• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Ninjas Adventures (Kinect, Square Enix/Side Kick) shows up on XBLM

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems one of the two new Mini Ninjas games has shown up.

MyXboxLive said:
As recently uncovered by the watchful eyes of news hounds at Siliconera and VG247, a new Mini Ninjas game is in the works. Trademarks, Domain registration and, more recently, an official rating logged by the Australian Classification Board all pointed to the making of a game to be called “Mini Ninjas Hiro’s Adventures.” Square Enix has still not officially stated anything about the sequel to the critically successful 2009 original, Mini Ninjas.

However Xbox Live Marketplace is now showing: Mini Ninjas Adventures for Arcade Kinect, (rated E-10) complete with box art and 12 screenshots. Its appearance and the approach of E3 make it very likely that we’ll be hearing something official very soon. According to the Marketplace posting, the new Square Enix game is being developed by Side Kick Ltd* and will release June 27th of this year. Also given, the promotional description for the new action-adventure title reads:

“Calling all ninjas! Get ready to swipe, kick and battle your way through 21 levels of intense ninja action as you help Hiro rescue his master and fellow ninjas from the clutches of the evil Samurai Warlord. Be prepared to face a multitude of enemies that will push your skills to the limit and test your ingenuity. So pack your ninja stars, sword and more and get ready for adventure…a Mini Ninjas Adventure.”

Source: http://myxboxlive.com/gaming/mini-ninjas-adventures-kinect-shape/

kinectminininjas1-e1354e0w.jpg

kinectminininjas2-e13kgdvp.jpg

kinectminininjas3-e13w4c14.jpg

kinectminininjas4-e13tbiwc.jpg

kinectminininjas.-e13gef2q.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
Mini Ninjas was secretly not terrible. This will no doubt be, but if there is a real sequel coming too, I'd be interested.

Carlbeego

Remember when that guy said Square Enix shot themselves in the foot? Looking back he wasn't lying.

Worthless company.

saunderez

Remember when that guy said Square Enix shot themselves in the foot? Looking back he wasn't lying.

Worthless company.

WTF is this shit? S-E's output has improved since FFXIII, especially when you take into account the Eidos and Avalanche Studios games.

AB12

Also not true as DE HR is probably the best game square pulled out in years and thats internally developed.
Yeah, am counting Deus Ex HR as an SE published game, Eidos is a different animal, SE internal has be lackluster on the consoles.

Salsa

Looks like a run of the mill kinect game, going from character placement and all that.

Way to ruin what could turn into a good franchise after an underrated first game :(

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Confirmed. Out at the end of the month for 800pts. Kinect-only. Side-kick developed.

SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES MINI NINJAS ADVENTURES

A full body Ninja experience coming exclusively to XBLA Kinect June 29th 2012

London (1st, June 2012) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announced Mini Ninjas™ Adventures, a brand new title will be available exclusively in North American and Europe for Kinect for Xbox 360 from the 29th June 2012.

Developed specifically for Kinect, Mini Ninjas Adventures lets you become the ninja! Get ready to swipe, kick and battle your way through intense ninja action as you help Hiro rescue his master and fellow ninjas from the clutches of the evil Samurai Warlord.

”We’re excited to be bringing Mini Ninjas Adventures to Kinect for the first time,” said Sarah Hoeksma, VP Brand, Square Enix Europe. “We’ve created a completely new Xbox Live Arcade game, using the extremely charming Mini Ninjas brand, which we feel delivers fun family gaming to the living room.”

Developed by Side-kick Ltd, Mini Ninjas Adventures will be coming exclusively to Xbox Live Arcade priced at 800 points. Future ninjas can look forward to taking on 21 different levels and a range of boss battles armed with physical and magical attacks that will have the evil samurai running in fear, all supported by the incredibly responsive game engine.

"We are thrilled to be working with Square Enix and IO Interactive. Bringing Hiro to life using Kinect gave us an excellent opportunity to use our passion for motion games to create a deep arcade title that is fun for all" said Asaf Sela, founder and creative director of Side-kick.

So pack your ninja stars, sword and more and get ready for adventure...a Mini Ninjas Adventure!

Mini Ninjas Adventures will be available in English, French, Italian and Spanish.

Features
· 21 Different Levels - All packed with multiple different enemies, and environments
· Mini Games – Put your Ninja skills to the test across a range of mini games
· Boss Battles – Take on the ultimate Ninja challenge with fiendish boss battles
· Gesture Driven Combat – Put your body through the full Ninja workout, controlling multiple weapons with movement and voice-activated attacks
· Physical and magic attacks – Easy to learn, tricky to master
· Character upgrade system – Customise your character to suit your Ninja style

It's sad how Mini Ninjas didn't even have some niche on NeoGaf, lol.
Got it for 10€ and it was.... pretty damn good.

Of course, this will be terrible, but a true sequel I would buy.

Mikeside

Mini Ninjas was an amazing, tragically underappreciated game.

I'd love to see a spinoff on iOS/Android/3DS/Vita, but this could have potential...I guess...maybe... Not that I'd ever buy a Kinect for it.

Now a proper sequel... that's something I could really get behind.

Raonak

Banned
I really enjoyed the mini ninjas demo when i played it on ps3. seems like one of thoes games that never got a audience. It has an artstyle that implies it's gonna be a simple game, but gameplay that proves otherwise.

Really shouldn't have released at $60.

Mikeside

I really enjoyed the mini ninjas demo when i played it on ps3. seems like one of thoes games that never got a audience. It has an artstyle that implies it's gonna be a simple game, but gameplay that proves otherwise.

Really shouldn't have released at $60.

I dunno, I bought it at launch for full price based on loving the developer and nothing else and I was very happy with it.

Almost felt like something RARE could have done back in the day.

If it's as responsive and as fun as Fruit Ninja Kinect, I'm sold. I doubt they'll make a fuss about this at the press conference though. Perhaps as part of a Live Arcade montage.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

Worthless company.

Kinect trash? How the mighty have fallen... only way SE can get me to care again is if they fund a VP3, a console DQ11 similar to 8, and FF15/Versus turns out to be good :p

Alx

It's sad how Mini Ninjas didn't even have some niche on NeoGaf, lol.
Got it for 10€ and it was.... pretty damn good.

I only tried the demo for the sole reason that a cousin of mine worked on that game, and I have to agree that it was pretty cool. Nice design, a good gameplay with enough originality. Not enough to make me buy the game, but I would have recommended it to anyone looking for a nice and good humored game (especially for young players).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Looks good to me. The Kinect haters on this board need to get over it.

Top Bottom