• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 America Wants YOU to vote for potential localizations your most excited for!

erragal

Takao said:
Ni No Kuni PS3 is going to get localized, as is Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. Voting for them is like a Square Enix poll asking which series fans would want a new iteration in:

1. Final Fantasy
2. Dragon Quest.
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Mana
5. Parasite Eve
6. Valkyrie Profile

And everyone votes FF, KH and DQ, because those games weren't going to get new iterations anyways.

I take it Last Remnant 2 is the Dark Cloud 3 of your fictional square poll? :/

I am genuinely curious why everyone is convinced Ni No Kuni PS3 is guarenteed a localization. Has there been any public mention of it? I know Ghibli has name recognition in the US...but most of the paranoid people here know how irrationally random Japanese devs can be when it comes to localizing games.

wrowa

NeoZylom said:
Oh well, Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Rogue Galaxy, DQ8 were all good.

So they made more good stuff than bad stuff on console (if you consider WKC being bad)
Out of your list only Dark Cloud 2 counts as a good game in my book.

eXistor

Voted Fantasy Life. Looks okay, but to be really honest none of these look especially good except for Ni No Kuni, but that's coming out anyway, so why would you vote that? I'm pretty sure this poll is meaningless though.

Hobbun said:
You and me both.

I just don’t like the whole idea of voting for one of them. Unless they would put an option for “all of the above”.
Yeah, it makes it seem like a competition thing when they should be bringing all the titles over :/

salromano said:
More people need to vote for Ninokuni PS3.

g8RzS.jpg

Look at it. It's friggin' gorgeous.

I voted for the DS version in hopes that we'd get this:

ninokuni3.jpg

The actual chances are about a billion to one, however.

Cornbread78

artwalknoon said:
Edit/Update: You can only vote once, clicking on more titles changes your vote each time...so basically now more people need to vote for fantasy life and time travelers for the 3ds.

Level 5 America's facebook page has a poll up asking you to vote for the game you (Americans I'm assuming) most want to see localized. I just voted for all of them, why not?
The games are:

-Ninokuni PS3

Early screens looks great! Hopefully we get this!!!

creid

I think it's funny how the current results reflect what the market buys in general:

1. Established franchises - 50% of the votes
2. Pretty graphics - 40% of the votes
3. Niche-y portable RPGs covering soccer, magic, unique art styles - 1% each

;_;

So sad that Inazuma Eleven is basically in last place, right up there with Cinderelife.

SykoTech

Takao said:
Ni No Kuni PS3 is going to get localized, as is Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. Voting for them is like a Square Enix poll asking which series fans would want a new iteration in:

1. Final Fantasy
2. Dragon Quest.
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Mana
5. Parasite Eve
6. Valkyrie Profile

And everyone votes FF, KH and DQ, because those games weren't going to get new iterations anyways.

Ni No Kuni is a new game though. I think it has a decent chance of coming over already, but comparing it to Square's huge and established franchises is hardly a fair comparison.

It fits for Layton/Phoenix though.

erragal

creid said:
I think it's funny how the current results reflect what the market buys in general:

;_;

So sad that Inazuma Eleven is basically in last place, right up there with Cinderelife.

I'd be extremely interested in Time Travelers, Fantasy Life and even Cinderella Story if they were console/PC releases. Don't own any of the portables...yet (PS Vita 3G is really compelling) and I only play at home. It's also unfair to lump Ni No Kuni in just with the pretty graphics crowd; it's a bit of an outlier considering the pedigree involved with the artistic aspects of the game.

There's really no hope for Inazuma Eleven in NA though; sorry to dash all your hopes.

erragal said:
There's really no hope for Inazuma Eleven in NA though; sorry to dash all your hopes.
I'd say there's a decent chance if only because it's already localized. If it misses DS because it's so late in the cycle, then I could see L5IA starting fresh with Go on 3DS.

Despera

Banned
Aeana said:
I'm most interested in Time Travelers even though we know nothing about it. Jiro Ishii is great.
Everyone should vote for Time Travelers. I'm still bummed they had to scrap Ushiro and move on to another project.

ShockingAlberto said:
If Layton vs. Phoenix Wright gets skipped for any reason whatsoever, I am personally murdering many of you.
Chill out ShockingAlberto, no need to get worked up over what will essentially be an official fanfic. I say that as an Ace Attorney fan. :\

The Little Battlers has 274 votes. At least it's beating Girl's Shitty RPG. :D

Tailzo

creid said:

;_;

Where did you put Ni No Kuni PS3 in all this? I'd argue that it is not in categoru numer 1, maybe in 2, and most of all in 3.

PokéKong

Hori shitto, I just want to drive home the point about this Ninokuni's soundtrack. How can you not want play an RPG where THIS is the general field music while you're just running around explorin':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISbVq8Z9dQM

It's like this game is everything I ever imagined RPGs would be like in the future while playing the SNES classics.

Huff

Banned
creid said:

;_;

At least we can import IE from Europe. Most of the other games will probably never leave japan

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
survivor said:
I'm happy the best game won but I'm sad by the number of people who voted for Inazuma Eleven. Should be higher.
I think everyone gave up hope on that series a long time ago.

survivor said:
I'm happy the best game won but I'm sad by the number of people who voted for Inazuma Eleven. Should be higher.

If you mean the DS one, then it's already in English. Would have been a wasted vote.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Takao said:
Must suck to know the game that got 2.38% of the votes will be getting localized first.

Deal with it.
You're pretty confident in The Little Battler's chances it seems.

Takao

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
You're pretty confident in The Little Battler's chances it seems.

Level-5 trademarked everything to do with the franchise for North America, and have already lined up a distributor for the anime series in the US. Of Level-5's 2 big media franchises, it's the infinitely more marketable one here.

Kyon

Banned
yeah the Little Battlers Anime is the only thing that is coming here Takao :p thats proabably what you meant

daoster

Takao said:
Must suck to know the game that got 2.38% of the votes will be getting localized first.

Deal with it.

I voted for Ninokuni for the PS3, but if the Little Battlers is getting localized...that's a win for me too!

Top Bottom