• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN rushes through PJSideScroller, lies, is called out, removes part of review

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Read this! Summary of the events by Kazerei.

-------

Posted by kassatsu on the PJ SideScroller OT:

kassatsu said:
Also IGN posted a review 6.5

Dylan called them out on twitter saying they rushed through on casual and they removed part of the review.

IGN = a fucking class act.

lolign.jpg

lolign2.jpg

stealthedit.png

Edit: Daemon's answer:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/daemon-ign/2011/10/26/concerning-my-pixeljunk-sidescroller-review/

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
That's pretty embarrassing for Daemon, now the game is stuck with a 6.5 from ign because he didn't play through the game properly and tried to cover it up, very poor show indeed.

Shurs

At least they removed the false part, though there should an explanation as to what happened at the end of the review.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Gravijah said:
you guys realize this probably happens with like 90% of game reviews, right? so depressing.
What usually doesn't happen is the guy straight up lying through his teeth about what difficulty he played on.

Gravijah said:
you guys realize this probably happens with like 90% of game reviews, right? so depressing.

Eurogamer was busted for something similar a few years ago

When we read the hostile review by Ed Zitron, one thing became apparent: he had not played the game at all. Eurogamer readers and Darkfall players are posting bullet lists of factual errors in the story. The reviewer hadn't even figured out the very basics of the game before he wrote about it. We checked the logs for the 2 accounts we gave Eurogamer and we found that one of them had around 3 minutes playtime, and the other had less than 2 hours spread out in 13 sessions. Most of these 2 hours were spent in the character creator since during almost every one of the logins the reviewer spent the time creating a new character. The rest of the time was apparently spent taking the low-res screenshots that accompanied the article. At no point did this reviewer spend more than a few minutes online at a time.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=185060

Vamphuntr

I think many reviewers are like that, unfortunately. Sometimes they have a lot of games to play so they rush through the game or simply do not beat it from start to finish. Sad but I'm not suprised by IGN. No one remembers the Joystiq Nier review?

There is one reviewer that posts here in particular that I won't mention that never got to beat the last chapter in MGS Peace Walker (the chapter after the first credits roll). In fact he thought the game only had 4 acts while it has 5.

lowrider007 said:
That's pretty embarrassing for Daemon, now the game is stuck with a 6.5 from ign because he didn't play through the game properly and tried to cover it up, very poor show indeed.
That's what's so horrible about this. The weight that an IGN score carries in the gaming community is devastating to a game like this. :(

Ugh - so unprofessional. The writer should be fired on the spot.

Oli

It's funny of all games that didn't get a full view, it's the one that's apparently 10 minutes long.

How can people put a game on casual/easy difficulty then review it. I know this time of year there are tons of titles to review but that still seems unacceptable. Then again, I don't read reviews for the most part so I'm not their audience.

Cipherr

I can understand them doing it on an easy difficulty considering the number of games they have to try and play through.

However, just dont lie about the shit. I mean cmon man. Jesus.

Top Bottom