• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playing MW3 early may result in a temp MP ban until release day (X360)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FKiFU.jpg

If you got the game early, it's cool man, you can play online just fi....

G1YxQ.jpg

oh wait j/k lol you can get banned

wut

Eusis

Really hope Microsoft/Sony don't actually bow down to that kind of bullshit, or at least it was just one exec who doesn't know that companies never prosecuted legit early copies before. It'd set a terrible precedent if they really did crack down.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I got MW2 early last year and had fun. I'll be doing it again this year and I'll sue if I get banned.

;)

alphaNoid

Banned
I guy who sits next to me got handed a copy today free. He has connections to activision-bliz, good connections. I'll tell him to hold off playing for now, if he isn't playing right now lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You can be banned for playing a game you purchased? That's fucking stupid.

Yagharek

This is a pretty low move if true. It's not like you are breaking any ToS on the XBL service.

You aren't pirating the game, you arent cheating, you didnt steal it - you just lucked out and got the game before official launch. If anyone gets banned for that, they should get in touch with the BBB and whatever local sensationalist media exists in your city, because the exposure of this game will be pretty high.

thetrin said:
You can be banned for playing a game you purchased? That's fucking stupid.

I hear you. I get games early by accident shipped to me from time to time.

It doesn't happen very often, but why should I be penalize for it?

Eusis

If EXP/Leaderboards are a concern they can (and HAVE) reset it on Day 1 anyway. If they were clever enough in advance they could probably also pull something like Dark Souls did and have unreasonable AI opponents come in and wreck early multiplayer games too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I guess it's just banning you from the game until the release date (if this screen is real)

Ce9aR.png

Eusis

Guess the truth is in between afterall: You'll get banned from playing MW3 online... until it comes out. Don't mind that much then!

Yagharek

Raitosaito said:
I hear you. I get games early by accident shipped to me from time to time.

It doesn't happen very often, but why should I be penalize for it?

Exactly. Ive ordered online from stores that ship so you can get on release day. I live on the opposite end of Australia to said store, and on a few occasions Ive gotten big name games two days before release due to an unusually efficient postal service.

Orayn

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
If you manage to get your hands on an early copy you should be rewarded for being resourceful not punished.
One might consider that early copies also have a fair chance of being acquired illegally.

MacBosse

JWong said:
They should just have god mode employees go in destroying their lives.

Haha, that kind of bans would be great.

Ban suggestion 1: You only get to shot blanks
Ban suggestion 2: The reticule is 2 inches of center
Ban suggestion 3: You're slowly rotating clockwise, all the time

MacBosse said:
Haha, that kind of bans would be great.

Ban suggestion 1: You only get to shot blanks
Ban suggestion 2: The reticule is 2 inches of center
Ban suggestion 3: You're slowly rotating clockwise, all the time

oh yeah ala Dark Souls : if you go online, you get crush by almighty AI

Orayn

UnluckyKate said:
oh yeah ala Dark Souls : if you go online, you get crush by almighty AI
Dark Souls had actual From Software employees running amok with maxed out characters.

*shrugs* You don't let marathon runners start early just because they arrived two hours ahead... I'm sure it's the same for multiplayer. Just unplug the system and play single player or Spec Ops.

Eusis

Guys: Going by that picture it's a temporary multiplayer ban. I'd hope you could still play the singleplayer even when connected to XBL/PSN, plus there's the logic that keeping people from playing online kills any advantage they can have over normal day 1 customers, given they would have no map familiarity or how well weapons work for multiplayer.

GavinGT said:
They have approved access lists for these types of things.

Yeah but RP usually suck at this and I received tons of extra review copies that I gave to non-listed personal and - lucky us - ban never occurred but it could have

Orayn said:
Dark Souls had actual From Software employees running amok with maxed out characters.

Oh really ? I though it was random AI lol that's even better !

Yagharek

Eusis said:
Guys: Going by that picture it's a temporary multiplayer ban. I'd hope you could still play the singleplayer even when connected to XBL/PSN, plus there's the logic that keeping people from playing online kills any advantage they can have over normal day 1 customers, given they would have no map familiarity or how well weapons work for multiplayer.

Why would they risk antagonising the customer by saying its a ban? Just put up a server outage type notice saying "MW3 Online multi is unavailable until 00:01 on DD/MM/YY - Come back later"?

Orayn

RandomVince said:
Why would they risk antagonising the customer by saying its a ban? Just put up a server outage type notice saying "MW3 Online multi is unavailable until 00:01 on DD/MM/YY - Come back later"?
If you want to give them the benefit of the doubt, that might just be their default "ACCESS DENIED" message.

Top Bottom