• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC / JAPAN GAF help my ART Poject please :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I want to say thank you EviLore and bishoptl for being supportive and cool with this.

NeoGAF meet Mr. NOBODY
mrnobody2012.jpg

THE PROJECT
http://haitiansuperflat.com/

I am running short on time just got off the train. So this OP will be few on details.

NYC GAF
I need your help with this part of my Project
Mr. NOBODY wants to recreate this video in front of the Guggenheim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTi9rR72OMc
I want to start out with that for Black History Month

next would be the MET and other major art centers in NYC

note my camera broke while preparing for this project launch and Mr. NOBODY is also afraid of being alone in the big city with just one eye and full of blind spots

so we need your help fellow gaffers bring you smart phones and cameras and help take short videos and pics of Mr. NOBODY.

the best vids will be used to share this project with the world.

Tomorrow should be sunny so I will try to sit on the MET steps and see if I meet any Gaffers to help me - it was very windy getting off the train tonight in Bridgeport CT so Mr. NOBODY's hat blew off and I had to chase it down the street... DAMN that would have made an awesome video :(

So Tomorrow morning I hope to hang at NYC all day.

But will try to be at NYC every few days to give others a chance to share in this.

JAPAN GAF

I need your help with the Japanese language translations part of this project.

I am not sure what TAKASHI MURAKAMI will think of this but if you start an "Art Movement" you should be happy to see others joining in right? Or we would would never have any Impressionists to read about in Art History.

I need Japan GAFs help throughout 2012 when I have to seen thank you's to JAPAN

My first thank you letter I need right now is to TENGA Co., Ltd.

Dear Nazaire,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Thanks also for all the info you sent us, we've taken a look at all your work and are quite taken aback at both your artwork and your story.

Our director has taken a look at your concept works for the EGGs and has seen no problems in allowing you to use them and the name TENGA within your project.
If you would like, our director has also offered to send you one box of EGG 6-packs (one of each, 144 pieces in total) as a show of support and a thank you for taking an interest in TENGA,
would you like to accept this? This will also serve as a thank you for your permission to us to use your project in some way for PR in the future.

We look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Eddie

Even though they have staff that speak english better than I do... I would still like to thank them in Japanese on the project's website for supporting my little art project idea. :) I did not know they would be so cool >_< I MY <3 TENGA

pm me if you can help me translate a formal thank you in Japanese

also what should I send to Murakami's tweeter?

Okay got to run to finish the last steps to launch the Kickstarter page to help fund the rest of what I will be doing with this project all year.

If you smell a troll... Why yes (I don't take myself so seriously, this should be about having fun... my life is full of high stress as it is)
trollface-mrnobody.jpg

Bottom line is this Art Project is also focused on trolling the GateKeepers of Art World and having fun doing it. I want to send them a message that I want in on the moneys :p
I have to ask 4Chan for help next but I have no contacts or cannot remember if I had an account :|

ART and PROJECT PHOTOS on my Google+

My work is important to me so this will be my final try at doing something worthwhile with it... I will take the Art and Message behind it serious. Even when NOBODY CARES

Thanks GAF
be back in a few hours not sure if I'll get any sleep tonight again

UPDATE at 3am Project Launched http://kck.st/AsOKOG
not going to bump this thread >_>

Update 2 @ Grand Central Apple Store 8am

too cold out here in New York

I got a lot of help from friendly people
3AQmK.gif

back from uptown sitting at the Apple Store in Grand Central again

Davidion

Ha, this is interesting.

Are you going to be around all day? I may not be able to get out until later at night.

I'll come back throughout the month

I did not sleep at all last night and I am so cold
I have to see what vids I have so far
here is my latest upload http://youtu.be/gp1Ks82sTt0

I think I am too tired to go home I'm going to leave soon and walk to the Library is that Grant Park right where they have the fashion tent?

http://haitiansuperflat.com has updated

nothing else I can do for now I have to finish some art for a group show on Friday

CT GAF if you want to come to Opening Night on Friday let me know... its Downtown Bridgeport Read's Ground Floor Gallery

NY GAF cannot come to NYC until after the show so Saturday or Sunday next weekend
thanks

Flo

Great project! Is there anything besides UP voting that people can do that live nowhere near NY or Japan?

edit; tried to do the pledge thing, but apparently amazon only accepts CC?

Thanks Flo sorry KickStarter only uses Amazon but you can still help the project at http://sendacanvas.com the art supplies wishlist should take PayPal

Note: for those who are not able to help in NYC you can still pledge $1 or more to the project at http://kck.st/AsOKOG (Amazon Only)

I will be adding the names of those who donated to the project on

http://haitiansuperflat.com <-- project website

Reminder my next group show is this Friday 10th

and the next one after that is May 1st in Greenwich CT updates on that next week

Amir0x

Banned
if I was Mr. Nobody I sure as heck would

lovely stuff as always, I am not sure how long you'll be doing this but if I go to NYC on the 18th I'll take pics of you. Other than that my next time in NYC is going to be in March, so if Mr. Nobody is wandering around then...

thanks guys! I will be doing this for as long as the project holds... if funded all year long :)

@ Amir0x I will go to the NYC meet up on the 18th

@ Shiggie thank you! my second pledge :) everything helps

@ 24FrameDaVinci sorry Mr. NOBODY remixed it since that pic for Friday's show... not sure if it will be for sale until after the project

africanmoonremix.jpg

Backed.

You should probably go take some pictures at Five Pointz, for starters.

YES! 5 Pointz is an awesome idea but I still need to bring a buddy to take the photos I have no such people around here who want to help everyone here is doing there own thing local

but yet that is one of the locations I want to hit by the end of this

Thanks for the Pledge! :)

Davidion

YES! 5 Pointz is an awesome idea but I still need to bring a buddy to take the photos I have no such people around here who want to help everyone here is doing there own thing local

but yet that is one of the locations I want to hit by the end of this

Thanks for the Pledge! :)

PM me if you have any plans to do it on a Saturday.

thanks HappyBivouac :)

I'm heading to my train... I'll try to get to that parade early enough then I'm heading to the New Museum then I dunno I did not get any sleep again lol

so I'll see how long I can last in the City today, should be a nice fun day... will post when I find a free wi-fi spot

if I was Mr. Nobody I sure as heck would

lovely stuff as always, I am not sure how long you'll be doing this but if I go to NYC on the 18th I'll take pics of you. Other than that my next time in NYC is going to be in March, so if Mr. Nobody is wandering around then...

damn I caught a cold from that Parade it was way too cold for 4 hours of waiting :(

I still want to go to 5 Pointz on Saturday and I see snow coming >_<

Final update:

I got into a major Art event in Greewich, CT

Art to the Avenue

an annual art event where downtown Greenwich turns into a huge Art Gallery with each store choosing an Artist to feature work from this includes some major brand name stores because Greenwich, CT is an upscale town... So they have their own Apple Store on the Ave. (The Apple Store does take part in this event but they often choose photography not a painter)

I got chosen by a store that is only 2 doors up from the Apple Store (same building block)

tonight was the reception to find out who go selected out of the over 140 visual artists who submitted work. Many Artists came to the reception and saw no pink ticket with a store selection so they did not get picked... There are more artists than they have stores to fill, I got really lucky.

So I guess its thanks to my dancer painting series that I got chosen by a cute little Ballerina Shop they sell Pointe Shoes and Tutus to little dancers and adult dancers, skaters and gymnastics too :D The Artist who normally gets featured by this store is a famous Prima Ballerina who does pen and ink watercolor drawings of her life when she was dancing, now I think she teaches.

This is going to be fun so I got to prepare for it.

So now with only 9 days left of my KickStarter project http://kck.st/AsOKOG I think I did all I could do
3AQmK.gif
I had fun but it looks like it will fail to be funded so far... (I need to start my own indie gaming company)

Still I had a blast with Mr. NOBODY in NYC so thanks to all who helped me in NYC
if you backed me and the goal is not reached remember your card will not be charged.
So with only 9 days left I doubt things will change... I could not edit a good video because I suck at video editing.

THANKS GAF

/PROJECT ENDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom