• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Online Will Be a Digital Download [Wii U]

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
From NintendoWorldReport:

"Ubisoft's Wii U shooter will be available for download online and they are aiming for launch.

Ghost Recon Online for Wii will not be a retail title, revealed a Ubisoft representative. The representative further explained that the final price point for the software is still being considered, but they are thinking about a price near $10. At the Ubisoft presentation tonight,they did not discuss or elaborate on these details at all.

Ghost Recon Online is also coming to the PC, where the title will be free. The PC version will have grenades and other items that can be purchased for your character, and its likely that so will the Wii U game. The rep also said that there will not be cross-platform play with the PC version."

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26694

Mafro

Door2Dawn said:
Source?

edit: $10 to download. Kind of lame that they're charging for this while PC gets it for free.
Presumably this version won't have microtransactions, or at least not to the same extent.

seady

Door2Dawn said:
Source?

edit: $10 to download. Kind of lame that they're charging for this while PC gets it for free.

Frankly, it's not uncommon. Many free games on PC are releasing with console version with a fee attached.

Ceebs

Door2Dawn said:
Source?

They would probably give you 10 bucks of free Ubimoney to spend in the store with this version.

JimboJones

samus4ever said:
This is why you need a hard drive Nintendo!
I thought external usb hdd's were confirmed to work with WiiU?
Kinda lame about the price but at the same time kind of cool the wiiu eshop or whatever it will be called is being supported with such a title already.

Top Bottom