• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Layton VS Ace Attorney Update Coming to TGS 2011

LiK

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/10/layton_ace_attorney_tgs/

The most intriguing (based off how many of you read our story on it!) game from last year's Level-5 Vision press conference was Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, a crossover title that's being developed by Level-5 and Capcom's Shu Takumi. But in the year since the announcement, we've heard nothing.

That will be changing next week at the Tokyo Game Show. Capcom is holding a stage event on the 16th from 13:40 to 14:10. In attendance will be Takumi, Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino and Capcom's Hironobu Takeshita. The content of the event will include development secrets behind Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, and new information about the game.

While the 16th is press only, the stage show will be repeated on the show's first public day, the 17th, from 12:30 to 13:00.

YES YES YES. I hope we get a release date too.

Thoraxes

God damn, you beat me by like 2 seconds to make this lol.
During that time, I was jumping up and down in excitement, fist-pumping into the air shouting "YES! YES! YES!"

I honestly think that this is my most anticipated game of all time. The Phoenix Wright series is probably my favorite in all of gaming, so this news just has me beyond elated.

LiK

Thoraxes said:
During that time, I was jumping up and down in excitement, fist-pumping into the air shouting "YES! YES! YES!"

I honestly think that this is my most anticipated game of all time. The Phoenix Wright series is probably my favorite in all of gaming, so this news just has me beyond elated.
My twin!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Cannot wait for this. I absolutely love Phoenix Wright, and I really like Layton. I'm so giddy just thinking about it. :)

lolez2matt said:
it will use the 2nd analog add on!!!

GOD NOT PLEASE!!
Lol, Layton makes heavy use of the touch screen. Also the case in Ace Attorney, but you can use the D-Pad and the button for most things.

GSR

Me gusta mucho, even though this means the AA5 rumor is pretty much dead in the water. I'm just wondering if we'll get an early peek via Famitsu or Nintendo's show.

qq more

Thoraxes said:

Hell yeah.

HIGH FIVE YO

Frost_Ace said:
I'm gonna fap so hard to this.

Me too.

Wonder If it ever gets distributed here in Holland. We got fucking 300 (!) copies of Gyakuten Kenji 2 in a country with 16 million people. Fuck that shit, publisher said it was because of piracy, but I don't believe a word of it. Let's hope 3DS isn't cracked to death with flash cards when this eventually comes out. Layton is pretty popular here though so it might have a chance.

If it's not getting distributed, Amazon it will be.

Sadist

StevePharma said:
Me too.

Wonder If it ever gets distributed here in Holland. We got fucking 300 (!) copies of Gyakuten Kenji 2 in a country with 16 million people. Fuck that shit, publisher said it was because of piracy, but I don't believe a word of it. Let's hope 3DS isn't cracked to death with flash cards when this eventually comes out.

If it's not getting distributed, Amazon it will be.
Don't you mean the first AA Investigations? And yes, Brizzamilla sucks.

Funny thing is, I picked up Investigations two months ago for € 10 @ Media Markt. Feels good man.

nickcv

capcom could release a console that only can play this and i'd buy it day 1!

now give us the second ace attorney investigation!!!!!

No way Nintendo's going to pass up localizing another Layton game, considering how much of a hit it's been for them.

In fact I'd love it if this game were a huge success in NA and Nintendo strong-armed Ace Attorney localization away from Capcom (who doesn't seem to have much interest anyway). It's not like NOA has a stellar track record with localizing games, but once they get on a series they seem to be pretty good - it's why every Dragon Quest game now is almost assured a localization.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Now that I'm way past the OMGTHISISAWESOMETHISCROSSOVERMYDREAMS initial reaction I'm very interested in getting gameplay details. I hope it isn't just a weaker version of both games awkwardly meshed together and they actually go all out with making something truly excellent.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yay. I've been waiting for an update for this game for a while... Very interested to see how this will play.

Please come to North America, at least.

Truth101

Banned
Aaron Strife said:
No way Nintendo's going to pass up localizing another Layton game, considering how much of a hit it's been for them.

In fact I'd love it if this game were a huge success in NA and Nintendo strong-armed Ace Attorney localization away from Capcom (who doesn't seem to have much interest anyway). It's not like NOA has a stellar track record with localizing games, but once they get on a series they seem to be pretty good - it's why every Dragon Quest game now is almost assured a localization.

Nintendo hasn't passed on localizing any Layton game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Whoa, I totally forgot about this game. Hope it'll be as good as the idea sounds.

Level-5 put up a poll asking what games people are most looking forward to, and not only was Layton vs. Ace Attorney on the list, but it won by a wide margin. It even beat regular Layton 5 and Ni no Kuni PS3.

I'd say chances of localization are high.

The main reason AAI2 didn't come, which I still don't agree with, is that getting DS shelf space for a new Ace Attorney game was an uphill battle that probably would not have paid off. Unless this game comes in 2017, I don't think that will be a huge problem this time around.

GSR

Fuu said:
Now that I'm way past the OMGTHISISAWESOMETHISCROSSOVERMYDREAMS initial reaction I'm very interested in getting gameplay details. I hope it isn't just a weaker version of both games awkwardly meshed together and they actually go all out with making something truly excellent.

One thing that interests me is the fact that in the Layton games, there's no such thing as a game over, while the threat of game over lends tension to the court scenes in AA (especially when the prosecutors start ramping up the penalties.) How can they reconcile that?

Thoraxes said:

brofist.jpg

Truth101 said:
Nintendo hasn't passed on localizing any Layton game.
Exactly, it's easy money.

There was some concern over whether they'd continue after the first one because of its moderate sales (at first), until they decided to roll out a new ad campaign for it like a year later and it took off.

I think Ace Attorney is more niche but could become a similar success story.

Oh hell yes. They should also announce the localized version and bring it out fast. I would import but I don't know Japanese. As we already know those games are about the story, which I love. Yay Level-5!

creid

My enjoyment really dropped off in AA4 and AAI, so I'm greatly looking forward to the return of Shu Takumi.

Though I really hated Ghost Trick

Top Bottom