• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Beyond Good & Evil 2 needs more hardware power to run

Shiggy

Would anyone mind translating what is said in this interview?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BJChkhPNeX0#t=707s

Update:
Can you tell us on which platforms BG&E 2 will be released?

We won't make promises that we can't keep. We are in an active creation stage and at this moment we are only focusing on the game and making it the best game that we can. That decision would just distracts us from that objective. I can say that it's a very ambitious game and we need some tech to achieve that ambition.

This last teaser video is very reminiscent of Mirror's Edge. Is it an influence for your game?

No, not at all. We had this concept even before Mirror's Edge launched. And we have a different approach to the first person perspective that Mirror's Edge has. Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed are closer to what we have in mind with the control of the character in a third person perspective. We use a very dynamic camera that shakes a lot during the action to add life to the camera giving the impression of an action news cover team following Jade. Maybe that could be similar to Mirro's Edge but the game itself is very different.

" We focus on the game. We create it first, then we'll see what can run it "

Basically confirms the rumor that the tech and scale was too big for current gen and the game was delayed to next gen plateforms
He also says " we don't say 2013 because we don't know when it will come. We're working to create a great game and it needs more tech "

So next gen first, then BGE2

End Update

----

As there's not much else, I took some screens from the initial trailer...
bge32tj4q.png

snapshot-24eejwy.jpg

snapshot-26l9k5x.jpg

snapshot-2875j04.jpg

bge2azk5t.png

He also says " we don't say 2013 because we don't know when it will come. We're working to create a great game and it needs more tech "

So next gen first, then BGE2

Shiggy

" We focus on the game. We create it first, then we'll see what can run it "

Basically confirms the rumor that the tech and scale was too big for current gen and the game was delayed to next gen plateforms

Oh well, still thanks. I still don't quite get this as the videos looked pretty great.

epmode

When posting old information, please make a new thread and title accordingly. I nearly had a heart attack.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh well, still thanks. I still don't quite get this as the videos looked pretty great.

You dont get why bottlenecked consoles might not have the power to run the game? Also that video trailer was an unrealistic proof of concept trailer.

Corto

Would anyone mind translating what is said in this interview?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BJChkhPNeX0#t=707s

Can you tell us on which platforms BG&E 2 will be released?

We won't make promises that we can't keep. We are in an active creation stage and at this moment we are only focusing on the game and making it the best game that we can. At this moment we won't say:"Yes, it's a 2013 release for this platform or the other". Those decisions would just distracts us from that objective. I can say that it's a very ambitious game and we need the tech to achieve that ambition.

This last teaser video is very reminiscent of Mirror's Edge. Is it an influence for your game?

No, not at all. We had this concept even before Mirror's Edge launched. And we have a different approach to the first person perspective that Mirror's Edge has. Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed are closer to what we have in mind with the control of the character in a third person perspective. We use a very dynamic camera that shakes a lot during the action to add life to the camera giving the impression of an action news cover team following Jade. Maybe that's similar to Mirror's Edge approach to the camera but the game itself is very different.

THANK YOU FOR THIS!

King_Moc

Banned
Unfortunately, they are gonna lose a lot of money by the looks of things :(

Still, on the plus side, this thread just reminded me that the PC version of Rayman Origins came out. Bought.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that teaser looked so completely out of reach when it was first shown. now though, aside from the massive scale of that city, it looks very doable for a modern pc. looking forward to this ancel!

Shiggy

that teaser looked so completely out of reach when it was first shown. now though, aside from the massive scale of that city, it looks very doable for a modern pc. looking forward to this ancel!

Based on the environmental video that was shown last year, they even have all the places from the teaser ready. Nonetheless, they don't look quite as good as in the teaser due to aliasing and worse textures. Don't know whether that's just my impression though.

Ah well, and Jade also didn't look nearly as detailed in the real prototype.

Corto

thread title + article body made me LOL. really?

what a nonsensical piece of crap

Ancel doesn't want to commit to target platforms or release date stating that the game is very ambitious and hints that current technology won't serve that ambition.

edit: Ah You mean the pics with the clipping and the bad quality textures? Those are from a game in active development. The goal state should be much better than those.

B-Dex

Waiting for Wii U launch to announce it. Use the tablet as the camera. :trollface

Too good of an idea for Ubi.

Izick

I'm glad it'll wait till next gen platforms. I'd rather have the sequel that BG&E deserve, instead of a rushed, hamstrung product.

Top Bottom