• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham World VGA tease/troll.

So this happened...

0zTrl.jpg

I personally can't decide if it's a teaser or a joke. I'm not fully down on my Batman info, but Arkham World seems like some impossible type shit (in terms of making a lick of sense).

Also I have no idea if we should get spoilery for Arkham City, even though there's nothing that specifically correlates with this.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke, guys. Not saying there won't be an Arkham City sequel, but I reeeeally doubt it'd be called Arkham World.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They could do it. Based on the Batman, Inc concept.

But whatever, the sequel to Arkham City would be Gotham City.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So...

Arkham Asylum -> Arkham City -> Arkham World -> Arkham Solar System? -> Arkham Galaxy -> Arkham Universe

And the prequel of Arkham Asylum will be called Arkham Cell? :p

Apdiddy

It's probably a joke

But remember, Dr. Strange before he died talked about a similar 'brand' in Keystone and Metropolis for Arkham City. I can't see it happening what, with Dr. Strange & Ra's Al Ghul dead and all.

Arkham is a city.

World is The World.

Just thought I'd clarify, in case you missed it.

Akrham World 2099.

All criminals have been transported to a alternate world to live out their sentence

It is called Arkham World as a nod to the now 100 year old prison

Batman gets sent there by the Joker

Video games!!

2014!

Psy-Phi

Two shouldn't have been named Arkham City, Rocksteady needed a unique name, though I understand they wanted to make sure people could look at it and realize it was a sequel to their game. Can't exactly call it Batman: new subtitle and get that kind of recognition.

Too bad they can't retcon the titles and call the first Rocksteady presents: Batman Arkham Asylum, and Rocksteady presents: Strange City. Just give the games Comic Book style titles.

But sure, this title is too bizarre to be real.

Loxley

I figured it was a joke. Plus, y'know, it's the Joker, that's sort of his shtick isn't it? Zing!

I think you guys might be reading too much into this and Rocksteady is pulling off a good troll.

Dabanton

In the game don't the thugs actually talk about where they are going next.

Also spoilers

Azrael tells Batman that Gotham will burn so for the next game i suppose we'll have the whole of gotham to explore +Scarecrow is cooking something up on his hidden lab on the boat and Hush also has plans as he tells you before escaping into the city

imotep

Neo Member
It's probably a joke

But remember, Dr. Strange before he died talked about a similar 'brand' in Keystone and Metropolis for Arkham City. I can't see it happening what, with Dr. Strange & Ra's Al Ghul dead and all.

No one is ever actually dead, but it was definitely a joke.

Metal B

So...

Arkham Asylum -> Arkham City -> Arkham World -> Arkham Solar System? -> Arkham Galaxy -> Arkham Universe

And the prequel of Arkham Asylum will be called Arkham Cell? :p

Arkham Asylum -> Arkham City -> Arkham World -> Arkham 64 -> Arkham Sunshine -> Arkham Galaxy

Top Bottom