• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VITA: Retail Musings Edition

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Interesting--looking forward to NPD for once.

Usually, GAF retail musings tend to overstate Sony sales. This time, however, I don't think that will be the case.

Anecdotal evidence and everything, but I went to my local Best Buy earlier this week and the Vita section was disappointing. It was on the end of the shelves they put video-game stuff on, and there was a demo unit, a selection of about 5 or 6 different games, memory cards up to 16 GB and one WiFi unit with about three 3G units and some starter kits. I looked around to see if they were selling Vita stuff anywhere else but it seemed like that was it.

Overall, it was pathetically small, even for a system that just launched, but the games and systems seemed to be selling decently as there weren't many of them on shelves. I wanted to ask a clerk about how it was selling but I forgot to. Not really sure what to make of it.

Tailzo

My local Gamestop has several 3g units, and one wifi unit. Seems like the wifi unit sold out earlier too, they're awaiting more wifi units. But it seems they get really low numbers of units each time. I'm in Norway.

Top Bottom