• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(RUMOR) EBGames Canada: New 3DS/DS games shown inside in-store database (MonHun 4)

From the database that leaked Sonic Generations 3DS and Rayman Origins Wii and 3DS back in May I think it was.

So I asked for another printout of their schedule, and this is their in-store database, not their website.

The info is as follows:

Release Date – Description – Price – SKU

05/01/12 – MONSTER HUNTER 4 3DS - 39.99 – 704270
12/31/11 – PROFESSOR LAYTON:MIRACLE 3DS - 44.99 - 702402
02/01/12 – TIME CRISIS 3DS – 39.99 – 702416
02/14/12 – SHIN MEG T:DEVIL SURVIVOR 2 DS – 29.99 – 703286

I asked if they could somehow pull up the page of PL to see if a publisher could be shown, but they couldn't, so seemingly if they had that info, it'd be on the list. I assume it's Nintendo anyway.

To note; Time Crisis was listed before in that last report:

06/1/11 - TIME CRISIS 3DS - 3DS - 39.99 - 7031248

So who knows.

Well, take what you will, the other previously mentioned games from last time otherwise proved to be correct, so we'll see. :)

I can provide scans of the list, very likely tomorrow because my own isn't working...

GSR

Layton we've known about since E3 2010, but the rest are nice if they turn out to be legit.

Takao said:
$45 for Layton?

Screw you EB Games.

502423d1314580200-rolex-pricing-themselves-out-business-rent-too-damn-high.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm pretty interested in seeing this Time Crisis 3DS, right now :p

fernoca

Takao said:
$45 for Layton?

Screw you EB Games.
EB Games Canada. Some of the games (Pilotwings, Steel Diver, etc.) launch at $44.99. Either the prices are lowered later at release...or stay the same.

chickdigger802 said:
layton for 3ds this year? Sounds a bit early no?
12/31/11 is sometimes the "tentave date" EB/Gamestop put on their releases for games they don't have final dates yet.

Layton 3DS is a 2012 release in US at least, since the DS game was just released a few weeks ago.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
chickdigger802 said:
layton for 3ds this year? Sounds a bit early no?

MonHun tri sounds more likely. Probably a typo.
I'm pretty sure they intended to put Monster Hunter 4 in there.

Retailers put in a lot of games in their databases even if they're not announced so they can take pre-orders instantly if they ever do get announced.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
frequency said:
Why is Layton $45? :(
I hope this isn't a trend of Square-Enix tax on Nintendo published games.
Because the Canadian dollar sucks right now.

Real answer: Actually, even during the time the dollar was above or equal to the US dollar, we were still paying lots of money for games. They launch at that price here.

BY2K

Membero Americo
fernoca said:
EB Games Canada. Some of the games (Pilotwings, Steel Diver, etc.) launch at $44.99. Either the prices are lowered later at release...or stay the same.

Oh yeah, I remember that Street Fighter was 44.99.

Takao

Banned
fernoca said:

I live in Canada, I know the procedure. Doesn't make it any less stupid.

zoner said:
Not set by them

You sure? Because I've seen other retailers not charge $5 extra on games when EB Games will.

Dark Schala said:
Because the Canadian dollar sucks right now.

Real answer: Actually, even during the time the dollar was above or equal to the US dollar, we were still paying lots of money for games. They launch at that price here.
We are actually above the US dollar right now. But prices in Canada almost always suck no matter how strong our dollar is, it's ridiculous.

Thankfully no one knowledgeable actually shops at EB Games Canada.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Gunloc said:
We are actually above the US dollar right now. But prices in Canada almost always suck no matter how strong out dollar is, it's ridiculous.

Not all games are sold 5$ more, you know.

That extra $5 is exclusive to EB Games, it has nothing to do with the dollar value. Best Buy, Futureshop, Wal-Mart all sell the 3DS games for $39.99 or less. I'm pretty sure Pilotwings was $34.89 or something at walmart at launch.

I'm glad EB Games is there, but it sucks that they'll tack on extra cost to newer games.

GSR

Hero of Legend said:
You sure it was the 3DS one that was confirmed?

Yeah, it was an early build of the game (it still used 2D art for the characters rather than the 3D models it used in the final game) but it was there in English. We just got the last DS one first.

Monster hunter 4 scheduled January 2012?!
No way, 3G will be out in only a few weeks in Japan and that's the one we should be looking foward to, at least for now.
Maybe they may show something of MH4 at 2012 E3, but anyway by then NA and EU most probably may be still waiting for a 3G localisation.

As for the others, Shin megami tensei has not even been announced so far AFAK, so how can it possibly be out in a couple months in Canada? Quite unlikely...

Sorry but it doesn't appear like a reliable source.

BY2K said:
Not all games are sold 5$ more, you know.
But a lot are, and add to that the already opened "new" copies, and the constant harping on up-charges, I have no interest in ever shopping there unless they have some sort of exclusive pre-order bonus.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yep, the 5$ jump, and the slow, slow fluctuation to reflect game price drops is the premium you pay for the privilege to be served by an EBGames employee.

Takao

Banned
Gianni Merryman said:
Monster hunter 4 scheduled January 2012?!
No way, 3G will be out in only a few weeks in Japan and that's the one we should be looking foward to, at least for now.
Maybe they may show something of MH4 at 2012 E3, but anyway by then NA and EU most probably may be still waiting for a 3G localisation.
As for the others, Shin megami tensei has not even been announced so far AFAK, so how can it possibly be out in a couple months in Canada.

Sorry but it doesn't appear like a reliable source.

Monster Hunter 4 is set for May 1, 2012 not January 1... Not going to be released in May anyways.

As for SMT: DS, DS2 was released in Japan on the ... Nintendo DS last month. The listing is for the DS game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Gunloc said:
We are actually above the US dollar right now. But prices in Canada almost always suck no matter how strong out dollar is, it's ridiculous.

We are now? Not bad. I was waiting to import a few things, so this is good news. I still might wait a little bit. Speaking of the dollar discrepancy, I really dislike the games that launch at $70, like, for example, Mortal Kombat. :/

In some cases (like when Amazon.ca is taking their time to get some items), I do go to EB Games Canada. They really do sell a little pricier than other retailers, but the one I go to isn't too bad since the clerks seem nice and knowledgeable. Best Buy, Future Shop and Wal-Mart (and sometimes even Superstore and Zellers if they have some stuff on sale) seem like the better places to buy more of the less niche titles since they sell a little cheaper, however.

frequency

I like EB Games. The people there are always nice to me. Plus they're the only ones that carry really niche games, which is what I'm mainly into.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Cipherr said:
A mother freaking Time Crisis? Im trying to imagine.... what the

If they do it, they should make it an AR (augmented reality) title.

That would be kind of cool.

frequency said:
I like EB Games. The people there are always nice to me. Plus they're the only ones that carry really niche games, which is what I'm mainly into.
I'm a huge niche gamer too, but thankfully I have a couple of local mom & pop shops that handily cater to that need. Amazon & videogamesplus make up for the rest.

I really try to avoid EB Games whenever possible. I don't like rewarding their somewhat shifty business practices.

Takao said:
Monster Hunter 4 is set for May 1, 2012 not January 1...

I stand corrected, I am not much accustumed to MM/DD/YYYY date format.

Not going to be released in May anyways.

Exactly, I regret to say.

As for SMT: DS, DS2 was released in Japan on the ... Nintendo DS last month. The listing is for the DS game.

Ah, right, by the way a late Shin Megami Tensei DS localization doesn't make much sense to me, as I reckon 3DS is going to take over by early 2012 in west to the detriment of DS, as already happened in Japan.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Monster Hunter 4 won't be out in the west until 2013. 2012 will belong to Tri G.

i'd go one further - depends on how the 3DS user base is. If the user base isn't booming they'll push it back, if there's a better platform option they may even consider switching elsewhere (a la PS3 reveal-->Wii for Tri)

I'm pretty sure that they'll have a get out clause (claws?) just in case the 3DS starts coughing blood

dacuk

Maybe a silly question, guys, seeing as a GAFfer asked if the hypothetical Time Crisis 3DS could be like the iOS one...

How feasible would be to port iOS games to 3DS? (I do not have an iPod/Phone/Pad)
Could publishers use the upgraded eShop to sell those possible ports for 3DS?

Edit:
I was cleared of my Junior status. Thanks to the mod that exerted justice on me!

Boney

Banned
DCharlie said:
i'd go one further - depends on how the 3DS user base is. If the user base isn't booming they'll push it back, if there's a better platform option they may even consider switching elsewhere (a la PS3 reveal-->Wii for Tri)

I'm pretty sure that they'll have a get out clause (claws?) just in case the 3DS starts coughing blood
would you mind giving me a ballpark on this aproximations?

DCharlie said:

No, MH4 just plain won't get finished for a May 2012 release, much less one in the US. The trailer shown before TGS was still in an extremely prototype stage.

BladeoftheImmortal said:
lol, i doubt either make it over here unless it's Ninty publishing.
Nintendo will probably distribute in Europe again. No reason Capcom won't publish though, they're not PSP games or anything.

Boney

Banned
BladeoftheImmortal said:
lol, i doubt either make it over here unless it's Ninty publishing.
why, it did respectable numbers on wii, P3rd not being published is a different story altogether.

soultron

Banned
TIME CRISIS 3DS? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.

At my time working at EB games, I saw a tonne of games -- that never came to be or never even reached ESRB cert -- listed in the system. I wouldn't get excited until official word.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
would you mind giving me a ballpark on this aproximations?

i'm sure for the next numbered (now Portable by default) MH then they'd want to at least be around the same level of PSP sales - give or take.

Let's say .... 2.5m total, selling over a year or so ? I'd guess you'd need a fair sell through of hardware in Japan for that, but seems things are picking up.

Other thing is that 3DS games are starting to hit the 6080yen bracket (i'm looking at you Slime Mori Mori, Monster Hunter TriG...) so perhaps they'll make more cash on less sales.

I'm more nodding at a situation of Japan 3DS sales completely stagnating again after Mario/Mario Kart/etc - which i don't see happening. Then again, i didn't see the PS3 hitting the skids in Japan either and we saw how that turned out (and where MH moved to in that case :/ )

No, MH4 just plain won't get finished for a May 2012 release, much less one in the US. The trailer shown before TGS was still in an extremely prototype stage.

well, i'm personally not expecting MH4 in -JAPAN- until around Aug-Sep next year. It really depends what they do with the game. I, for one, was a bit concerned with what we saw in the trailer (i think i'm alone on this one!) as it seems pretty far from what makes MH the game it is. All depends - they could be sprucing up that Tri engine for 4 as we speak and it's just a case of monster development, new weapons, balancing etc. I don't expect them to reinvent the wheel regardless of what they showed in the trailer.

Anyways, back to the point, they -know- it's going to sell , but if it IS finished they'd likely pad it out. Like you say, no chance of May 2012 in america i'd have thought.

Top Bottom