• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 Subway Beta Sharing Thread: Subcharted Frontiers By Subway

Mikey Jr.

Alright, this comes from a user by AKyemeni on the Naughty Dog forums who e-mailed Subway regarding the Uncharted 3 multiplayer promotion. Naughty Dog have NOT confirmed this, nor is it on Subways site. I believe that this e-mail looks legitimate however, and I don't think the user would make it up.

So, as you may or may not know, during this past E3, Naughty Dog announced a promotion with Subway restaurants. If you buy a drink, you would get the FULL, I repeat, FULL competitive multiplayer. No 2 maps bullshit, or can only reach a certain level. It would be like you have the retail disc. (competive MP would be the only thing available, so no co-op? Not sure)

ALL STATS CARRY OVER TO RETAIL DISK

Anyways, here is the info I put in another thread.

Subway Promotion Info:

As you all know, U3 FULL multiplayer is going to be released a month prior to the release of the full game. So far the details have been scarce. Someone e-mailed Subway and got the details straight from the horses mouth. The e-mail is a little confusing. I'll simplify it.

-The multiplayer officially starts on September 29th at 12:00pm EST.
-The free multiplayer ends on November 13th at 12:00am EST.
-If you buy a drink, you will get the MP code. You have to redeem this code before November 1st to get the MP.
-If you buy a sandwich or some chips, you can get either a
  • Uncharted 3 Dynamic Theme
  • Fortune Hunter Bounty
  • Multiplayer Drake Character Skin
  • Multiplayer Weapon Skin
  • Virtual Costumes for PlayStation® Home

Below I will put the full e-mail. Thanks to AKyemeni from the ND forums.

The SUBWAY® Taste For Adventure Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game starts 9/29/11 at 12:00 P.M., ET and ends 11/13/11 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET. Below is a brief description of the GWP (Gifts With Purchase) access.

GWP Cup Code Description – (while supplies last)

*Cup Code Entry & Redemption Prior to 11/1/11: Voucher Passcode for early Access to the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Competitive Multiplayer Experience or choice of Voucher Passcode described below.
*Cup Code Entry After 10/31/11: Voucher Passcode allowing you to play DCUO on your PC at the Premium Level Free for 7 consecutive days, as more fully described above or choice of Voucher Passcode described below.

GWP Sandwich or Chip Code Description – (while supplies last)

*Voucher Passcode for an UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ dynamic theme
*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Fortune Hunter Bounty
*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Multiplayer Drake Character Skin
*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Multiplayer Weapon Skin
*Voucher Passcode for SUBWAY® Taste For Adventure Cup and SUBWAY® Sandwich virtual costumes for PlayStation® Home

Please be aware that in the event you are the Recipient of one (1) of
The Gifts, the use of this Gift requires a PS3™ system AND a valid PlayStation® Network account.

Hope this helps answer your question! Good luck.

Thank you,

Nalini Wilson
SFAFT Customer Service
Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust

Franchise World Headquarters LLC/Subway
325 Bic Drive
Milford, Connecticut 06461

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Nalini Wilson <wilson_n@subway.com> wrote:Hi Raaid, The SUBWAY® Taste For Adventure Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game starts 9/29/11 at 12:00 P.M., ET and ends 11/13/11 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET. Below is a brief description of the GWP (Gifts With Purchase) access. GWP Cup Code Description – (while supplies last) *Cup Code Entry & Redemption Prior to 11/1/11: Voucher Passcode for early Access to the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Competitive Multiplayer Experience or choice of Voucher Passcode described below.*Cup Code Entry After 10/31/11: Voucher Passcode allowing you to play DCUO on your PC at the Premium Level Free for 7 consecutive days, as more fully described above or choice of Voucher Passcode described below. GWP Sandwich or Chip Code Description – (while supplies last) *Voucher Passcode for an UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ dynamic theme*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Fortune Hunter Bounty*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Multiplayer Drake Character Skin*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Multiplayer Weapon Skin*Voucher Passcode for SUBWAY® Taste For Adventure Cup and SUBWAY® Sandwich virtual costumes for PlayStation® Home Please be aware that in the event you are the Recipient of one (1) ofThe Gifts, the use of this Gift requires a PS3™ system AND a valid PlayStation® Network account. Hope this helps answer your question! Good luck. Thank you, Nalini WilsonSFAFT Customer ServiceSubway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust Franchise World Headquarters LLC/Subway325 Bic DriveMilford, Connecticut 06461

Sorry if this doesn't deserve it's own thread. Feel free to lock.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This promo is awful. People get to level up and have a full advantage over most people for a full month!

They should just do a giveaway of the actual game

Kyoufu

Bumblebeetuna said:
Huh? The FULL MP a month before release? For just a drink at Subway? Wouldn't this kill some sales?

Don't think anyone is buying Uncharted 3 for the multi-player. Not saying the multi-player is bad, but that isn't why anyone is buying the game.

V_Ben

Banned
Man... somebody please get me a code, or maybe it'll be sharable. Such a cool idea for a promotion.

Jarmel

Banned
Wow promotions really are killing gaming. Now players who buy products before others can get a month headstart on everybody. Might as well just sell this shit straight.

Arucardo

Mikey Jr. said:
No joke, I will go to Subway and buy a few drinks and give the codes out to non-North Americans.
Awesome, I hope other US gaffers do the same :) . Unless they IP block people from outside of US playing it.

PS. I want one of those codes ;) .

TheExodu5

Banned
Wario64 said:
This promo is awful. People get to level up and have a full advantage over most people for a full month!

Wait...they're not even resetting the stats when the game launches?

jett

D-Member
Wario64 said:

Agreed, sux.

p.s. someone buy a soda for me plz!

Do the stats carry over?

Also, just buying a drink to get in the full MP sounds a little too simple. It looks like people can easily abuse it.

C_H_T

Mikey Jr. said:
No joke, I will go to Subway and buy a few drinks and give the codes out to non-North Americans.

It is possible to use a non American PSN account to play this (early) MP?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm expecting Nathan to eat a Subway sandwich at some point of the game. Infamous 2 had Subway stores and guess who had a promo for Infamous 2

Kyoufu said:
Don't think anyone is buying Uncharted 3 for the multi-player. Not saying the multi-player is bad, but that isn't why anyone is buying the game.
MP is 45% of the reason why I'm getting the game. :p

Mikey Jr.

All stats carry over to the retail disk.

Anyways, definitely going to buy a couple small drinks and give it away to Gaffers.

I suggest us NA guys do the same. Don't leave our international brothers and sisters in the dark.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TheExodu5 said:
Wait...they're not even resetting the stats when the game launches?
The promo is for early access to MP. Sure doesn't sound like they would reset...

Paches

pharmboy044 said:
Do the stats carry over?

Also, just buying a drink to get in the full MP sounds a little too simple. It looks like people can easily abuse it.

What is it people will be abusing? It's just a promotion to get people's foot in the door of Uncharted! Sounds like I might have to make a trip to my Subway in the near future.

btkadams

Mikey Jr. said:
DIBS!!!! i want one. and change that to non-americans because us canadians never get these subway contests.

C_H_T

Wario64 said:
I'm expecting Nathan to eat a Subway sandwich at some point of the game. Infamous 2 had Subway stores and guess who had a promo for Infamous 2

2011-06-15_200554-1.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
All stats carry over to the retail disk.

Anyways, definitely going to buy a couple small drinks and give it away to Gaffers.

I suggest us NA guys do the same. Don't leave our international brothers and sisters in the dark.

I'll take one too if you do this.

Mikey Jr.

btkadams said:
DIBS!!!! i want one. and change that to non-americans because us canadians never get these subway contests.

Lol, I'm Canadian too. If we don't get it, I'm fucked as well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They made the distinction of "competitive" vs "co-op" during the beta testing so this is almost certainly going to not include online co-op.

The Sony - Subway partnership is something I've always found a bit weird. There's definitely a clever ad to be had somewhere involving Fat Drake.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Buying a drink at Subway for a multiplayer code seems practically silly and also highly ineffective from a marketing perspective for all involved.

The_Monk

Wario64 said:

I agree 100% with this.

This is very disappointing.. =(

K701

Banned
Why are you guys complaining? You get the whole mp for a fucking drink. If it's a health issue just throw away the drink or give it to a homeless person. As for the month advantage... Really? What about people that buy it on Christmas or the like.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Wario64 said:
Within a week of the retail game being out, there will be thousands of people who will be higher-ranked than than 95% of the other players will ever be anyway. It's not really that big a deal.
Ensuring that a couple hundred people never buy the game is preferable to giving millions a people a taste and making them want it more (or at all)? Ho-kay.

Raine

K701 said:
Why are you guys complaining? You get the whole mp for a fucking drink. If it's a health issue just throw away the drink or give it to a homeless person. As for the month advantage... Really? What about people that buy it on Christmas or the like.
This. I'm sure people won't have a problem finding a code so I don't see why anyone would be at such a huge disadvantage.

Mikey Jr.

Wario64 said:

I'll be honest. I will be SHOCKED if this isn't game shareable, or there aren't codes by the thousands just given away by website/twitter/etc.

Top Bottom