• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita €50 rebate from June 1st to July 15th [France only, limited retail promotion]

Pooya

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-cuts-playstation-vita-price/096919

updated, it's for 1.5 month only. lol journalism .

updated again, For France only? ...

The price of the PlayStation Vita will be cut by €50 from June 1st, Sony has confirmed.

The platform holder is offering to rebate €50 (£39.87) on any purchase of a PlayStation Vita between June 1st to July 15th.

Crucially, it is a limited time offer that will not be available after July 15th.

"The PS Vita is the latest generation of handheld console and more than 1.8m have been sold worldwide since its launch,” SCE Europe VP Philippe Cardon stated.

“His innovations are numerous. With this offer we want to make it more accessible to the greatest number with the approach of summer vacation.”

UPDATE: MCV is still awaiting confirmation of the UK price, though has been told that it's possible the promotion is exclusive to the French market. We will confirm as soon as we can.

MCV will reveal the UK pricing as soon as we have obtained it.

Danielsan

So a six week offer. Worthless.
The E3 announcements won't do the Vita much good. It needs more awareness, a better price point and most of all, it needs a must have game now, and now in a couple of months or next year.

sublimit

Banned
I kinda feel bad for Sony.Hopefully the combination of price cut and interesting software will revive the system even if they sell it at a big loss.

50€ price cut? you know what sony? after your press conference (the cloud stuff, psn revamp and, you know, games) i'll consider the vita. bring it.

glaurung

I haven't turned on my Vita for over five weeks now.

The retard price on Resistance means I won't be buying that either.

Won't this just lead to sales being absolutely abysmal when the price reverts? People aren't buying at that price now, when they see the price coming back up from a lower price point i can't see that being the greatest incentive.

Top Bottom