• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff on Reddit Q&A: Forza Horizon/Last of Us at E3, Full 30 Minutes Special on UE4.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/u8uwz/i_am_geoff_keighley_from_spike_tvgttv_amaa_about/

Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley

Lots of great questions about E3, I am jumping over to Reddit to answer further Qs. Hit me up there:

Q: What do you think Microsoft's focus will be on when it comes to Xbox related news? Are you expecting to see any sort of gameplay from campaign or multiplayer from Halo 4?

Geoff: Yes, Halo 4 is a big focus for Xbox. We've announced that you'll see the first real campaign gameplay in the Xbox press conference on June 4. And then that night, in our primetime special we will be showing off Spartan Ops mode for the first time. I was at 343 last week. We'll be sharing more about Halo at E3 soon.

Q: Kind of a boring question, but will Turn 10 be there with Forza Horizon? Not sure if you can answer that.

Geoff: Yep Forza Horizon is definitely at E3 - we've announced that as being part of the Xbox Press Conference on Monday. And Turn 10 will be with us in studio to do a demo as well.

Q: Are we going to see a full reveal of Unreal Engine 4?

Geoff: Yes, we will be unveiling Unreal Engine 4 during E3 week on Spike. I went down to Epic and filmed with Cliff, Tim Sweeney and the whole crew. Full half-hour special on the engine and tech.

Q: F-yes. Hopefully it will be a treat for people more into the development side and the gritty details, not just the "Those graphics are so graphic!". But I guess all that info will come out sooner rather than later anyway. :)

Geoff: For sure, we are showing off the editor and a lot of the tech. Very in depth, glad to hear you are excited!

ibuYIms2r05IbK.bmp

jbrilLGn8LLBkp.bmp

DR3AM

he answered 4 of my questions

Which Nintendo boxes are you hoping to check off?
How their online will work!

How does this E3 feel any different ( if at all) then all the others you attended?
This E3 feels similar to ones in the past -- although it's near the end of the current hardware cycle, so the focus will be on games more than new machines (besides WiiU of course).

Are you sad that Bungie and Respawn aren't attending E3?
Am I sad? No, I'm sure those guys will reveal their games when they are ready.

Should we expect any MEGATON announcements from the big 3?
I guess it depends on how you define "MEGATON"?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
He answered my question about Unreal Engine 4 (in the OP) and my question about Retro being at E3.

I'm excited to see that UE4 special.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Interested to see what the 30 minute UE4 special is. It would be really cool to see tech-based, mainstream coverage of behind the scenes stuff. I'm surprised Spike is doing that.

He sounds like he really doesn't know anything about Wii U software beyond what's been announced. I thought there was a chance he might be under NDA about a few things to be shown at Nintendo's conference by now, but apparently not.

BY2K

Membero Americo
He sounds like he really doesn't know anything about Wii U software beyond what's been announced. I thought there was a chance he might be under NDA about a few things to be shown at Nintendo's conference by now, but apparently not.

Pretty sure nobody knows anything about the Wii U unless you are a dev working directly on it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

There are a few companies that don't share anything with journalists.

Nintendo and Take-Two's Rockstar unit are two of the most notable.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hey, Nirolak, could you add Last of Us demo in the thread title, please?

(I mean, it was obviously going to be there, but still nice to hear confirmation.)

There are a few companies that don't share anything with journalists.

Nintendo and Take-Two's Rockstar unit are two of the most notable.

Yeah, I didn't say I was shocked by this or anything. But even Satterfield seems to know a few things that aren't public knowledge yet, so it seemed a little odd.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Sometimes I wish Sony and Microsoft were as covert with their e3 announcements as Nintendo is. I didn't want to know that a last of us demo would be shown until the actual conference. Dammit Geoff =\

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sometimes I wish Sony and Microsoft were as covert with their e3 announcements as Nintendo is. I didn't want to know that a last of us demo would be shown until the actual conference. Dammit Geoff =
Really? It would have been really stupid not to have it at the conference. The game was announced 8 months ago with some potential of coming out this year and we haven't seen gameplay.

Things that are big surprises I want to stay under wraps but obvious things like that are fine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really? It would have been really stupid not to have it at the conference. The game was announced 8 months ago with some potential of coming out this year and we haven't seen gameplay.

GAF is the only place I can think of where someone would complain about e3 spoilers.

Derrick01

Banned
Sometimes I wish Sony and Microsoft were as covert with their e3 announcements as Nintendo is. I didn't want to know that a last of us demo would be shown until the actual conference. Dammit Geoff =\

Last of Us and god of war are almost guaranteed to be at Sony's show. They're both going to release before next year's E3, barring delays of course, and they're both from Sony's biggest and most successful studios, so by process of elimination and common sense you can figure out that they'll have E3 demos.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Things that are big surprises I want to stay under wraps but obvious things like that are fine.

I prefer to keep myself naive and oblivious to increase the element of surprise.

Last of Us and god of war are almost guaranteed to be at Sony's show. They're both going to release before next year's E3, barring delays of course, and they're both from Sony's biggest and most successful studios, so by process of elimination and common sense you can figure out that they'll have E3 demos.

I was saying I didn't want to know about it until I actually watched the conference.

you didn't know it without geoff?

No = I'm surprised about this, but I wanted to be surprised at the Sony conference dammit.

Geoff is awesome, poor guy gets so much hate.

Can't wait to see the Last of Us footage! The close E3 gets the farther away it feels...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
E3 spoilers? How does that even work?

I am super excited to see more of the Last of Us though.
It's simple. I'm not sure whether you follow Nintendo or not but if I asked you what they were showing at e3 the most you could say was wii u and 3ds games (namely pikmin and nsmbmii, plus some 3ds games from previous e3 that weren't released yet). To me that leaves room for many surprises because Nintendo doesn't usually announce games prior to e3 unless they're are big sellin titles. Now if I were to ask you what Microsoft and Sony were showing you could probably give me the whole conference in detail. My main issue is that I like to be surprised but I guess everyone's right, my only course of action should be to avoid Gaf.

Trigger

It's simple. I'm not sure whether you follow Nintendo or not but if I asked you what they were showing at e3 the most you could say was wii u and 3ds games (namely pikmin and nsmbmii, plus some 3ds games from previous e3 that weren't released yet). To me that leaves room for many surprises because Nintendo doesn't usually announce games prior to e3 unless they're are big sellin titles. Now if I were to ask you what Microsoft and Sony were showing you could probably give me the whole conference in detail. My main issue is that I like to be surprised but I guess everyone's right, my only course of action should be to avoid Gaf.

I figured as much. I was mostly being rhetorical. It's understandable though. Past E3s were always more surprising before GAF entered my life.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Happy to hear about them having a demo show for Forza World. I love the concept of Test Drive Unlimited, and I'd like to see it done with the knowledge levels of cars in Forza.

Top Bottom