• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii/WiiU, 2012) [Sub Fee Confirmed]

Kalnos

Banned
Well, at least Titan won't be on the Wii so it won't have any competition.
KuGsj.gif

I need more info. If there's a monthly fee I will meltdown promptly. If not, I'm pumped for this shit.

Holy fuck I was not expecting it to be an MMO. How the hell

They just extended the life of the Wii like five years

You people are overreacting. Nowhere did it say it was an MMO. It just said "online." It could be just a DQIX type game, except with online-co-op instead of just the local shit.

Sennorin said:
Someone hasn´t played Monster Hunter Tri.
Only thing MHTri does well is the lobby system but if you want to see good online on Wii look at black ops.

Have no clue how the mmo style will work though.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
MMO on any system would need its own servers and backend, at most it could tap into your friends list on top of its own stuff if it was on another system, give it a rest guys. Whatever you think of Nintendo's online service, or anyone else's is completely irrelevant if it's really an MMO and not something closer to Monster Hunter or whatever.

It's still a weird choice since MMOs are meant to last years and Wii is nearing its end, but whatever, if the game is successful (it will be) they could port it to any other system with cross platform play to keep it alive further.

Also, monthly fees? I hope there's a single player mode on top of that if so...

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Well then. No need for me to pick up a cheap revolution upon this games release in the west after all. What a shame -_-

Big One

Banned
This probably won't be a straight up MMO.

It'll probably be like each town is a HUB area with people in it. You join a party of other people and go out and are like the only people in the PvE area.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
1. lol @ people who think Wii games can't work online.
2. I hear PC a lot but my Japanese is terrible...a PC version would be great.

jjasper

an MMO on a console that will be dead by the time it comes out? At this rate the game is never coming out here.

ReiGun

So is it going to be like 9 or what? Someone who speaks Japanese/can open that liveblog, tell me! Or is everyone as confused as I am?

Top Bottom