• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far Cry 3 Footage

MMaRsu

Banned
Is that VG247 commentary or just Ubisofts?

Either way, it's damn terrible. While this looks like fun, it just looks like a mix of Battlefield an MW3. I did not see anything cool relating to Far Cry at all.

The video is in the link.............. -_-
directly i meant.

anyways, looks kinda fun I guess.I hope they give the opposing time an appropriate amount of time to defend themselves against those kill streaks. Also, I do not like the HUD so far but maybe that'll change by the time it releases.

cluto

I like the thing that happens at the end of each match, but I would have preferred the multiplayer to be something more akin to Red Dead's free roam. The MP is not the reason I'm getting Far Cry 3 though.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks like COD. Moar single player pls.

And put MP in the thread title, disappointed.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
The clouds look like Andy's bedroom.

Loxley

Looks great, especially for pre-Alpha. The weapons seem to have a good punch to them, can't wait for this.

I like the thing that happens at the end of each match, but I would have preferred the multiplayer to be something more akin to Red Dead's free roam. The MP is not the reason I'm getting Far Cry 3 though.

Yeah, the Far Cry series has been one of the few shooters that most people buy for the single-player.

Oh it's multiplayer

tumblr_m0frmcuqf51r4yi86.gif

Reallink

I wasn't aware they were chasing CoD with this game. Does this mean the SP is going to be a tacked on afterthought?

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I see they've taken some cues from KZ3 as well with the bit where the top players gather around the other top players and beat the poo out of them. Overall I thought it looked pretty fun, but honestly why must every game be compared to CoD if its a shooter? I think we should grow put of that habit

KaiserBecks

As if anyone is actually going to play this. They should convince gamers to buy this because of its SP. CoD is bad enough as it is right now, last thing we need is another clone.

Metal-Geo

"...and flies a camera around to make it rather cinematic."

Oh whoooaaaa. So cooooool. I can't believe how cinematic that is. Whoaaa.

Tawpgun

Looks really fucking cluttered.

Not to mentioned the guitar riff that plays when you get a cool kill. If you didn't tell me this was Far Cry I would have thought it was a parody of CoD.

Oh well, I'm not really interested in Far Cry for multiplayer anyway. I've been playing through FC2 recently after shelving it a few hours in the first time around and I have really come around on the game. It's very innovative and unique in so many ways for an FPS.

UrbanRats

I remember having a lot of fun with Far Cry Instincts on 360, splitscreen + map editor, it was a lot of fun.
Don't really give a shit about online multi, though.

Top Bottom