• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Registers Sites Right Before E3 (Fable: The Journey, XCommerce, DC2, More)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll put these in the rumor compilation thread, but this seemed solid enough to warrant its own thread as well.

Courtesy of Superannuation: http://twitter.com/#!/supererogatory/status/77079500399185920

Fable: The Journey
Kinect Fun Labs
XCommerce
Dance Central 2
Kinect Sports Season 2

As a note, the other big rumor that may have got buried in that thread is Xbox Live Diamond, a "super" version of Xbox Live with IPTV added.

Perhaps that's related to XCommerce.

Shiggy

Didn't we already know that those were coming? It's no surprise that Microsoft Games Studios Twycross/Birmingham is doing KS2 and Fable Studios is releasing the next Fable.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Shiggy said:
Didn't we already know that those were coming? It's no surprise that Microsoft Games Studios Twycross/Birmingham is doing KS2 and Fable Studios is releasing the next Fable.
XCommerce is the one that sticks out to me here.

Lakitu

st5fu
Yawn. I hope we don't get yet another Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports 2 presentation. I'd probably just turn it off and see the news on gaf.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Lakitu said:
Yawn. I hope we don't get yet another Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports 2 presentation. I'd probably just turn it off and see the news on gaf.

I would expect a lot of Kinect embarrassment from this year's conference.

Pachimari

Dance Central 2 will instantly be one of my most wanted games. I'm interested in Kinect Sports Season 2 as well, as I missed out on the first one. I'm excited for any Kinect games, it's just collecting dust these months.

Dabanton

As for Dance Central 2 they have so many ways to build on the first game i hope we see

MP and co-op dancing.

An Autolog type system so we can see what our friends and rivals are doing.

A way to save your videos

Dance-offs

Proper Facebook integration so i can post vids straight to my page.

Shiggy

Dabanton said:
Excited to see what events they have lined up for Kinect Sports 2

Edit:Hmm it's called season 2, interesting..

They prototyped climbing and basketball, apparently.

ui_concept_04jq5g.jpg

ui_concept_05osje.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Monty Mole said:
Why .org addresses? And why are they all registered from the same place when Dance Central 2 isn't a MS IP?

Microsoft is probably publishing the game.

JWong

Banned
Dabanton said:
As for Dance Central 2 they have so many ways to build on the first game i hope we see

MP and co-op dancing.

An Autolog type system so we can see what our friends and rivals are doing.

A way to save your videos

Dance-offs

Proper Facebook integration so i can post vids straight to my page.
Dance games are going to die off faster than fitness games.

They need something that isn't riding on a short stick.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Monty Mole said:
Why .org addresses? And why are they all registered from the same place when Dance Central 2 isn't a MS IP?
I noticed the same thing. Dance Central I could possibly believe being published by MS maybe, but the .org addresses is a little suspect.

JWong said:
Dance games are going to die off faster than fitness games.

They need something that isn't riding on a short stick.
Dance Central was the first truly great modern dancing game, I don't think the genre is quite so close to death yet. I'll probably start losing interest in new iterations by the third game though, assuming DC2 provides the features everyone wants.

derFeef

xcommerce stands out here, very weird name to be honest. I don't think that is anything game related and has maybe something to do with their cloud/cross-platform thing?

Nice, Dance Central and Kinect Sports are great games, can't wait to see what improvements there are to kinect functionality in the next games (if any at all).

Dabanton

So which european arm of MS will be the ones who ruin the E3 conference by posting the PR email detailing nearly everything 30mins before the main conference starts.

It happens almost every year.

I'm going to go with MS Italy who have form for this. Maybe Spain will surprise us this year and be the ones to do it.

Seems like we've hit the calm before the storm... all the juicy rumour talk has really stopped or been exhausted and seems like it will be like that for the rest of the day.

Xater

Dabanton said:
So which european arm of MS will be the ones who ruin the E3 conference by posting the PR email detailing nearly everything 30mins before the main conference starts.

It happens almost every year.

I'm going to go with MS Italy who have form for this. Maybe Spain will surprise us this year and be the ones to do it.

I would like that. That might spare me the time to actually watch the thing.

And except for XCommerce this is all going to be Kinect related.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Shiggy said:
They prototyped climbing and basketball, apparently.

I cannot possibly imagine how rock climbing could be fun on Kinect.

xbulletholes said:
if only they were half as good as the ratchet games. :(
anyway, do you think fable: the journey will use the milo & kate technology/ideas?
There's a basic Rare climbing prototyope video of here. Starts at about 3:30.

Plinko said:
I cannot possibly imagine how rock climbing could be fun on Kinect.

I hope so. Molyneux has as much as admitted that Fable's tech is dated, and the new engine looks fantastic. The "emotional AI" tech they've also been working on for years, so I'd expect it to be a major part of their new game, should it be a Kinect title.

Top Bottom