• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 NA Release Date January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

http://twitter.com/SquareEnixEmily/statuses/92978861385584641

Emily Shoji - Assistant PR Manager at Square Enix said:
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is slated for a January 2012 release for North America. Be excited!

EU release date %99.99 is going to be same.
Comic Con Press Release

SQUARE ENIX to Augment and Infest San Diego Comic-Con
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION and DEAD ISLAND Panels Headline this Year's Event for Square Enix
PR Newswire

LOS ANGELES, July 18, 2011

LOS ANGELES, July 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, has announced its lineup for San Diego Comic-Con, set to take place July 21-24.

Comic-Con attendees will be able to preview and play the following Square Enix titles:

DEAD ISLAND™ – In Deep Silver's hotly anticipated action title, the lush island paradise of Banoi truly is a holiday destination with everything – including a lethal zombie outbreak.

DEUS EX®: HUMAN REVOLUTION® – Eidos-Montreal brings back one of the most critically acclaimed franchises of all time with one of 2011's most highly anticipated games. Due out August 23, attendees can experience the multi-path, action RPG gameplay at the Square Enix booth.

FINAL FANTASY® XIII-2 – Serah and Noel are desperately seeking Lightning in the next installment from Square Enix's all-star production team.

WAKFU® – The latest role playing game from Ankama Studios (DOFUS) turned heads at this year's E3 show – now Comic-Con attendees get their chance to experience the world of WAKFU.

In addition to being able to get hands-on with the games, Comic-Con attendees will have the opportunity to gain a new perspective on both DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION and DEAD ISLAND. Two one-hour panels devoted to the games are available to attendees:

Thursday July 21, 11:00 am: The World of 2027 in DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION: Join Eidos-Montreal community manager Kyle Stallock as he moderates a discussion between Mary DeMarle (lead writer, Eidos-Montreal) and Will Rossellini (CEO, MicroTransponder). The two will discuss the vision and moral landscape of transhumanism in DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION and compare it to current scientific advances in the field of bio-mechanical augmentation. Extended footage from the game will make its world debut at this can't-miss session in room 5A. There will be a Q&A session following immediately after the panel.
Friday July 22, 7:30 pm: Find out what makes DEAD ISLAND's zombies tick as GamePro's science editor, Andrew Groen, joins Dead Island writer Haris Orkin, Harvard psychiatrist and author of The Zombie Autopsies, Dr. Steven C. Schlozman, author of The Zombie Survival Guide Max Brooks, and UC Berkeley's neuroscience expert Brad Voytek to explore the misunderstood monsters in a panel that will be anything but dead simple. Shuffle to Room 8 to pick their brains.

"We're thrilled to be previewing some of the hottest upcoming Square Enix titles at this year's San Diego Comic-con," said Mona Hamilton, vice president of marketing, Square Enix, Inc. "The Square Enix team is looking forward to engaging with some of our most informed and enthusiastic fans along with meeting some new ones."

San Diego Comic-Con will also mark the debut a total of five new DISSIDIA® and METAL GEAR SOLID® PEACE WALKER™ Play Arts -Kai- figurines – pricing and product details below.

Visit booth 3829 of the San Diego Convention Center for the full lineup of the latest Square Enix products.

Product Details:

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY PLAY ARTS -KAI-

CLOUD STRIFE / SQUALL LEONHART / JUDGE MAGISTER GABRANTH

MSRP: $49.99 each

Release: Summer 2011

METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER PLAY ARTS -KAI-

SNAKE (Battle Dress Ver.) / KAZUHIRA MILLER

MSRP: $49.99 each

Release: Summer 2011

About DEAD ISLAND:

Developer: Techland

Publisher: Deep Silver

Platform: Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 system, Windows PC

Genre: Zombie Action RPG

Players: 1-4 online cooperative

ESRB: M (Mature)

Ship Date: 2011 (NA)

*North America Distribution Only

About DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION:

Developer: Eidos-Montreal

Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.

Platforms: Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 system, Windows PC, Steam®, OnLive®

Genre: Action RPG
ESRB: M (Mature)

Ship Date: August 23, 2011 (NA)

About FINAL FANTASY XIII-2:

Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.

Platform: Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 system

Genre: RPG

ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)

Ship Date: January 2012 (NA)

About WAKFU:

Developer: Ankama

Platforms: Windows PC, Mac, Linux

Genre: Fantasy MMORPG

ESRB Rating: Not Rated by the ESRB

Ship Date: Open Beta Starting Summer 2011 (NA)

*North America Distribution Only

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
_dementia said:
I can barely contain myself. Good to see the timely localization though.

FFXIII could have been released in January 2010 too, since the localization was long done.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Isn't Tales of Graces f rumored to come out on January?

lol

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Earlier than what I expected. Gotta love the new Square Enix development speed!

HYPED! *.*

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
_dementia said:
That's what Amazon tells me, but it's probably a placeholder date.

I hope it's at least February.

If it's actually January, Namco really hates the Tales fans.

Foffy

Banned
ULTROS! said:

lol

I hope not. Namco can't be foolish to keep releasing Tales games against other, more popular titles forever...;__;

survivor

Banned
See Atlus, that's how you do localization with your high profile games.

January will be the month where the FF franchise is either dead to me, or will the best console JRPG of 2012.

Takao

Banned
Foffy said:
I hope not. Namco can't be foolish to keep releasing Tales games against other, more popular titles forever...;__;

It's tradition. They sent Tales of Graces on Wii like a week before Final Fantasy XIII came out on PS3 in Japan.

Kagari said:
FFXIII could have been released in January 2010 too, since the localization was long done.

I wonder if they aremoving around to try and avoid Mass Effect.

ME2 - Jan'10 -> FFXIII - Mar'10
ME3 - Mar'12 -> FFXIII-2 - Jan'12

KingDizzi

Banned
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!

1299813329080.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Die Squirrel Die said:
I wonder if they aremoving around to try and avoid Mass Effect.

ME2 - Jan'10 -> FFXIII - Mar'10
ME3 - Mar'12 -> FFXIII-2 - Jan'12

Personally, I'd love for ME3 and this to be in the same month. Would be fun to watch.

ULTROS!

Takao said:
It's tradition. They sent Tales of Graces on Wii like a week before Final Fantasy XIII came out on PS3 in Japan.

At this point, Versus XIII and localized Tales of Xillia simultaneous release will probably sound plausible.

I wonder how much content is in the game. Give SE's track record you'd think the game is 5 hours long given how fast its coming but maybe they finally got the hang of this game making stuff

ULTROS! said:

lol

It wouldn't be a FF launch without some smaller JRPG coming out at the same time. Resonance of Fate all over again. Come to think of it I never did pick that up, I should get too that

Lain

I love January, great month. This means in January there will be at least 1 good JRPG for me to buy. Great!

survivor said:
See Atlus, that's how you do localization with your high profile games.

January will be the month where the FF franchise is either dead to me, or will the best console JRPG of 2012.

Atlus? What's that got to do with anything?

SE are a much, much larger organisation than Atlus, with considerably more resources to brute force localisation.

survivor

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
Atlus? What's that got to do with anything?

SE are a much, much larger organisation than Atlus, with considerably more resources to brute force localisation.
I'm just mad at how long I need to wait for Devil Survivor 2.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I lost my 100+ hours save file for FFXIII, so couldn't platinum it. :( Anyway, must platinum it before this comes out. <3 <3

Jeels

Kagari said:
Skyrim would crush it. Skyrim might still do that!

I don't know, I think the bases of both titles (the first couple million) certainly cross over, but I think they are compliments more than they are substitutes. That is someone being hyped for one doesn't necessarily mean they won't purchase the other. If anything both are major titles. I think avoiding releases of other big RPGs is a strategy for series' like Tales. (which never seem to get it right).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom