• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warface (Crytek) launches in Russia, 1 million users in 3 weeks, one country only

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Cevat Yerli said:
That's 1 mio #warface users in 3 weeks, breaking russian records, only commercial live in Russia. Thanks @Mail.ru for the fantastic launch!

Crytek am pleased. F2P seems to be unstoppable. It would be interesting to see conversion ratio.

For comparison Tribes Ascend has 800 000 registered users and it has been available wordwide in open beta for quite some time

59be15d076cc919d55e74c1453e06aac.jpg

I ought to try it this evening/tommorow.

For comparison Tribes Ascend has 800 000 registered users and it has been available wordwide in open beta for quite some time

I ought to try it this evening/tommorow.

I'm not sure it's a great idea to compare cod-a-like shooter with niche skillbased FPS.

subversus

I'm not sure it's a great idea to compare cod-a-like shooter with niche skillbased FPS.

it's not like all players who register know that it is a skill-based fps. I was hinting at the power of mail.ru marketing.

subversus

Hmm, what type of micro transactions should we expect with this?
Looks really nice!

xp boosters and weapons. The best weapons aren't available for real money though, they can be bought for in-game money only which you earn playing the game and doing well.

Twinduct

xp boosters and weapons. The best weapons aren't available for real money though, they can be bought for in-game money only which you earn playing the game and doing well.

Ah. Well hope they stick to their guns with the module. Will stick to PVE anyway :p

subversus

Touche. The majority of them, in any case. Been going through VA, War Inc, GRO, BF F2P and Heroes, nothing worth going back to a second time.

EA F2P games are as bad as old korean F2P games. I wouldn't recommend touching it wtih 10 feet pole. Not only they are pay 2 win but EA refuse to refund users when they make some weapons unavalaible after they were bought.

where can i download it? I wanna try it out.

http://wf.mail.ru/download

Hmm that actually looks quite interesting for a F2P game I will check it out later when I'm done with my studies. It's good to see that F2P productions step up :D

And while I haven't downloaded it myself yet, a friend of mine has a problem, she downloaded and installed the launcher just fine but the actual 1.9GB download in the launcher stays at 0%, is there anything to do to make it start?

Xyber

I played for about an hour now, game felt bad. It's just a big grenade fest, run out of you spawn and throw a grenade and you will almost always get a kill.

Xyber

SO JUST LIKE CALL OF DUTY THEN

You could actually fit 2 or 3 of the map I played in a CoD map though.

But yeah, this is pretty much a bad CoD (not saying that CoD is any good..). Graphics were pretty meh too for being a CryEngine game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I will try this when they officially release it in an English speaking territory.

I'm glad reports of performance are good because the last game to use CE3 (Nexiuz) ran like dogshit (and looked like it).

Khal_B

From the few vids I've watched the game seems pretty fun. I'll give it a go once it gets an English release.

Deadbeat

Banned
Backlight Retribution is also a fantastic F2P fps and enables you to be competitive out the gate.
Spawning infront of a guy that has a one shot sniper rifle and a shield on his back and dying and I keep on spawning infront of him hints that the term competitive as how you know it isnt the same as how I know it.
Someone hasnt played Tribes or World of Tanks.
These are two good examples. World of Tanks is great fun.

Top Bottom