• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geoffkeighley: Played 4 big fall games, one is a little disappointing so far [Reveal]

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Update 2:

Correct AC: Rev was the game that disappointed relative to expectations.
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33168870&postcount=479

Original:

http://www.twitter.com/#!/geoffkeighley

Played 4 big fall games this weekend -- loving most, although one is a little disappointing so far. Still, amazing month ahead for gamers!

Oh gawd which one is it? WHICH ONE?!

Update:

geoffmk said:
It's difficult to say much when you are beholden to embargoes. But remember I said I was disappointed in one game, that doesn't mean it's a BOMB. All relative to your expectations. Was everyone really thinking every game this fall would meet or exceed expectations?
geoffmk said:
Also thread title is a little misleading I said 'Played 4 big fall games' and 'Playing THE 4 big fall games.' Honestly there are probably 6+ BIG fall games still to come.

JeTmAn81

What are the 4? It seems like Batman, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Skyrim and Uncharted are the biggest, but that's 5.

Busaiku

Ok, so that's Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, and Uncharted 3.
I'm guessing Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3.

Yen

JeTmAn81 said:
What are the 4? It seems like Batman, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Skyrim and Uncharted are the biggest, but that's 5.
And Skyward Sword. But that can't be disappointing, right?!

Goldmund

How could any of the games coming into question possibly be disappointing, if the man was able to show physical enthusiasm about Star Wars Kinect?

Emitan

This is when I realize the 4 big fall games doesn't mean Rayman, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and SWTOR.

regs

im going with mw3 being the meh game. I don't plan on buying it, it's starting to get to WW2 level shooter status. The yearly releases sure killed it fast.

If skyrim isn't good I will be SHOCKED lol

LiK

JeTmAn81 said:
Definitely not Batman, he loved it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
JeTmAn81 said:
Uncharted is not in the big 4. I would put Revelations over that just for hype and sales.

balladofwindfishes said:
then I ignore this guy's opinion.

How is Zelda not a major game release lol

Because it's on a console that's on its way out, and the crowd that would buy it have been so starved for games that a lot of them sold theirs. The majority of the crowd that still owns that system doesn't give a shit about it.

Grinchy

Banned
I hope it's not Skyrim. Dark Souls is so rich that I feel like I won't enjoy Skyrim as much as I could have. I'm really hoping I'm wrong.

Enkidu

If he's playing the single player then it will be Battlefield for sure. However, saying it is disappointing sort of suggests you were expecting something good in the first place, which doesn't really make sense with the campaign for BF3.

zoner said:
Uncharted is not in the big 4. I would put Revelations over that just for hype and sales.

I'd imagine that it is in the big 4 considering that Keighley constantly mentioned how much he was looking forward to it.

DaBuddaDa

Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Batman and Skyrim. Gotta guess Battlefield 3 is the one that's disappointing after hearing bad things about its single player.

Goldmund

Grinchy said:
I hope it's not Skyrim. Dark Souls is so rich that I feel like I won't enjoy Skyrim as much as I could have. I'm really hoping I'm wrong.
You, too, will need your fix of wooden faces asking to be beat.

Does anyone really value geoff's opinion? He doesn't really seem like the type to be really into games and always appears as more of a Ryan Seacrest-esque talking head.

Top Bottom