• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WoW: Scroll of Resurrection Revamp - Free lvl 80 Character

strafer

P92PQYYQX4BE1329344153781.jpg

The Scroll of Resurrection is currently on cooldown, but will be resurrected soon. Once it’s available, you will be able to earn a free faction mount when you use a Scroll of Resurrection to bring a friend or former guildmate back to World of Warcraft, but this offer will only be available for a limited time. Any active World of Warcraft non-trial player can send a Scroll of Resurrection. To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have previously purchased at least one month of game time at any point in the past, and your friend’s account must have been inactive since March 4, 2012 or earlier.

Once your friend accepts your scroll and pays for at least 30 days of game, you unlock your choice of the following rewards:

A Free Spectral Gryphon for an Alliance character
Or a Free Spectral Wind Rider for a Horde character

And, to enable you and your friend to play together in Cataclysm’s newest content, any friend who accepts your Scroll will also receive the following epic benefits:

A single character immediately boosted all the way to level 80 -- DING!
A FREE upgrade to Cataclysm -- regardless of your friend’s original box level
An optional FREE character move -- to your realm and faction so you can play together
7 FREE days of game time -- available immediately

A few other prerequisites apply -- such as a free upgrade to a Battle.net account for players who haven’t played since 2009 or earlier -- so be sure to check out the FAQ below for full eligibility details.

We’ll provide an update once the Scroll of Resurrection is ready to be cast on your friends. Keep an eye on the World of Warcraft official Community site for more information.

Read more here

scy

Free realm change (and ... race change?) and all they can spare is a week of free time? Pfft.

Durante

They do seem to be getting a bit desperate, I recently got an offer for 2 free months with all the expansions. Note that the last time I was subscribed was 3 months after the game launched.

Victrix

*beard*
Straight up hilarious

Tip: Don't base your next expansion on your art directors panda fetish after your previous was meh

Megasoum

Banned
Considering that, for me anyway, the only thing I still find remotly interesting in Wow is leveling a new character, I couldn't care less for that kind of promotion.

Roxas

Considering that, for me anyway, the only thing I still find remotly interesting in Wow is leveling a new character, I couldn't care less for that kind of promotion.

So much this, they are cutting out the whole point of the game lol

creid

"Remember the good times in ___?"

This sounds like a junkie trying to get a friend hooked again. Though I guess in this case it's the dealer.

Free Cataclysm seems like a bigger deal.

Yeah, thats what shocked me the most too.

I've actually been waiting for them to pull the string on this move for a long time not, but I was NOT expecting them to give their most recent expansion out for free. I have no clue when the next one is coming.

Wow. It's only a matter of time before people are allowed to buy level 80 characters outright.

I'm going to guess Blizzard will put the "service" on the store for $39.99.

I don't remember the good times in WoW.

Lol :)

TBH they have tempted me a few times with incredible offers and I have not even felt like biting. That must say something about the burnout I have. Was a hardcore raider until WotLK and now I wouldn't touch the game with a ten foot pole.

(been quite happy in SWTOR though... )

markot

Banned
Has it stagnated lately? Because seriously, if people complain about the amount of content and patches they get for WoW, there is no game that will ever, in the history of the medium, make people feel like there are enough fixes and added content.

What? Wow has the slowest content delivery of any mmo, it's dreadful.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Considering the game is almost 8 years old they've done pretty well, pretty good offer and I'm sure they'll grab quite a few people.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lol :)

TBH they have tempted me a few times with incredible offers and I have not even felt like biting. That must say something about the burnout I have. Was a hardcore raider until WotLK and now I wouldn't touch the game with a ten foot pole.

(been quite happy in SWTOR though... )

Lol, you can now raid in WoW without being hardcore at all. In around 2 hours per week, one character already did the latest raid and killed all 8 bosses. Although that's in the easiest mode, it's still a raid!

I still would prefer for them to completely take away the game's monthly fee. I know a friend who would come back if that was the case, even all those free things wont be enough since he dont have enough time to play to make the monthly fee worth it.

Sophia

Has it stagnated lately? Because seriously, if people complain about the amount of content and patches they get for WoW, there is no game that will ever, in the history of the medium, make people feel like there are enough fixes and added content.

WoW's always been dreadfully slow about content updates. And it's only gotten worse. Two entire raids were cut out of Cataclysm. One of them became a 5man, one of them is just... gone.

What WoW needs is dynamic PVE content (perhaps with rotating leaderboards) that isn't just about doing the endgame raid content 20 weeks in a row to progress on bosses farther and farther. There is enough content in WoW's history that heroic dungeon and raid weeklies should be possible, but add in an extra challenging element to these as well to give top tier content.

I can see why people get burned out doing Firelands or Dragon Soul or whatever the latest tier is for so long. Progression is fun but goddamn the encounters just get stale after awhile.

Won

This sounds like a "sorry about that Cataclysm thingy".

I'm kinda happy to see that the finally start to hand out high level characters though.

Sophia

Whether if you mean currently, or in MMO history you are wrong. And you know that. No need to go to extremes.

He's not wrong. Tons of MMOs update way faster than Blizzard does. Even Square Enix is faster. Think about that for a second... >_>;

Victrix

*beard*
Whether if you mean currently, or in MMO history you are wrong. And you know that. No need to go to extremes.

Slowest? No. But it was pretty fucking slow. Rift embarasses them in terms of regular substantial updates and patches.

Cipherr

He's not wrong. Tons of MMOs update way faster than Blizzard does. Even Square Enix is faster. Think about that for a second... >_>;

I don't need to think about anything, you need to re-read his quote. He said of all MMO's, that is factually wrong, you're the one who needs to re-think it.

Slowest? No. But it was pretty fucking slow. Rift embarasses them in terms of regular substantial updates and patches.

Agreed. Particularly in Cataclysm. It started to slide a lot in Wrath but Cataclysm has been horrifyingly bad.

Khezu

The only way I would ever come back is if they did a vanilla or TBC server, back when the game was still fun and not ruined forever.

Top Bottom