• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aonuma: Majora's Mask 3D possible if "clamor from fans is there"!

Cygnus X-1

Thanks to artwalknoon for the tip.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/07/more-skyward-sword-aonuma-interview-details.html

Aonuma said:
After playing Ocarina of Time 3D, the next question that comes to mind is: Will we get a Majora's Mask remake next?

Would you like to play such a remake?

Well, Yes!

It's been 13 years since Ocarina of Time was originally released, and one of the big things that we made this remake possible was that there was an outpour of emotions from people who said they would like to see this game done. We said we could do it in 3D, so we did. I think certainly if there was a similar output of emotion and clamor from fans for a remake of Majora's Mask, it wouldn't be an utter impossibility.

Thinking on it now, having a handheld Majora's Mask where you could kind of just set things down on your own time - close it, set it aside and come back to it later - might be a game play element some fans will actually take to and might really appreciate. Especially considering how you really had to rush through the original game, in a sense.

Edited: Time to start operation Moonfall - Majora's Mask 3D edition!

Sapiens

Oy, we've all been down this road before with MM Legends 3.

When it inevitably does not happen, they'll blame us.

-KRS-

They HAVE to do a remake of MM. It's the sequel to OoT! And they have an engine for the 3DS now so they'd only have to improve it a little just like they did on the N64. The same team that did OoT3D can make the MM remake as well while Nintendo themselves work on the next handheld entry.

Cygnus X-1

Persona7 said:
Similar?

People actually wanted 3D Ocarina of time? I don't remember people asking for it.

They wanted to play MM more from the very beginning. At least here on GAF. I think The Wind Waker would come at 2nd place.

synt4x said:
They HAVE to do a remake of MM. It's the sequel to OoT! And they have an engine for the 3DS now so they'd only have to improve it a little just like they did on the N64. The same team that did OoT3D can make the MM remake as well while Nintendo themselves work on the next handheld entry.
This.

Not AS MUCH of a fan of MM as others here on gaf but I would like to play it again.

So... who's ass should we kiss for this to happen?
I don't care if it's hairy, smelly, or whatever. Majora's Mask 3D, and I'll sell a kidney to buy a 3DS.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Sammy Samusu said:
Another $40 port? No thank you.

If it's a full remake, I'm in!

The $40 port meme with Zelda is pretty insulting to the work put into it.

It IS a freakin' remake, with every texture replaced, models upgraded, music redone with clean samples... play mechanics updated, most screwed dungeon in the game fixed. And more. With an enhanced version of Master Quest as a bonus.

It's the best presentation of a classic game I personally have ever seen.

But there's this notion it's a port they recomplied over a weekend or something.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Insert clamor here.

300px-US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

Oh wait...that's a claymore.

sfried

"Hell Yeah!" and "In before people say that 3DS has nothing but ports and rehashes." will be my usual responses. More of the former.

I don't remember people asking for OOT to be remade before it was announced.

Is me buying OOT 3D enough clamoring or do I have to participate in some Twitter/Facebook campaign or Dev Room deal?

I would rather have them remake MM with TP graphics for extra creepyness.

Theonik

I'm a fan. I am clamouring.
Please Aonuma? Pretty please?
Even better could I beg for a WiiU remake? Would that be too much to ask?

This new fan pandering fad in the gaming industry is getting fucking annoying. Especially when they have little intention of following through (let alone a way to gauge clamor).

IoCaster

I'm not understanding why people would 'clamor' for a remake of an existing game. Wouldn't a sequel or spiritual successor be the better choice?

Forever

Banned
Do it, then make a brand new game for 3DS in the same style that finishes up the story of the Hero of Time. A Zelda trilogy.

It could be one of the greatest trilogies in gaming.

IoCaster said:
I'm not understanding why people would 'clamor' for a remake of an existing game. Wouldn't a sequel or spiritual successor be the better choice?
Were getting a sequel, it's called Skyward Sword. Grezzo did a good job on the Ocarina remake so I'd be very happy to let them do a Majora one as well.

IoCaster said:
Possibly. But I'd rather have a remake to my 2nd favourite game over a Phantom Hourglass.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Actually, I'm not sure why they even need clamoring. Sales and reviews of OOT 3DS should tell them enough about the need of a MM 3DS.

(I fully expect it.)

IoCaster said:

We don't need to clamor for Zelda sequels. We get plenty without clamoring.

HERE IT IS!!!

Seriously, Aonuma, I can send you pictures of my dick and you can put them on the internet freely. That's how much I want this game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Finally the ages old question regarding whether the MML series or Majora's Mask has more fans will be answered!
Please make it happen!

Edit: Majora's Mask = MM. Mega Man = MM

The Mega Man in question is Legends. LEGEND of Zelda.

I see a pattern here..!

Top Bottom