• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

dejay

Banned
IT'S ALIVE! My body, and all that hangs from it, is ready.

Nice OP - not overblown. One criticism - the number plate on that car should have read 1NQB8

Also, second page successfully trolled - come on guys, don't fuck up the first few pages by responding to shit like that.

squared

nib95 said:
Awesome OP. Now one of you sell me your second hand Fanatec GT2 please. Surely some of you want a CSR or CSR Elite? :D

I have two.. :D Though the other one has a broken sensor of some sort, it starts, but won't calibrate itself :p

Doodis

Has there been any word specifically about how to join car clubs? Do you have to get an invite, is there one person in charge of accepting people into the club, etc.?

It seemed like m0dus mentioned he'd started a GAF one already. How do we go about joining? Just worried it'll be full by the time I get my game.

Jezbollah

GREAT job with the OT.

Looking forward to FM4, even though I am a little disappointed by the lack of newer tracks. I would have paid handsome bucks for Bathurst..

Anyway. Another 50+ hours down the drain, and hey I might go venturing online a little, even though I'm controller only..

G Rom

Just captured a video of the GT-One. Insane sound !! Nick Wiswell must have brought PGR4's samples in his luggage ! :lol

6217695591_6f665d1c56_o.jpg

So I just watched the quick look on Giant Bomb. I don't quite get the feats that pop up on the left side of the screen. Are they like challenges in CoD or is it rating you on how well you progressed through the turn/passed a player?

Doodis said:
Has there been any word specifically about how to join car clubs? Do you have to get an invite, is there one person in charge of accepting people into the club, etc.?

It seemed like m0dus mentioned he'd started a GAF one already. How do we go about joining? Just worried it'll be full by the time I get my game.
Gowans created it, m0dus is co-leader so he has the ability to send out invites. It's an invite you get in-game. Similar to Forza 3 where you hit LT in the menus to bring up your messages. Not sure what the limit is on how many members are allowed in a club though, there was no indication.

VindictiveGnome said:
So I just watched the quick look on Giant Bomb. I don't quite get the feats that pop up on the left side of the screen. Are they like challenges in CoD or is it rating you on how well you progressed through the turn/passed a player?
There are four feats you can do during races: Turn, Pass, Drift and Draft. With each feat, there are four levels on how the player is rated. The highest level will mean you made the perfect turn, pass, drift or draft. The game keeps stats of how many perfect feats you perform.

LQX

Liquidsnake said:
Do you guys jump online right away, or do you go through single payer, and build your collection of cars first?
I have played the Forza series mostly for the career. Outside of the Forza 3 auction house I did not invest much time into online.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
planar1280 said:
If i play with a wheel vs controller, on average what would you guys gain in terms of time gained playing the wheel or controller. I am seriously thinking of purchasing a wheel but I don;t know apart from immersion if I will gain a lot of time.

i actually tend to post better times with a pad, at least in fm3, but a wheel is infinitely more enjoyable. go for it

Wazzim

Banned
Liquidsnake said:
Do you guys jump online right away, or do you go through single payer, and build your collection of cars first?
Career, online is a bonus for when I'm bored of the career. :)

eso76

guys...you're NEVER seeing bigshots around

This took 10 FUCKING MINUTES TO RENDER.

This...well, as soon as i get the download link

WEGGLES

Sorry for ignorance....

6217752528_0713b9c19e_o.png

How many of these were in Forza 3?

I'm tempted to pick up a Forza, game and some of these would be nice (Rally and weather (should I just get Dirt 2/3 then?))

Xanadu

Banned
WEGGLES said:
Sorry for ignorance....

6217752528_0713b9c19e_o.png

How many of these were in Forza 3?

I'm tempted to pick up a Forza, game and some of these would be nice (Rally and weather (should I just get Dirt 2/3 then?))
just porsche

watership said:
Mclaren777 was banned? When did this happen?

Believe he said something fairly distasteful in the Steve Jobs memorial thread. Steve Jobs drove Mercedes sports cars and not Ferraris, so I don't know why.

watership said:
Mclaren777 was banned? When did this happen?

My guess would be shortly after a Forza or GT thread was posted haha! But he isn't a bad guy, not sure why he got banned.

But seriously, can't wait! My girlfriend knows that I won't be available for the next few months.

Winter is coming ... and with it, my Rival's defeat.

Gowans

skyfinch said:
Thanks. How many members are there at the moment?
The club has 8 members at the mo and 12 cars in the garage.

A feature I think gets massively overlooking in Forza is the ability to follow people & friends + club leaderboard acts as a awesome friends list extension.

AMUSIX

So I waited until today to have my copies sent to me...and now is the only time I'm regretting it. Damn OP is making me want to play tonight...but now I have to wait.

I'm still a bit disappointed by the lackluster environment list (and the horrendous changes they did to some of the existing ones) but hopefully we'll see a new track or two offered in DLC.

I was able to get a copy early, but I cannot play online or get people in trouble. So I have been just rocking the SP with my ethernet cable removed. By the time Monday night hits, I should have plenty of nice cars to share with the Gaf Car Club.

Btw, the E34 M5 is amazing and the sound is incredible.

nagge

Gowans007 said:

A feature I think gets massively overlooking in Forza is the ability to follow people & friends + club leaderboard acts as a awesome friends list extension.

How does the car sharing work, can a car be used by more than one member at a time? Can it be upgraded/tuned by anyone?

Gowans007 said:

Is there a way to ensure lurkers aren't joining our train?

Stare_Dad_by_staredadplz.jpg

Giard said:
Wait wait. A guy told me in the other topic that it only gave you a car in Forza 3. Was he wrong?

look closer. you get the car in 3....but it transfers over to 4 with the rest of your import stuff.

Giard

AlanzTalon said:
look closer. you get the car in 3....but it transfers over to 4 with the rest of your import stuff.

Yes, and the quote mentions 2 other cars you get in Forza 4. I was asking about those, are they directly in Forza 4 or do you have to transfer them as well?

Shortt Sirket said:
I was able to get a copy early, but I cannot play online or get people in trouble. So I have been just rocking the SP with my ethernet cable removed. By the time Monday night hits, I should have plenty of nice cars to share with the Gaf Car Club.

Btw, the E34 M5 is amazing and the sound is incredible.

Do you find you race better with the in car cam?

AEREC

Everytime a Forza game has been released this generation I get extremely hyped about it but then I am completely let down when I purchase it for some reason.

I got to say though that this one does look good and Im interested in that new wireless wheel as well.

Liquidsnake said:
Do you find you race better with the in car cam?

It is really all I use. The sound is slightly muffled (of course), but I really like the new cockpit view. I honestly thought it would be too far back, but it is actually perfect. Plus the Speed Wheel just works so well in that view.

The only thing that sucks is having to switch between the SW and the controller for tuning and such. I really wish they would just let you use the second controller to navigate the menus and such.

Xanadu

Banned
AEREC said:
Everytime a Forza game has been released this generation I get extremely hyped about it but then I am completely let down when I purchase it for some reason.

I got to say though that this one does look good and Im interested in that new wireless wheel as well.
same for me on forza 3, but with the new physics i shouldn't be dissapointed

sneaky77

Giard said:
Yes, and the quote mentions 2 other cars you get in Forza 4. I was asking about those, are they directly in Forza 4 or do you have to transfer them as well?

everything that unlocks, unlocks in Forza4, they don't actually transfer the car from 3. They just unlock the same car on your Forza 4 garage

Wazzim

Banned
CrudeDiatribe said:
Believe he said something fairly distasteful in the Steve Jobs memorial thread. Steve Jobs drove Mercedes sports cars and not Ferraris, so I don't know why.
He got banned just before the GT release too, pretty sad because I love to hear his opinion and stuff :(

Gowans

nagge said:
How does the car sharing work, can a car be used by more than one member at a time? Can it be upgraded/tuned by anyone?
Its another garage option in your car choices that anyone can use at the same time. I believe anyone can edit/tinker with them then sync it but you own it and have the master.

That's what I think anyway.

DivineRage002 said:
A list should be added in the OP to list the members of the GAF club, so I know who to contact if I want to join.

This would be a good idea. Or a link to the list on googledocs or something.

Gowans

soundscream said:
Is there a way to ensure lurkers aren't joining our train?

Stare_Dad_by_staredadplz.jpg
Haha yeah, I think there is two options, change the groups settings or every member needs to be approved. At the mo me and m0dus can approve and boot.

Top Bottom