• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

scitek

batmanac2012-08-1700-hpyy9.png

batmanac2012-08-1700-gjxsg.png

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Rayman Origins in native 2880x1800 on Macbook Retina (runs at solid 60FPS too). IQ on the screen, and with all the perfectly smooth motion, looks unbelievable. These screens can't even show it really, in part due to pretty crappy Steam screenshot JPEG compression.
*edited to have 2 images*

iHmDpiWqxDWBj.jpg

ibwnfulrXDR97b.jpg

kvn

Rayman Origins in native 2880x1800 on Macbook Retina (runs at solid 60FPS too). IQ on the screen, and with all the perfectly smooth motion, looks unbelievable. These screens can't even show it really, in part due to pretty crappy Steam screenshot JPEG compression.
*edited to have 2 images*

One hell of a games machine.

Sleeping Dogs is definitely in my top priorities to buy this fall, no doubt. Looks really amazing. Any negative aspects?

There's a bit of clunky open world game stuff that is pretty par for the course when it comes to games like this. There's a fairly consistent stuttering bug that most people seem to be getting. And some people have also been running into scripting bugs and I think even a bit of save corruption/loss.

However, the game was patched today based on forum feedback (or so the patch notes say) so there's a decent chance the game will receive more substantial patches down the line to fix other little issues.

Wanny

Is it me or Darksiders 2 is asking for tesselation? It seems textured for it.

Look at those skulls above. They just cry for tesselation.

scitek

Is it me or Darksiders 2 is asking for tesselation? It seems textured for it.

Look at those skulls above. They just cry for tesselation.

It'd look great, but my framerate would probably be dragged through the mud and I'd end up turning it off anyway.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Eatchildren, didn't you just complain about the blurriness of the Skyrim ENB screenshots a few pages back?

I didn't complain. I noted how heavily blurred all ENB shots are.

Much like these :p.

legacyzero

Banned
Damn, I want Sleeping Dogs somthin FIERCE.

But I only just meet the minimum requirements with my 4890. I need a new card, STAT!

Grabbed a 660ti today. Fired up Witcher 2, bought it on the summer sale but held off for the new card. Ubersampling is still too much to handle, but with that off and everything else maxed out I'm getting a silky smooth 60 so far, damn is this a pretty game.

iBgKHBCclnKdy.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"Believe in yourself and you can accomplish anything."

sleep1oexgy.png

- Wei "Motherfucking" Shen, 2012

sleep2dqajo.png

Top Bottom