• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free 1 Month Subscription to Marvel Comics - 7000 Comics Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

mdcu_2010_11_15.jpg

Go here and enter coupon code CAP734 during signup for 1 month free - no billing info needed
https://subscriptions.marvel.com/v3/pages/pg_digitalcomicssubscribe.php

desktop_2011_06_16_20_bgdw.jpg

goober

Thanks! When does it end? I want to sign up when there's a huge event happening.

edit: Your price: $0.00 (you saved $9.99)!
Offer expires 7/31/11 @11:59PM ET. Valid for new subs only & not for gifts.

iNvid02

Offer expires 7/31/11 @11:59PM ET.

im reading through spiderman

edit: looks like they actually have 8000 comics online, you can read it on iPadTM, iPhoneTM, iPodTM touch and PSP.

iNvidious01 said:
Offer expires 7/31/11 @11:59PM ET.

im reading through spiderman

edit: looks like they actually have 8000 comics online, you can read it on iPadTM, iPhoneTM, iPodTM touch and PSP.

need to expand this out to android before I'm interested.

bengraven

So what's all available? Any of the Ultimate books? The classic ones, not the new ones? I wouldn't mind re-reading USM or UXM.

iNvid02

bengraven said:
So what's all available? Any of the Ultimate books? The classic ones, not the new ones? I wouldn't mind re-reading USM or UXM.

yeah they have a lot of ultimate series, spiderman included

edit:
sshot-1uejj.png

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I was not expecting this to be so impressive.
Looks like they've got themselves a new customer.

bengraven

iNvidious01 said:
yeah they have a lot of ultimate series, spiderman included

edit:
sshot-1uejj.png

Awesome, very nice. I might take back what I said in the Wolverine thread about being done with Marvel.

For now.

Nesotenso

yeah its the Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited service. Certain issues might be missing and there is a delay or lag between what is available and what is out every Wednesday for the sake the of retailers. Thanks for the heads up.

bengraven

All right current Marvel readers, here's your chance to convert. What have I missed since 2001?

So far I'm going to check out Runaways and X-force since they've been talked up pretty big.

Just don't say "read this huge company crossover, it's awesome, but first you'll need to read this, this, and this".

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, I seriously just signed up for this 2 days ago just to randomly see how it was on iPhone... I've got to see if I can still do this. :(

El_TigroX said:
Fuck, I seriously just signed up for this 2 days ago just to randomly see how it was on iPhone... I've got to see if I can still do this. :(
Why not, just use some other e-mail address?
So yeah, I didn't find anything about Watchmen/Sandman like comics from Marvel.
Fuck that, I'm out.

How does this work exactly? Do I need an online connection in order to read them meaning I can't take them on the go? If not, what's to stop you from downloading everything and then canceling?

iNvid02

Marty Chinn said:
How does this work exactly? Do I need an online connection in order to read them meaning I can't take them on the go? If not, what's to stop you from downloading everything and then canceling?

you can only read the comics in your browser online, but the interface is pretty slick

on the mobile versions you can only access them through the marvel app

there is no downloading i dont think

desktop_2011_06_16_20_bgdw.jpg

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Phantast2k said:
Why not, just use some other e-mail address?

I didn't even need to do that. :) Just signed in, put the code in and got it.

kswiston

bengraven said:
All right current Marvel readers, here's your chance to convert. What have I missed since 2001?

So far I'm going to check out Runaways and X-force since they've been talked up pretty big.

Just don't say "read this huge company crossover, it's awesome, but first you'll need to read this, this, and this".

Did you read any of the marvel Knights stuff?

Daredevil was excellent for years. I'd also recommend the first volume of the Inhumans and Marvel Boy.

EDIT: Also looks like they have the entire run of the Immortal Iron Fist by Matt Fraction. That was worth reading.

Xater

Satchwar said:
Okay I don't usually read Marvel but fuck yeah @ this

X-Force is good, right?

I only heard great things about X-Force and I really enjoyed what I have read of Uncanny X-Force so far.. That's what I am going to read as well.

Thank you for making this thread OP!

Askani

Cool. Signed up and ready to go. Just need to figure out what I want to read first. Thanks for the info OP.

I'll check Google in a couple mins, but while I'm here...

Good sites for listings of all issues in a Crossover story? Wiki seemed to have a good in order list for Civil War but not so much with House of M. Looking for nice, comprehensive read orders.

I'm confused. I've got my free month, but how do I use it in conjunction with the app? The app is just showing me a pile of free comics, yet still asking me to purchase others... Or am I missing the point and the free ones are only free because I have the subscription?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dude, it's so good. Great use of paneling, dynamic action scenes and a fun adventure romp story. One of my favorites of all time.

glaringradio said:
I'm confused. I've got my free month, but how do I use it in conjunction with the app? The app is just showing me a pile of free comics, yet still asking me to purchase others... Or am I missing the point and the free ones are only free because I have the subscription?
Yeah, having the same problem. Shame, 'cause I'd love to read these on my iPad. Not quite as comfortable on desktop.

bengraven

jon bones said:
Dude, it's so good. Great use of paneling, dynamic action scenes and a fun adventure romp story. One of my favorites of all time.

Which one is it? There is a series that ended in 2009...is that it?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
bengraven said:
Which one is it? There is a series that ended in 2009...is that it?

Yes, it's called The Immortal Iron Fist, it ran from November 2006 to August 2009 and it's amazing.

kswiston said:
The one starting in 2006 by Matt Fraction.

and Ed Brubaker!

Nesotenso

Echo Immortal Iron Fist sentiments. God, I hope they make a movie one day. I know they were rumors they were working on a script.

barnone

Yea this doesn't provide access to the comics on the iPad app. Which is really good with all of the panel animations and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom