• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo acquires Gust, issues press release

duckroll

The press release actually details why Koei Tecmo bought Gust. It basically says that Koei Tecmo is dedicated to being the No.1 Game Entertainment publisher blahbalhbalhbalh and that their business comprises of game software, mobile, social, new platforms, etc, and because of all this shit blahblahblah the companies likes to hold on to a huge stable of reliable IPs, blahbalh. Then it goes on to say that Gust has an awesome IP in Atelier, and they've seen the merchandising for the games sell really well in the past years when sold via their Koei Tecmo Net webstore. They basically want to own all the IPs and exploit them even further for great justice, etc.

I'm honestly okay with this, Koei Tecmo have improved a lot in the last couple of years ever since the merge started back in 2009 or so. Especially their European division, extremely great people.

TGMIII

So do Gust still operate under themselves in terms of releases or are we about to see Atelier EXTREME LEGENDS 13.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Fake gasp.
Well, I wonder what will come out of it.
Aside from Loli Musou of course.

The press release actually details why Koei Tecmo bought Gust. It basically says that Koei Tecmo is dedicated to being the No.1 Game Entertainment publisher blahbalhbalhbalh and that their business comprises of game software, mobile, social, new platforms, etc, and because of all this shit blahblahblah the companies likes to hold on to a huge stable of reliable IPs, blahbalh. Then it goes on to say that Gust has an awesome IP in Atelier, and they've seen the merchandising for the games sell really well in the past years when sold via their Koei Tecmo Net webstore. They basically want to own all the IPs and exploit them even further for great justice, etc.

That doesn't sound so good.

So it's basically an IP grab then? A shame. Here's hoping that the developers aren't just relegated to mobile/SNS crap (I'm looking at you Konami, with what you did to Hudson...)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So it's basically an IP grab then? A shame. Here's hoping that the developers aren't just relegated to mobile/SNS crap (I'm looking at you Konami, with what you did to Hudson...)

Or casually tell them all they're free to go. That's what I'm afraid of, really. "Thanks for the IP, suckers! Have your desks cleared out by noon, we're going to exploit the fuck out of the fanbase you took great care in establishing!"

Fuck no.

There goes one of Sony's main RPG jp supporters. Well done on letting them slip through your hands SCEJ. Bravo *slow clap*

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, next releases in the Atelier brand
Atelier Jeanne for PS3 in March
Atelier Meruru X for Vita; Atelier Meruru Xtreme Alchemy for PS3 both in May
Atelier Rorona Spicial on PSP in June
Atelier Jeanne: Villages for PS3 in August
Atelier Jeanne Spicial on Vita in September
Atelier Rorona: Chronicles for 3DS in October
Atelier Orochi for PS3 / 360 with Ayane, Ryo and Sailor Moon as guest star
Atelier Vs. for 3DS in February 2013
Atelier Rorona Spicial HD Version for PS3 / PS4 launch title in April 2013

Takao

Banned
Fuck no.

There goes one of Sony's main RPG jp supporters. Well done on letting them slip through your hands SCEJ. Bravo *slow clap*

Gust's games sell a huge chunk of their worldwide total in Japan. I doubt they'll change too much as a result of this.

Top Bottom