• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokitowa screens (Imageepoch PS3 RPG)

1obu5o.jpg

27cuuf.jpg

3plugh.jpg

4xpuux.jpg

56tub1.jpg

600uyp.jpg

791usy.jpg

9smasy.jpg

8ehu93.jpg

http://andriasang.com/con09u/tokitowa_screens/

redlemon

Looks nice but the contrast between the characters sharp outlines and the blurry background art is really jarring.

This looks like the RPG I've been waiting for. I really want to see some direct feed video. Hope this gets picked up for a western release.

I think the artist and tech responsible for this looks amazing. Now can we get a proper game built around this? Or are we stuck with this Saturday morning Naruto-esque pedophilia moe paraphernalia?

Aeana

I still think this is gonna look kind of weird in motion, like PSX games with sprites on 3D that had dynamic camera angles (like SaGa Frontier battles, or Beyond the Beyond's battles).

mattp

I think the artist and tech responsible for this looks amazing. Now can we get a proper game built around this? Or are we stuck with this Saturday morning Naruto-esque pedophillia moe paraphernalia?

yep
this would look even cooler looking than ni no kuni w/ ghibli art

Jonnyram

Wait, typical Japanese character art = pedophilia?
Give me a break.
I hate "moe" as much as the next guy, but that pedophilia comment was a bit much, and this isn't even that "moe" compared to most recent stuff.

Wait, typical Japanese character art = pedophilia?
Give me a break.
I hate "moe" as much as the next guy, but that pedophilia comment was a bit much, and this isn't even that "moe" compared to most recent stuff.

To most of GAF that hates anime, anything with a Japanese-centric design is automatically for pedophiles.

I like the designs all around. I don't expect mindblowing 3D graphics from a developer like this, so trying something different deserves some credit.

Coxy

looks really nice, the thing that concerns me is that the little dragon thing is in the exact same position in a few screens which makes me worry about the animation

I still think this is gonna look kind of weird in motion, like PSX games with sprites on 3D that had dynamic camera angles (like SaGa Frontier battles, or Beyond the Beyond's battles).

Or doujin games. I'd love to be proven wrong, but they're including a practically infinite number of frames of animation from every conceivable angle, I don't see any way that the 2D and 3D graphical elements can mesh perfectly.

.la1n

Looks pretty mediocre tbh, Valkyria Chronicles set my expectation bar pretty high for anime-ish game engines.

edit: the screenshot just before the map actually looks nice...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Nothing against moe-ge but I'm sick of avoiding games like Neptunia, Tonelico, etc that look really nice but have really boring (imo) gameplay. Hopefully this is something interesting.

Tizoc

Is this real life? lol, that looks good IMO, hope it'll look better by the release of the game.

Gotta see what this looks like actually running. The backgrounds may in the end hurt it since they dont look great. May have the effect of cheap green screen effects.

And lol at the pedo crap. Guess that's going to be that posters running gag.

xxczx

I'm guessing the camera will be at a set angle or something?

But wow, I wasn't really interested in this before but now I kinda am.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Fascinated by how this is going to look in extended footage. The perspective kinda makes me nostalgically think of the Shining Force 16-bit cinematic battle bits.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
My main concern is that, beyond the incoherent look, the animations will be horrible..

My only main concern is if the story isn't cringeworthy. :p

Varion

The screens look great but the pessimist in me is still waiting for the first lengthy gameplay footage that'll bring it all crashing down.

It would be nice if that didn't happen though.

Top Bottom