• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

News!

LATEST NEWS!

Armored Kill = September 4th on PS3, September 11th on PC/360

Battlefield 3 Premium Edition (BF3 + All Map DLC + Starter Kit) = September 11th

Links!

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Battlefield 3: Community: Europe

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Battlefield 3 Xbox 360 GamerTag, Friends of Friends & Battalion Thread

Mumble - Making Ventrilo and TeamSpeak Obsolete

Servers!

NeoGAF US (Chicago, IL, USA)

NeoGAF US (Chicago, IL, USA) HARDCORE

NeoGAF EU (London, UK)

Shame!

ZLi72.png

Something missing? tell me, it'll be not-missing soon enough.

Rapstah

As long as the old thread is linked to and you update this one with new patches... I guess server links should be added, and that would be it.

MNC

Genuine question: where does one find the "Who Posted?" thing for gaf threads. Can't find it anywhere.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I am now advised of this new thread hotness.

I'm going for the 5 Squad Deathmatch wins and I want to kill babies.

Genuine question: where does one find the "Who Posted?" thing for gaf threads. Can't find it anywhere.

Click on the number of posts next to the thread.

cluto

What's the point of SMGs and PDWs in this game? They're completely outclassed by assault rifles and carbines, so why ever use them? If they were stronger than ARs/Carbines/LMGs at the 0 - 20m range, they could serve a very useful purpose, but they don't.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's the point of SMGs and PDWs in this game? They're completely outclassed by assault rifles and carbines, so why ever use them? If they were stronger than ARs/Carbines/LMGs at the 0 - 20m range, they could serve a very useful purpose, but they don't.

You funny guy, I kill you with P90 first before your M416 can get the drop on me.

PDW (with the exception of the PDW-R which is a bit funky and I'm trying to adjust) are all good, same with the Carbines. You have to know what you're doing with the guns to totally blow people up, which is completely fine with me.

I think that 80% of the weapons in the game are useless.

iam220

Recon.

The FAMAS is much better with a red dot/holographic, but I still prefer to use a burst weapon given the amount of fighting that happens over long ranges. It's pretty good on Sharqi and Karkand though.

Gonna take a while to get the British rifle, haven't used the 203 at all, and SQDM is annoying without my friends.

Spl1nter

The FAMAS is much better with a red dot/holographic, but I still prefer to use a burst weapon given the amount of fighting that happens over long ranges. It's pretty good on Sharqi and Karkand though.

Gonna take a while to get the British rifle, haven't used the 203 at all, and SQDM is annoying without my friends.

not worth it.

TheSeks

not worth it.

What? It's very worth it. There's no recoil at all on it. See someone? ADS and hold the trigger. You don't even need to switch out of full auto. It's crazy.

cluto

You funny guy, I kill you with P90 first before your M416 can get the drop on me.

PDW (with the exception of the PDW-R which is a bit funky and I'm trying to adjust) are all good, same with the Carbines. You have to know what you're doing with the guns to totally blow people up, which is completely fine with me.
Nope, my AEK kills you much faster than your useless P90.

I think that 80% of the weapons in the game are useless.
You are probably correct.

The only time I play Recon is to put down a spawn beacon to spawn as a better class, and if I'm going to choose a close range weapon like an SMG or Shotgun, I'm going to pick the 870 every time. Plus, Recon is at a huge disadvantage for running and gunning because they have nothing to combat vehicles, which are a constant problem unless you're on Bazaar or Metro. That's why it's a camper class and that's why I don't play it.

Run and gun is what I love to play, and SMGs should cater to that type of gameplay, but the AEK and a lot of the assault rifles and carbines are better at close, medium, and long range.

If SMGs and PDWs had much lower recoil, better hip fire accuracy, better accuracy while moving, and faster aim-down-sight while sprinting, they could be a lot better. They should be a lot better.

iam220

Doesn't even need to be recon. Just knowing what the PDW/Shotguns do in the all-kit areas.

I wouldn't give up my rifle,carbine or lmg for a pdw.

BC2 had better all-kit weapons. They actually allowed classes to play a different role. You can turn a medic/engi into a more long range killer with the m14 or g3 or have recon focus on close range w/ shotty and thompson. In BF3 they only really change the role of recon.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I don't understand the thread title.

Am I not hip enough to?

Edit: From the old thread I didn't rank the B2K maps yet sooo:

1. Karkand
2. Sharqi
3. Wake
4. Oman

The reason for ranking Oman last is that I really don't like the US uncap.

As many have said the four Karkand maps are much better than any of the vanilla maps. Kharg and Caspian are really the only ones that are even close to B2K quality.

iam220

The only time I play Recon is to put down a spawn beacon to spawn as a better class, and if I'm going to choose a close range weapon like an SMG or Shotgun, I'm going to pick the 870 every time. Plus, Recon is at a huge disadvantage for running and gunning because they have nothing to combat vehicles, which are a constant problem unless you're on Bazaar or Metro. That's why it's a camper class and that's why I don't play it.

Hardly, With PDW they're a great class for attacking or defending a base. Obviously, the spawn beacon is instrumental in this but even more so is the motion sensor. When I play recon with my PDW I'm moving around more than any other class. Every time I just place a motion sensor by me, make sure an area is cleared, pick it back up and move on to the next area. Or just place it near the flag that I'm defending.

On capsian border , ithe hill is my favorite flag, so if I'm in a defending mood, what I do is just place one there and defend it during the entire game (you need a decent amount of players for this not to be boring).

Run and gun is what I love to play, and SMGs should cater to that type of gameplay, but the AEK and a lot of the assault rifles and carbines are better at close, medium, and long range.
If SMGs and PDWs had much lower recoil, better hip fire accuracy, better accuracy while moving, and faster aim-down-sight while sprinting, they could be a lot better. They should be a lot better.

Nah, the all-gun kits are supposed to be underpowered and/or specialized. If they were as good or better as carbines or rifles than it would break all balance.

Tried to play squad death match again. Fucking shit mode, and any game that forces you to play a mode to get an unlock is doing something wrong.

TheSeks

Nope, my AEK kills you much faster than your useless P90.

OH NOES! 0.06 SECONDS DIFFERENCE.

Oh, wait, what was your point with this again?

Anton Sugar said:
Because they have the fastest ROF's and least recoil of all the guns.

B-B-BUT I PEW PEW KILL YOU FASTER! *rolls eyes*

More bullets being thrown > Damage/Time to Kill. Even then the recoil factors aren't even needed to be accounted for. Learn to use all the guns and you will see they all are nearly the same in recoil (very little/none) and it's a matter of preference/iron-sights and knowing how the gun handles.

Spl1nter

I should never play this game with randoms. You can put up a herculean effort and still get shit on by your own team.

iam220

Even then the recoil factors aren't even needed to be accounted for. Learn to use all the guns and you will see they all are nearly the same in recoil (very little/none) and it's a matter of preference/iron-sights and knowing how the gun handles.

Disagree. Recoil is almost negligible at close <20m or long >80m ranges, but in between that it certainly is a factor. Learning the guns means learning how frequently you can tap fire and for how long you should hold it down and it is recoil that determines all that.

Helicopters are week pieces of shit. I love them, but constantly being locked on to by other heli's, jets, soflam, stingers. You spend more time popping flairs than anything else.

Kak.efes

Helicopters are week pieces of shit. I love them, but constantly being locked on to by other heli's, jets, soflam, stingers. You spend more time popping flairs than anything else.

If the proposed change goes through, where stingers will once again disable your vehicle in one shot, I'm done with this game.

TheSeks

If the proposed change goes through, where stingers will once again disable your vehicle in one shot, I'm done with this game.

Yes, yes... give in to the butthurt instead of getting on the floor and walking the dinosaur like the rest of us.

I don't get why they think about all this stupid shit they want to put into patches, yet those idotic flashlights are still in. The only time you loose a 1on1-face to face shooting is either because of the flashlight or lag.

Both suck.

So apparently, the physical warfare pack that was up on the marketplace on the karkand release date was a mistake. It was taken off later in the day. Glad I nabbed my download.

Okay, so can the new maps play different versions of conquest. Either I'm going mad, or I'm missing something. But I'm playing Shakri or whatever it's called, and earlier I could use a heli on it, but now no option?

If there is different versions, how do you select them? I only see one option in the server filter. (360)

I just started up Origin for the first time in a week or two and there is a 3.9gb update. What did they update that is almost 4gb's??

Top Bottom