• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja head fancies a Dead or Alive X Virtua Fighter crossover

daviyoung

Banned
Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi admits he would like to develop a Dead Or Alive crossover title similar to Street Fighter X Tekken.

Capcom's upcoming fighting game combines two of the most revered fighting game series of all time, something that would have been unthinkable a few years ago when fighting games were unpopular and Capcom and Namco were competitors, rather than collaborators.

In an interview, Hayashi told us: "In terms of collaboration titles, there are staff on our team who just love fighting games and if there was any chance to do that we'd actively, possibly do that.

"The first 3D game I played was Virtua Fighter, that's the IP I respect most. Virtua Fighter was the father of 3D gaming, so it's very well respected."

Full article: http://www.edge-online.com/news/hayashi-keen-dead-or-alive-crossover

Make it happen Sega!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This thread is gonna be good. Bunch of elitists going "LOL TITS AND ASS VS OUR GODLY FIGHTING 3D GAME!? NEVER HAPPEN!"

I wouldn't mind it happening just to see what it would be like. But I'm not fully "for" it either.
We'll see after DoA5 and VF5:FS I guess.

DiscoJur said:
Am I the only one hoping it's a Volleyball game?

Vanessa and Lisa team up combo. Double Chocolate team is go!

Alx

I like both games a lot, and since they have similar PKG controls it shouldn't be too difficult to make.
I would buy it anyway, even if it's an absurd cross-over with half-broken gameplay, like Fighters Megamix, as long as it's fun to play.

What about DOA x Street Fighter EX?, I will love to see Capcom's take of DOA characters, design-wise but also in a 2D fighter.

ParityBit

Isn't this like Freddy Vs. Jason? Why are fighting games taking the same path as dying horror movies? Keep your Apples out of my Oranges!

DoA owes a lot to VF for its existence anyway and other than the logical Tekken vs Virtua Fighter this makes legitimate sense as a crossover fighter. Sarah and Hitomi in the same game...YEAH!!!!

Row

Banned
Seems like a tough combo. On one side you have the most complex and balanced 3D fighting series ever made, and on the other you have a breast jiggling simulator.

I think it would work in all honesty. VF Purists will shun it, but they can have their little corner they call market.

Not to be outdone, SNK announces:

Kings of Fighters X Eternal Champions

Good lord that would be epic, and I don't even care about KoF. I'm actually a bit upset now, even sad :^(

This is possible. For starters: the original DoA was essentially a stylized, faster, albeit simpler variant on the VF battle system, mainly due to the inclusion of danger zones and, breast bouncing. Now that the games have progressed to multi-part fighting stages, this crossover would be the perfect reunion—bringing more complex move-sets back to DoA, along with more theatrics for VF. Count me in, so long as Katagiri and Team Ninja can cooperate nicely.

TreIII

Now THIS? This would be a crossover I'd like to see. But before anything happens, let's see if DOA5 can actually deliver on being a solid game first, shall we, Hayashi?

shuri

Banned
Maybe the Sega team will finally update the feel and designs of VF to something a bit more post 1995. Dat damn 'swooossshh' sound..

Mista Koo

they should do doa x tekken just to piss off itagaki
I lol'd chuckled.

and other than the logical Tekken vs Virtua Fighter this makes legitimate sense as a crossover fighter.
But we already had that
V. R. Fighter vs. Taken 2

qMO3m.png

Dead or Alive X SoulCalibur

Bringing true titillating action to current gen!
I totally see this working, removing males from both sides results in a reasonably sized roster.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather just play Virtua Fighter or DOA than any mashup of the two honestly.

Top Bottom