• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel announced ($59.99)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
5803366024_90f35894f7_b.jpg

5802809583_6cf2564d41_b.jpg

5802809701_640b3c572f_b.jpg

Launching in early October, the Wireless Speed Wheel is completely wireless and controlled intuitively with precise steering, standard controller buttons/triggers, and haptic feedback with rumble. The device is compatible with all racing games right out of the box*. The Wireless Speed Wheel will be available for $59.99 (U.S. ERP) and will ship to retailers worldwide beginning September 26, 2011. This device combines a fun and immersive driving experience with the biggest racing game of the year, the best rated “Forza Motorsport.”

With trigger buttons for gas and brake, combined with a rumble feedback, the Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel provides intuitive standard controller buttons that immerse the driver into the game, whether you like to white knuckle it down the race track with your hands at “10 and 2” or “9 and 3.”

The new Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel balances the realism of a wheel with the feel of a controller for greater user edge in game play. It includes buttons for game specific functions including triggers, ABXY and D-pad along with green bands of lights on each handle to provide visual cues when necessary.

For more information on the Wireless Speed Wheel, visit www.xbox.com.

*Limited functionality in some games. See www.xbox.com/wsw for details.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What the fuck? How long have we asked for a fucking proper wheel from Logitech or something and we end up getting this shit?

Fucking kinect.

DJ_Lae

The fuck.

My mind's still blown, as if it can't quite comprenend what I'm looking at. Who's going to pay $60 for a Wii Wheel with buttons?

...green bands of lights on each handle to provide visual cues when necessary.

Those light rings are the weirdest goddamn part (even weirder than flailing an unattached wheel around to try and steer).

Judging by the lack of analog sticks it seems you do control it like the Wii Wheel - that is, hold it in the air, turn, and wait out the lag.

What the fuck is this shit? It has no pedals, no shifter, no clutch. This isn't a wheel, it's a double-ended buttplug.

Sad that they're launching this for Forza 4. License Fanatec designs and make an official MS wheel based off of a Fanatec, MS.

kaskade

I was really hoping they would make a new version of the racing wheel to launch with forza 4. This is not what I wanted.

2th

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
WHERE IS THE PROPER WHEEL, MICROSOFT.

PEOPLE WANT A PROPER WHEEL.

i disagree. i think the design is not only attractive but very functional. Will you really spin a wheel? no. you will essentially keep your hands in the same position and move the controller. a wheel would end up being more of a hassle than you might think.

clav

Actually I know someone who might buy this.

He hated the original 360 wheel because it was an awkward design and always preferred a controller setup for his racer simulators.

2th said:
i disagree. i think the design is not only attractive but very functional. Will you really spin a wheel? no. you will essentially keep your hands in the same position and move the controller. a wheel would end up being more of a hassle than you might think.
the hell?

you speak as though there has never been a racing wheel in the history of gaming or something. We know exactly what a wheel is and how it works. We want a replacement for the discontinued racing wheel. We want force feedback and pedals.

we don't want a prettier Wii racing wheel.

enzo_gt said:
What the fuck? How long have we asked for a fucking proper wheel from Logitech or something and we end up getting this shit?

Fucking kinect.

Not seeing what Kinect has to do with this.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
2th said:
That was brilliant. :lol
Unless you were being serious...

Top Bottom