• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop: $50 gift card with CODBLOPS PS3 | Best Buy: $100 gift card with 160GB PS3

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
@ GameStop.com

Their Facebook page says this is available only while supplies last. Available online or in-store.

To sweeten the deal, GameStop is also doing their B2G1 free on pre-owned games sales this weekend. You can immediately use that $50 gift card to buy those games.

ZealousD said:
Are you sure that the SKU listed is for the CODBLOPS bundle? That's exceptionally good if it is.

It's the SKU for the regular, but it rings up for either. So provided the cashier is mentally challenged, you should be able to do it. I'm trying it tonight.

Azwethinkweiz said:
It's the SKU for the regular, but it rings up for either. So provided the cashier is mentally challenged, you should be able to do it. I'm trying it tonight.
QFT, there are multiple success stories on the boards over at CAG of those getting the GC on the BLOPS bundle.

Volimar

The Albatross said:
I wish that there were a real game called "COD BLOPS" and it featured giant blobs of fish falling from the sky.

It sounds more like a verb, like:

Codblop - To be molested my a spawn of Cthulhu.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
24FrameDaVinci said:
Alternatively, you could get the Blops bundle and a $100 GC at Best Buy.

http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/21/BBY_PS3Cpn_20110614.pdf

You can go farther with this. Albertsons has a buy $100 of gift cards (which includes best buy), get $20 coupon off next purchase at Albertsons. http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=215824&t=2995955

Then if you want to try your luck, you can price match the $60 gift card deal at Target or the 2 free game deal at Sears. Then use the $100 GC coupon. YMMV though but if it works, you can get just more than a $100 GC.

antonz said:
fuck that bestbuy deal is tempting me to go out and buy a PS3 right now

Do it, you won't regret it!

On topic, yes, it looks like $199 PS3 at Gamescom. Sony are definitely clearancing systems now to make way for a new console with a bigger HDD or a super slim (though it is likely we would have heard more about that through leaks).

I wonder how Nintendo and MS will respond to it, I hope 360 S gets a discount, my old box wants to retire!

fernoca

The disappointing thing is that the Best Buy coupon wasn't meant for everyone, so it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to stop honoring them if too many people start appearing with them. Heck, even one in Cheapass said he was turned down because it was printed in black & white.

So, those going to Best Buy; make sure that:
1. It's printed in full color just in case
2. Keep in mind that is not valid in Canada and Puerto Rico
3. The SKUs between the Black Ops (2576031) and the standalone (1237212) are different; and the coupon specifies SKU: 1237212.

So while it might work for some, it may not work to everyone; so don't get all angry at Best Buy employees if you're not that lucky. :p

Then again, Target was doing something similar recently I think, buy any Bluray and get a $100 credit towards the purchase of a PS3.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
fernoca said:
The disappointing thing is that the best Buy coupon wasn't meant for everyone, so it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to stop honoring them if too many people start appearing with them. Heck, even one in Cheapass said he was turned down because it was printed in black & white.

What do you mean it wasn't meant for everyone? The coupon is hosted from Best Buy.

Best Buy in general has shitty customer service. They say anything just to not honor their own deals and policies.

fernoca

Wario64 said:
What do you mean it wasn't meant for everyone? The coupon is hosted from Best Buy.

Best Buy in general has shitty customer service. They say anything just do they don't honor their own deals and policies.
Yep. From what some guy told me the coupon was only sent to some select Rewards-members (or something like that), kinda like the similar coupon from Gamestop from around a month ago was sent to some PowerUp-members. Yet the info ended been posted all over the net and some even trading coupons for money. :p

The difference is that one you pointed out, that it's hosted on their servers, so anyone with the link can just grab it (while Gamestop' were only limited to PowerUp; so only they could print/share them). In the end, doubt they mind since it's more sales and competitors did similar deals recently, but not every store has nice employees so luck may also play a part.

Cornbread78

Damn, Good deals.... I already got my Fatty and my Slim, so I'm good though for now, but will have to hit up the buy2 get 1 deal on some cheap trophy whoring games....

Averon said:
A $199 PS3 SKU this holiday is all but confirmed at this point.

Yep, my guess is U$199 for 250GB SKU, U$299 for Move bundle, U$299 for 500GB SKU announced at Gamescom.

EDIT:

zomgbbqftw said:
Do it, you won't regret it!

On topic, yes, it looks like $199 PS3 at Gamescom. Sony are definitely clearancing systems now to make way for a new console with a bigger HDD or a super slim (though it is likely we would have heard more about that through leaks).

I wonder how Nintendo and MS will respond to it, I hope 360 S gets a discount, my old box wants to retire!

Doubt the super slim is coming this year, if it comes, it will probably come next year with 22nm chips.

I also think the 360 will get a U$50 drop across all SKUs.

fernoca said:
The disappointing thing is that the Best Buy coupon wasn't meant for everyone, so it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to stop honoring them if too many people start appearing with them. Heck, even one in Cheapass said he was turned down because it was printed in black & white.

So, those going to Best Buy; make sure that:
1. It's printed in full color just in case
2. Keep in mind that is not valid in Canada and Puerto Rico
3. The SKUs between the Black Ops (2576031) and the standalone (1237212) are different; and the coupon specifies SKU: 1237212.

So while it might work for some, it may not work to everyone; so don't get all angry at Best Buy employees if you're not that lucky. :p

Then again, Target was doing something similar recently I think, buy any Bluray and get a $100 credit towards the purchase of a PS3.

I was actually one of the people they sent the coupon to, so if I get any flack from those punks I'll show them the email on my phone.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I was actually one of the people they sent the coupon to, so if I get any flack from those punks I'll show them the email on my phone.

yeah that will show those best buy punks!

antonz

Just got back from Best Buy. Brand new PS3 160GB Black Ops bundle bought without so much as a hassle. got my 100 dollar gift card etc

antonz said:
Just got back from Best Buy. Brand new PS3 160GB Black Ops bundle bought without so much as a hassle. got my 100 dollar gift card etc

Congrats dude. Check into PS3 GAF's multiple 'just got my PS3' for recommendations! It's a shame you missed the free games though. Infamous would have been a great intro to PS3 gaming!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
zomgbbqftw said:
Check into PS3 GAF's multiple 'just got my PS3' for recommendations!
That's not the GAF spirit.

5000+ "So I just got platform x and can't use the search function." threads per day minimum.

antonz

zomgbbqftw said:
Congrats dude. Check into PS3 GAF's multiple 'just got my PS3' for recommendations! It's a shame you missed the free games though. Infamous would have been a great intro to PS3 gaming!
Ive kept up with them even though I primaryily game on PC/Nintendo stuff. Just the right price I couldnt say no anymore. Now ill go in SUnday buy OOT3D etc with the Giftcard and be all set heh

Top Bottom