• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamesCom Press Conference Dates And Details Announced (Sony, EA, NCSoft, Microsoft*)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
These are in German local time: http://www.vg247.com/2011/07/22/scee-confirms-gamescom-presser-for-august-16/

Dates And Times:

Tuesday, August 16:

-Microsoft Play Day – 12.30pm – 3.30pm
-EA Press Conference – 4.00pm – 5.00pm
-Sony Press Conference – 7.00pm – 8.00pm

Wednesday, August 17:

-NCSoft Press Conference – 9.15am – 10.00am

Details:

Sony:

It seems we're finally getting a lot more about the Vita.

VG247 said:
Expect this to be heavily Vita-focused, with worldwide dates – or at least, a European timeline – possibly announced. Press will also be allowed to try the handheld after the press conference has finished.

Also expect showings of Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 during the presser.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/07/22/scee-confirms-gamescom-presser-for-august-16/

EA:

EA will be showing off their normal line-up of games including the online featureset for SSX. I'd say that a Command & Conquer reboot unveiling is very likely, as that's supposed to be announced this year and Germany is PC land.

NCSoft:

NCSoft promises a major world exclusive at this event, as well as a giant presence for Guild Wars 2. I expect the announcement of either Carbine's game or Lineage 3, with Carbine's being far more likely as it's a Western event.

Microsoft:

As far as I can tell, this isn't an official press conference so much as them having a bunch of games set up. I imagine they'll announce something small at least however, probably in a press release.

VG247 said:
Not many other details were given, but it’ll feature “a preview of our 2011 show content and news.” So that means Gears of War 3, Forza 4, Halo Anniversary and Fable: The Journey, to name a few.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/07/20/microsoft-confirms-gamescom-play-day-event-for-august-16/

[Nintex]

Rare still has something to announce since Big Park is doing most of the work on Kinect Sports Season 2 but it might've been cancelled you can never tell.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey EA Battlefield 3 blowout or bust. OR BUST!

Moobabe

This will be my first gamescom as 'press' - can I just attend these with a press pass? Or do I need to organise something more.

Moobabe said:
This will be my first gamescom as 'press' - can I just attend these with a press pass? Or do I need to organise something more.

Ye id like to know this too. Im there from wednesday till saturday but id like to visit some press events ... just dunno if i can attend with a press pass or if i need a special invitation

Are these really ever just EU focused? I feel it would be odd if the Sony pressor was just Europe dates etc. Anyway, sounds awesome. Now I just need to figure out what time that is in US

Suzzopher

Dedication Through Light said:
Are these really ever just EU focused? I feel it would be odd if the Sony pressor was just Europe dates etc. Anyway, sounds awesome. Now I just need to figure out what time that is in US

They announced the PS3 Slim at Gamescom.

Elios83

Sony conference should be interesting with more Vita details, possible PS3 price cut + new SKUs announced and a few surprises (Quantic Dream new game? HR was announced at Gamescom).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Dedication Through Light said:
Well, dating the device regionally wouldn't be surprising, but yeah, the content is usually more global.

Moobabe said:

You can attend the show, but you won't get into any of the conferences since registration/invites for those are about to close today and tomorrow.

You can also wander around the business center, but without any meetings with the different press people the business center won't be much for you, since you won't see any games behind closed doors without talking to your local PR for the respective publishers/developers.

But you will get access to the public area a day before the public is let in, which gives you plenty of room to play some of the games there. It won't be WiiU stuff there, but there will be some cool stuff here and there.

For the Sony presser:

There will be hands-on with the Vita line-up, PS3 games and other stuff following the press conference. So expect some videos and impressions following the conference.

I just want to see Vita previews, OS functionality , Connectivity to PSN, concrete RAM details, account rules( are they going to add another 3 devices(Vita) on my account?) , etc.

I can also see Sony keeping more Details for TGS...OH and let the third parties show their games Sony. Hey Capcom make a darkstalkers for launch, come on Surprise me , you did it for PSP right?

French

Banned
Sony's E3 conference was really disappointing, so I hope this one will be better ...

Oh, and some third party Vita games would be cool too, because there's close to zero third party games announced right now.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I hope Sony announces at least one new game at Gamescom (last year it was Resistance 3 and Ratchet and Clank: All4one). I wonder what David Cage is doing right now.

madmaxx350 said:
I just want to see Vita previews, OS functionality , Connectivity to PSN, concrete RAM details, account rules( are they going to add another 3 devices(Vita) on my account?) , etc.

I can also see Sony keeping more Details for TGS...OH and let the third parties show their games Sony. Hey Capcom make a darkstalkers for launch, come on Surprise me , you did it for PSP right?

They will announce price, date and everything relevant. They will not save this stuff for TGS. Especially not if it is launching this year.

Damn, won't be able to attend this year.
Has there been any word if the conferences are available as a live stream this year?
The E3 coverage has pretty much spoiled me now in terms of expectations (not in terms of quality, just concerning the availability)

Moobabe

Vinterbird said:
You can attend the show, but you won't get into any of the conferences since registration/invites for those are about to close today and tomorrow.

You can also wander around the business center, but without any meetings with the different press people the business center won't be much for you, since you won't see any games behind closed doors without talking to your local PR for the respective publishers/developers.

But you will get access to the public area a day before the public is let in, which gives you plenty of room to play some of the games there. It won't be WiiU stuff there, but there will be some cool stuff here and there.

Ah ok. Now I know for next year at least :p

Moobabe said:
Ah ok. Now I know for next year at least :p

You should try to get ahold of your local PR representative for the different publishers. You might be getting some slots for some demonstrations (Microsoft is still filling out appointments, since they just asked me if I wanted to see some different games).

But the Sony and EA conference is closed off now sadly.

Moobabe

Vinterbird said:
You should try to get ahold of your local PR representative for the different publishers. You might be getting some slots for some demonstrations (Microsoft is still filling out appointments, since they just asked me if I wanted to see some different games).

But the Sony and EA conference is closed off now sadly.

I'm kind of new to all of this - how do I go about finding my closest PR people?

Vinterbird said:
They will announce price, date and everything relevant. They will not save this stuff for TGS. Especially not if it is launching this year.

Yea , but things like account rules that I mentioned in my post could be held back though, don't you think? I mean the presser can't be 1hr of Vita, right? Though I would love that.

DMeisterJ said:
Vita! Can't wait to find out the release date.
2011 in North America plz

I like your thinking sir

Moobabe said:
I'm kind of new to all of this - how do I go about finding my closest PR people?

Talk to the PR people you normally deal with when it comes to review/preview code, press events and so on. They will help you set up some appointments for you.

madmaxx350 said:
Yea , but things like account rules that I mentioned in my post could be held back though, don't you think? I mean the presser can't be 1hr of Vita, right? Though I would love that.

They won't touch such specific stuff as account management. It is a press conference, not a Q&A for the very hardcore gamer.

There will be people from blogs, newspapers and TV there. So Sony will not go into small details that don't matter to the general consumer. I can't imagine them ever discussing stuff like that during any kind of conference.

The stuff you're requesting will be revealed if someone asks it during an interview or the likes.

The conference itself will be very much focused on Vita (not the entire hour, since there is also PS3 stuff to deal with, but a 50/50 split is not out of the question), since it seems like it might launch here this year.

Are MS going to be showing off their new biggest feature, Bing search? I love Bing.

This post is brought to you by Michael Pachter, powered by Microsoft Bing

zomgbbqftw said:
Are MS going to be showing off their new biggest feature, Bing search? I love Bing.

This post is brought to you by Michael Pachter, powered by Microsoft Bing

MS will not have a conference.

Vinterbird said:
They won't touch such specific stuff as account management. It is a press conference, not a Q&A for the very hardcore gamer.

There will be people from blogs, newspapers and TV there. So Sony will not go into small details that don't matter to the general consumer. I can't imagine them ever discussing stuff like that during any kind of conference.

The stuff you're requesting will be revealed if someone asks it during an interview or the likes.

The conference itself will be very much focused on Vita (not the entire hour, since there is also PS3 stuff to deal with, but a 50/50 split is not out of the question), since it seems like it might launch here this year.

That sounds good, well if you are attending and they do have some sort of QA please do ask for us!!!!

FoxSpirit

Wow, I just found out I'd have the time to visit on the 18+19th, and travel plus tickets would just be €80. Hmmm, now for accomodation.

Anyone from KölnGAF wanna lend me a couch for single night??

madmaxx350 said:
That sounds good, well if you are attending and they do have some sort of QA please do ask for us!!!!

It's not in the schedule, so I doubt it:

Tuesday 16th August
11.00 – 15.00 Pre-Event Registration Session No. 2 @ Gurzenich Köln

17.00 Broadcast media access allowed for set-up
17.00 SCEE staff allowed access
17.30 Event / registration opens
17.30 – 18.40 Welcome reception; drinks and canapés
18.40 Conference room doors open; guests ushered to seats
19.00 – 20.00 Conference in session
20.00 ‘Celebration’ event; Vita sampling; DJ set
23.30 Event ends

Moobabe said:
Have we got a list of people who will be at Gamescom? Like indie devs etc?

The indies without a publisher you should just contact and ask, but indies that fall in under a publisher will probably be there. Had a great talk with the Magicka guys last year.

French said:
DONTNOD will announce their game at GamesCom, but I heard it might not be a PS3 exclusive after all.

I thought they signed a deal with Sony? Was that not true?

Vinterbird said:
It's not in the schedule, so I doubt it:

That sucks, I can't wait anyway, more Vita is always a good thing.I wonder if the unit production situation has changed since E3, I mean Tretton wasn't sure that Vita could get a WW launch but was sure at least one region would get it but signs seems to point that we actually might get a WW launch

Kafel

Banned
No MS conf again ?

48935_la.jpg

Top Bottom