• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

Just got a PSN message from the MotorStorm community manager with a code to download MotorStorm RC, as recognition for my wallpapers.

Awesome ^.^

Syn23

Here's some animu for you! Made using results from Google Image searching ["Hatsune Miku" nendoroid], restricted to Large images. I don't know how to apply that zipper effect, or if it's even possible using Paint, so go nuts with these.
Actually I was searching for 3d renders of Nendo Miku, like these ones from the 3DS game, but in higher resolution: link1, link2. I should have clarified that, my bad. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. Some of the images you've found are great and I'll use them as wallpapers anyway.

MrPliskin

Banned
Why is it so outrageously difficult to right click -> save as in Google Chrome, rofl. The quoted images resizing on click makes this almost infuriating, haha.

lordimmortal

Neo Member
here ya go guys who wanted the TMNT pics i had on mine.

TMNT-Wallpapers-1920x1080-3.jpg

TMNT-Wallpapers-1920x1080-2.jpg

TMNT-Wallpapers-1920x1080-1.jpg

TMNT-Wallpapers-1920x1080.jpg

Love these look great on the Vita thanks KaYotiX

Syn23

I've made this one:

I think the mask I've done is almost pixel perfect. I'm not totally sure about the lower left corner, but it doesn't matter much actually, since you never see it clearly in the swipe animation. I'm quite positive about the two right corners but you can't see them in this one.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah I totally grabbed the Vita and PSP pics. I haven't gotten around to making my own custom backgrounds yet but I've been really wanting to separate my PSP and Vita stuff better.

as much as I like these simplified "vista" designs... I'd like to make my own but more simplified... anyone got templates?

This thread needs more simplified illustrator love. Not hatin' (mad respect to all that has been done) just need a new flavor.

EDIT: nvm, forgot they were in the OP.

AkuMifune

Banned
Here's another one for 4 screens. I might use this one and put my bubbles around the flames.

Yeah, I like the tiered ones too. Adds depth. Some that would be really cool would be like the zones of the ocean from the surface down to the deep sea or space to surface of the earth... I tried one earlier but failed in the compression.

Will try again.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, I like the tiered ones too. Adds depth. Some that would be really cool would be like the zones of the ocean from the surface down to the deep sea or space to surface of the earth... I tried one earlier but failed in the compression.

Will try again.

Yeah I wanted to do one that started at street level and ended up in space, but I couldn't find the images that would make it work well. I'd want it to be seamless.

I also wanted to do one where it starts at the street level looking at a building, and then goes up a ladder all the way to the roof, or something like that. But again, just didn't find good source material.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how are the transparant wallpapers? Eg if you had the vertical labels on the left but transparant so the animated backgrounds showed through, would the lack of AA make it look really bad?

I'd love a long (4-6 screen) wallpaper with the vertical labels applied. I realise thats quite specific to how I lay my screens out so I'll have a play

Grokbu

Sigh. I am disappointed.

I was really looking forward to using some clean images as lockscreens, and see how they look on that beautiful oled screen everytime I turn the system on. But I didn't know that they would turn out compressed, or whatever is happening to them. It kinda ruins the clean look of a lot of images.

I really hope that Sony finds a way to fix this without ruining the performance of other areas of the OS.

EDIT: The same thing goes for the page wallpapers.

Grinchy

Banned
Sigh. I am disappointed.

I was really looking forward to using some clean images as lockscreens, and see how they look on that beautiful oled screen everytime I turn the system on. But I didn't know that they would turn out compressed, or whatever is happening to them. It kinda ruins the clean look of a lot of images.

I really hope that Sony finds a way to fix this without ruining the performance of other areas of the OS.

EDIT: The same thing goes for the page wallpapers.

Are you having it re-size an image that's not in the Vita's native resolution?

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe you are right. I just checked one of my wallpapers and compared it to how it looks on my monitor. If I look really close, I can make out distortions that aren't present on my monitor. Everything else looks better on the Vita screen(colors, ect), but I see like some aliasing or something around edges.

Grokbu

Maybe you are right. I just checked one of my wallpapers and compared it to how it looks on my monitor. If I look really close, I can make out distortions that aren't present on my monitor. Everything else looks better on the Vita screen(colors, ect), but I see like some aliasing or something around edges.
Yeah, exactly. In one manga image I have, there are green squares around the lines on the character. In another one, there's normally a slight blue tint on the face of the character, but when used as a wallpaper, her face gets slightly, I dunno, "messy" by the blue tint.

It's really annoying. The images are so beautiful when viewed in the gallery.

Top Bottom