• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PSP confirmed this fall, 99 euros, no Wifi [Europe Only]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just confirmed in conference

axaDF.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5831405/sony-launching-a-new-wi+fi+less-psp-for-99-[update-europe-only]

Sony Launching a New Wi-Fi-less PSP for €99 [Update: Europe Only!]

Apparently unwilling to give up the older PSP platform despite launching the PS Vita successor next year, Sony has just announced a new regular PSP that doesn't use discs, but only supports downloads. [Update: I misheard the announcement. I'm hearing now the new model doesn't have Wi-Fi, which would certainly imply it doesn't have downloads. So it's UMD-based? So weird!]

Isn't that basically just the PSP Go, you ask? I don't know, either. Perhaps Sony is thinking there's good money in keeping an inexpensive PSP on the market to start selling the fairly deep back catalog.

More as we know it.

Update: Sony has confirmed to Kotaku that this new PSP model will be Europe-only.

Also, mono speaker confirmed

https://twitter.com/#!/GZ_Dave/status/103539899201880065
A lack of wi-fi isn't the only cutback on the new PSP. It also has a monaural speaker rather than stereo sound.

Don't know what to think of this. I can get a PSP almost for that price already... no Wi-Fi is a HUGE downer, though, for non-gaming purpouses.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Well the fall lineup looks great!

Wait nevermind.

Jsunu

Banned
I really like the look of the new PSP but fuck no WIFI... jesus christ.... It isn't like the WIFI was a huge cost factor to being with.

jediyoshi

Sho_Nuff82 said:
How do you get on PSN without Wifi? Multiplayer?

Maybe just USB it up for all your content?

Eh, if someone missed out on the PSP by now and isn't willing to go Vita, sounds fine to me.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
ultron87 said:
So would that mean there's no way to get on the Playstation Store with this?

That seems... dumb.
There's the PC Playstation Store. I'd assume you just use that.

Downloading stuff on the store via PSP is pretty terrible as it is anyways.

Zwei

naught interested.

Edit - how does Sony plan to make money if gamers can't conveniently access the PSN? lol

No wifi?

$99 would be the price you buy one for your kid to play Lego co-op games with but not if you can't play co-op!!

What a dumb move, is wifi really that expensive?

Anyway, Is that a new look? I kind of like it

PaulLFC

No Wifi? I... what? No Wifi... I can't believe they'd release it without Wifi. It must cost them a few euros at most to include it, but they needlessly limit access to PSN for some reason only Sony know...

Don

What is the point of no Wifi?

I would have considered getting it to replace my PSP 1000 but now I don't think so.

Top Bottom