintendo 3DS™ system will be available in North America the evening of June 6, Pacific time. By installing the free update via a wireless broadband Internet connection, Nintendo 3DS users will have access to an Internet browser and the Nintendo eShop, which contains a variety of new content, including Pokédex™ 3D, an application that lets fans see Pokémon™ characters in 3D. To celebrate the grand opening of the Nintendo eShop, Nintendo is offering the NES™ game Excitebike™ re-mastered in 3D as a free download until July 7 for anyone who installs the system update. Upcoming Virtual Console™ content available in the Nintendo eShop includes Game Boy™ games Super Mario Land™, Alleyway™ and Radar Mission™. New content will be added to the Nintendo eShop on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a digital store for Nintendo 3DS owners that provides access to a wide variety of downloadable content, such as original 3D software, classic games that have been re-mastered in 3D called 3D Classics, Game Boy and Game Boy Color "Virtual Console" games in their original 2D glory, and more than 350 Nintendo DSiWare™ games. Visitors can also view video game trailers, screen shots and product information for games, including those available at retail locations.

Within the Nintendo eShop, Nintendo 3DS users will also be able to download the free Pokédex 3D application and start collecting data for more than 150 Pokémon from the Pokémon™ Black Version and Pokémon White Version games. This new application lets users view each Pokémon in 3D with animated motion and sound. The Pokémon image can be rotated 360 degrees, allowing users to zoom in and view it from any angle. The detailed Pokédex also allows users to search, sort and filter all of the data they receive in a variety of ways, making it the essential guide for Pokémon fans. Players can complete their Pokédex by sharing data with friends and using the SpotPass™ feature, or by scanning special Pokémon AR Markers (augmented-reality markers). Once users have received data for a Pokémon, the AR Viewer allows them to view that Pokémon image in a real-world setting in real time, and create photos to share with friends.

"The Nintendo 3DS system is constantly evolving and growing," said Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. "The Nintendo eShop is a one-stop resource for a broad range of Nintendo information and downloadable games and applications. It expands the Nintendo 3DS experience with new and entertaining content."

Other capabilities that go live with the system update include a free Internet browser that has the capability to show 3D images on sites specifically designed to show 3D images. The browser can also be used during game play. Users can stop their Nintendo 3DS game and go to the browser by pressing the Home button and then resume their game when they are finished browsing.

The system update also gives Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™ system owners the ability to easily transfer most of their previously downloaded Nintendo DSiWare™ games to their new Nintendo 3DS systems.

In the near future, users will be able to download a free application for a short-form video service that will enable them to view specially selected video content, including 3D movie trailers, comedy clips and music videos automatically received when the SpotPass feature is activated.

To install the recommended system update, Nintendo 3DS users can simply start the "System Settings" from the Home Menu, select "Other Settings" and scroll the page right to select "System Update."

Remember that the Nintendo 3DS system features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo3ds.com.

Zee-Row

Banned
Excitebike 3D looks more like an enhanced remake than a 3D port. I was just expecting the NES aspect ratio in 3D.

Actually, VC launch titles in Japan are...

Kirby's Dream Land
Baseball
Phantasm
Downtown Special: Kunio-kun's Historical Drama with Everyone Assembled!
Super Mario Land

All are from the original Game Boy, priced at 400 yen.

3DS game downloads...

Mystery P.I.: The Missing Film - 500 yen
3D Block Breaker - 500 yen
3D Classics: Xevious - 600 yen
3D Classics: Excitebike - 600 yen free for now

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Wait all those promo shots and no Link's Awakening at launch? This better not be true in the US.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Xevious as a 3D classic is also there for 600 yen - right ?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
DSi transfer will copy over your Wi-Fi Settings, Photos and Audio and DSiWare. Will erase what's on your 3DS (Audio, Photos) if you don't move to SD card.

I hope the prices are equal to Americans, i.e. GB games are $4.00 and 3D classic titles are $6.00.

Assuming the launch is the same in N.A., I won't buy anything Day 1. I don't like most GB games, but I look forward to future ones like Link's Awakening or the Oracle games.

Zee-Row said:
Excitebike 3D looks more like an enhanced remake than a 3D port. I was just expecting the NES aspect ratio in 3D.
I wouldn't call it an "enhanced remake" if all they are doing is using the full screen width and adding saving to custom tracks. 3D Classics aren't just basic ROMs like the VC, true, but they are trying to keep the ports as close to the original as possible. Zelda OoT 3D, THAT is an enhanced remake, with improved graphics, new game modes, new menus, new items, and one orchestrated song.

cw_sasuke

hatchx said:
Wait a second, are the VC games 3d?
There are no VC Games in 3D, but classics in 3D - excite bike and xevious. GB/GBC and all other VC games, will be the same rom dumps we know from the Wii Virtual Console without any 3D enhancements.

hatchx said:
Wait a second, are the VC games 3d? Four bucks seems a bit pricey.
Depends on the game......people should expect 99C prices, nintendo wont sell their prestige title for this kind of money. This isnt the AppStore.

But at least there will be sales this time and a hopefully more flexible price structure.....so that some companies can sell their GB games for 300 yen or so.

SmithnCo

Hope other territories get MegaMan soon, didn't even know it was planned.

hatchx said:
Wait a second, are the VC games 3d?

No, the 3D classics are. Many VC games are probably unsuitable, or it would take too much time for them to be properly converted to 3D without graphical glitches.

john tv

Day 1 purchases for me:

Cheesemeister said:
Kirby's Adventure
Super Mario Land
3D Classics: Xevious - 600 yen
3D Classics: Excitebike - 600 yen free for now

I really wish 3DS had achievements. I'd buy 2 or 3 times as many old games if it did, seriously. :p

hatchx

Banned
SmithnCo said:
No, the 3D classics are. Many VC games are probably unsuitable, or it would take too much time for them to be properly converted to 3D without graphical glitches.

Well there goes my dream of Yoshi's Island in 3D. Even just using a few separate 3D plates, 2D sprite graphics using the 3D effect would be so cool.

hatchx said:
Well there goes my dream of Yoshi's Island in 3D. Even just using a few separate 3D plates, 2D sprite graphics using the 3D effect would be so cool.

Don't give up. It could be redone as a 3D Classic.

cw_sasuke

hatchx said:
Wait what ? Yi will be as 3D classic - since it hasnt been released on GB or GB. They already showed it a e3.

hatchx said:
Wait a second, are the VC games 3d? Four bucks seems a bit pricey.
I don't think it's easy to get most GB games used for $4, so I don't see it as pricey.

But the only old titles remade in 3D are the "3D Classics," the $6 ones.

cw_sasuke said:
Wait what ? Yi will be as 3D classic - since it hasnt been released on GB or GB. They already showed it a e3.
That doesn't mean anything, Nintendo themselves said that none of those games were planned at the time, they were just demos of what could be done (many of the games they showed they don't even own the license to). And they were just static scenes with a little motion, not actual gameplay footage. I think only Xevious was fully playable at E3.

Seeing that excitebike has been enhanced makes me look forward to the rest of the 3D range a bit more.

Assumed nintendo were going to be lazy with this, very happy to be wrong.

cw_sasuke

Dreamwriter said:
That doesn't mean anything, Nintendo themselves said that none of those games were planned at the time, they were just demos of what could be done (many of the games they showed they don't even own the license to). And they were just static scenes with a little motion, not actual gameplay footage. I think only Xevious was fully playable at E3.

Doesnt change the fact that it still can be released as a 3Dclassic and probably will be released as one. I know the wont releaase every game - but it is possible. But they wont start with the big Snes titles and spoil the customer. The only reason for not releasing some of the titles would be if they want to put the out on retail.

Busaiku said:
Well, I'd assume 3DSWare would be 3D too.

Yes, but 3Dclassics is the only part on 3DS where 3D is mandatory. We will probably see also titles who dont use 3D at all on 3DSware.

btw. Could someone translate the list of non transferable DSiWare titles ?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/support/nottransfer_3ds_software.html

Edit:

No PokeDex 3D at launch ? Hmm...

enishi

The update and launch lineup is better than expected, though I wish GB VC was 300 yen instead of 400...

But no flash in browser and no message to online friends made me sad :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I 'tubed the video here if anybody cant load the website (for whatever reason).

cw_sasuke said:
btw. Could someone translate the list of non transferable DSiWare titles ?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/support/nottransfer_3ds_software.html

From Etrain:
Become an Artist! Easy Sketching
Become an Artist! Everyone's Painting Series

From Gameloft:
Earthworm Jim
Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
Real Soccer 2009
Real Soccer 2010

From Square-Enix:
Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road V, special color code scanner

From Takara-Tomy:
Nari Kyara Homeroom Teacher Hitman Reborn!
Nari Kyara Naruto: Shippuden

From Tasuke:
At Sports! Pro Baseball 2010

From Nintendo:
Flipnote Studio
Nintendo DS Browser
Pocket Rurubu Series

From Hudson:
Quiz Music Time w/ Karaoke JOYSOUND Wii SUPER DX Song Navi
Sudoku: 50 Beginner Puzzles!
Sudoku: 150 Puzzles!

mutsu

Looks like they are starting with old school Game Boy games first, and not the Game Boy Color ones just yet. Got to wait a bit longer for all those color goodness.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
enishi said:
The update and launch lineup is better than expected, though I wish GB VC was 300 yen instead of 400...

But no flash in browser and no message to online friends made me sad :(
Anyone know if this is planned for the future? The fact it's not possible is terrible.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
Any idea if the trailer (OoT) is in 3D or 2D?

I dont see why it wouldn't be both. It would be pretty stupid for Nintendo to trailer games without 3D.

Suzzopher

Not a bad launch for Japan. I hope we get the following in Europe:

Kirby's Adventure
Super Mario Land
3D Classics: Xevious
3D Classics: Excitebike

Rlan

Note: It's Kirby's DREAMLAND, not Kirby's Adventure. Adventure was the NES game. Dreamland was the first Kirby, which didn't have his ability to suck in and steal powers.

TheBear

I really hope they don't double dip with the 3D classics. eg. they release Super Mario Land and then release it again with 3D two months later.

Rlan said:
Note: It's Kirby's DREAMLAND, not Kirby's Adventure. Adventure was the NES game. Dreamland was the first Kirby, which didn't have his ability to suck in and steal powers.

You're right. You can tell I'm a big fan of the series, right?

jarosh

Dreamwriter said:
I wouldn't call it an "enhanced remake" if all they are doing is using the full screen width and adding saving to custom tracks. 3D Classics aren't just basic ROMs like the VC, true, but they are trying to keep the ports as close to the original as possible. Zelda OoT 3D, THAT is an enhanced remake, with improved graphics, new game modes, new menus, new items, and one orchestrated song.
the tracks in excitebike 3d are polygonal. look closely. it's apparently running on a 3d engine now.

Thoraxes

I still have my original cart of that.

Also, I pray for a release of Kirby's Pinball Land. It's just plain incredible. If the NA launch is anything close to this, i'll probably pick up 3 or so games. Classics.

man this was a painful two months of playing no games that worked on this stupid device thank GOD finally zelda and eshop are coming out i dont know why i bought a 3DS really but finally its now somewhat worthwhile i don't get why nintendo released it early to please fans when the crappy launch wouldnt have pleased anybody but oh well finally it's somewhat acceptable but im really only looking forward to ngp as that should be the better device

The US launch will probably have different GB games. I doubt they'd release the Kunio-kun game here.

No Flash for the browser means no YouTube. :(

I'd get MegaMan and Mario out of those games. Maybe Baseball too. I hope they are 400 here. That's a good price IMO.

Jeels

GAF A60-Rim A said:
man this was a painful two months of playing no games that worked on this stupid device thank GOD finally zelda and eshop are coming out i dont know why i bought a 3DS really but finally its now somewhat worthwhile i don't get why nintendo released it early to please fans when the crappy launch wouldnt have pleased anybody but oh well finally it's somewhat acceptable but im really only looking forward to ngp as that should be the better device

Punctuation would be a good idea.

I hope the North American line up is different.

Top Bottom