• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There was a 1998 VHS Fire Emblem show/film released in the USA

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Shard said:
I owned it back in the day and can't remember any details, it was just that bland.

Oh, I wasn't expecting quality or anything like that -- I was just sort of surprised.

Toth

I have this one in my collection. It was pretty good for a two part anime. Shame it was only two episodes though as it was a very interesting series that still had not been released in English.

The Japanese voice of Marth used in Melee and Brawl originated from this.

Saw the first couple of episodes on Youtube out of curiosity. I wouldn't say it's terrible, just not spectacular. I'm surprised ADV didn't try releasing this on DVD after Melee came out (maybe redubbing Mars into Marth). Would've sold very well for them. The problem was they released this YEARS before when no one knew what the heck Fire Emblem was.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
English dub Marth/Mars = Shinji from Evangelion

For those who couldn't notice it at first.

Yeah, I saw it. It was eh.

Not really that surprising that it exists. There's an anime of plenty of stuff back in the day. There's even a Mario and Final Fantasy V one.

vazel

Banned
There was also a Panzer Dragoon VHS which I bought. Didn't get the Fire Emblem VHS since I didn't care about Fire Emblem back then.

Joe Molotov

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, I saw it. It was eh.

Not really that surprising that it exists. There's an anime of plenty of stuff back in the day. There's even a Mario and Final Fantasy V one.

Yeah, I remember Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals getting a US release in the wake of Final Fantasy VII's popularity. It was pretty dire.

The anime is actually very accurate if low budget. It is the most accurate game based anime or any game based media. It's practically word for word Fire Emblem.

Ezalc

I remember reading about this when I first got into FE. I didn't bother watching it because I knew it was probably going to be terrible :lol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching the first episode... And it's actually pretty good!

It came out in France and Italy too.

As far as anime goes its incomplete (it gets to chapter 3/25 of the game) but the main issue is its essentially a clone of The Heroic Legend of Arslan; which was also incomplete (the source material novels are too, its written by the person who did Legend of the Galactic Heroes). Both are expired as far as licenses go.

It does look quite nice for 1996 though. At least thats what I recalled...I forgot when the budget suddenly died...

DavidDayton said:
I didn't manage to make it through 13 minutes of that. Where is the Link cameo, exactly?
Quite clear

Top Bottom