• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row: The Third $29.99 @ Best Buy DOTD

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, is this today as in 12/12 Monday, or today as in 12/13 Tuesday? In-store, too, right?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wait, is this today as in 12/12 Monday, or today as in 12/13 Tuesday? In-store, too, right?

12/13, apparently it's only good for bestbuy.com according to a previous DOTD. Which is dumb cause you can store pick up.

I still need to pick up two copies of this for the 350 or PS3 for co-op with my non-PC buddies.

PS3 is the version to get right?

Great fucking game BTW. Just finished it the other night with the biggest damn grin on my face. Its everything I missed from GTA4, on crack, irradiated, cloned and then base jumped over a teeming metropolis.

People should buy this.

I still need to pick up two copies of this for the 350 or PS3 for co-op with my non-PC buddies.

PS3 is the version to get right?
I know there was a Eurogamer article about this, but I played it on 360 and did'nt notice any problems. This is just me though, your mileage may vary.

Jhoan

Wario comes through yet again with the deals. Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna grab it for 40 bucks when they had the buy 2, get one free deal, but I missed out on it. $32.65 (with tax) is even sweeter; ordered it without even thinking twice about it. This is as good as it gets people, so strap it on.

Thanks for the heads up, Wario. I've been waiting for this to hit $30. Now if only Amazon would price match so I wouldn't have to walk into that stupid store.

edit: oh, it has free shipping. Nice.

Sye d'Burns

Installing SR2 right now. I can't think of more appropriate games than SR2 & 3 to play while the kids are out of town.

Digital SR2 beats disc collecting dust.

ToxicAdam

I read the write-up on this in Game Informer. It seems like an amazing game. It almost makes me want to buy a PS3/360 just to play it.

Chairhome

damn it. I have too many games to play and I'm low on funds, but I might have to bite. So this will be after I beat Batman, Zelda and Skyrim :-/.

Z_Y

Noooo!

I promised myself $30 was my limit when I saw it sitting there on Amazon all week for $40. I've got 3-4 games that I just know are under a tree somwhere with my name on them. Plus, I've just now started goofing around in SR2 after all these years. Why ruin that experience for me by buying the sequel now?

Sales tax. I don't want to pay sales tax, right? Yea..I don't want to pay sales tax. Makes it not worth it, right? Right.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I read the write-up on this in Game Informer. It seems like an amazing game. It almost makes me want to buy a PS3/360 just to play it.
PC version is really good this time around, barring some odd AMD issues if you have one of those video cards (though not all of them it seems).

Malo

Banned
So this deal is online only but I can do store pickup? Lol

Can't wait to play this. I've heard so many good things about SR3.

Don't wait too long if you plan on getting it for the PS3 unless the free digital copy of SR2 means nothing to you.

Is Saint's Row 2 any good? I only want SR3 for bro-op with my bros. Either way it would be a better deal to find SR3 for $20 and then SR2 for $5 than both for $30.

FredFish

I bought this about a week ago when BB had it on sale for $40. If you have a PS3 and like sandbox games getting two really good ones for $30 is pretty much a no-brainer

Sye d'Burns

Is Saint's Row 2 any good? I only want SR3 for bro-op with my bros. Either way it would be a better deal to find SR3 for $20 and then SR2 for $5 than both for $30.

I had a lot of fun with SR2. It was a good counterbalance to GTA IV.

I suppose it would be a better deal if you were able to save five dollars.

I'm not typically one to say "skip lunch" but, ultimately, you have to decide how much it's worth it to wait. Five dollars plus the added hassle of finding a)SR1 for five dollars and b)SR2 for 20, at least until that becomes a standard-ish price just seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Wow, SR3 has a couple of good opening missions! Talk about starting out with a bang.

Top Bottom