• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zone of the Enders HD Opening Animation

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVOxvABhdA (There is a bit at around 3 minutes in that is NSFW.)

During the conference, Konami/KojiPro noted that they worked with Sunrise to put this together for the HD collection.

A demo of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will also be included with the Z.O.E. HD Collection which will be released later this year.

Edit: Site is up: http://www.konami.jp/zoe_hd/en_us/index.html
You can find the Kojima Productions interview from the conference here.

Some screens:

ss_z01b9e4n.jpg

ss_a01h2i5s.jpg

ss_a03w4eh2.jpg

Lens of Truth Comparison - Thanks, SolidSnakex!

c0e7lt.jpg

dln7hi.jpg

ayv7zx.jpg

by3u8k.jpg

You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVOxvABhdA

During the conference, Konami/KojiPro noted that they worked with Sunrise to put this together for the HD collection.

A demo of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will also be included with the Z.O.E. HD Collection which will be released later this year.

a demo included? haha they did it again! They should throw in the MGS2 Tanker demo of old just for fun

UrbanRats

I'd much prefer some Shinkawa style animated cutscenes, i'm not really into this kind of character design/animation.
The music i like though, i love ZoE soundtrack.

Sintoid

a demo included? haha they did it again! They should throw in the MGS2 Tanker demo of old just for fun

Lol that would be fun

Zone of the enders confirmed as a Metal Gear demoes seller XD

Anyway I found opening anime ugly. So little rythm, animation runs with a complete different speed from the music...
I can't appreciate it..

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Can't wait, last time I played or saw the intro to Z.O.E was in 2001....

I remember buying it for the MGS2 demo (which I played around 80 times), and to my surprise loved Z.O.E as well.

Never got around to playing Z.O.E. 2 so that should be a treat.

They really should release this on Vita though....

Duderz

Banned
Watching this makes me realize how long it's been since I've played the ZOE games. Outside of a few instances, I don't remember hardly any of that.

Kusano123

Neo Member
Hmmmm.....I was really hyped for this one. Considering how Kojima kept teasing us with it.

But look at the janky CGI. Really, Sunrise? I believe ingame models move way smoother than what sunrise presented us with. It's cool that they went out their way to make a new opening, but I think old intro is still way better.

Only good thing that came out of this was naked Ken floating in space

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
∀ Narayan;38391689 said:
Did they redo the voice acting for this? Anyone know?

I hope not.

"It's........................................ DINGO!!!"

BocoDragon

Hmmmm.....I was really hyped for this one. Considering how Kojima kept teasing us with it.

But look at the janky CGI. Really, Sunrise? I believe ingame models move way smoother than what sunrise presented us with. It's cool that they went out their way to make a new opening, but I think old intro is still way better.

Only good thing that came out of this was naked Ken floating in space

I don't think this actually replaces old intros... It contains scenes from ZOE 1 and 2 so it's probably in the "select game" portion of the disc.

But of course, they could cut the other Beyond the Bounds trailer in the ZOE2 section... who knows.

∀ Narayan;38391739 said:
LOL!

Seriously, though. I hated the VA. It was annoying to me more than anything.

Oh, I loved it. ZOE2 was the ultimate campy "kinda bad but also SO AWESOME" VA, IMO.

Although ZOE1 was hilariously bad at times. "CELVICE!!!!" ... need I say more.

ACESmkII

That was fantastic.

Almost made me pop in Anubis and play through it again, but I think I'll wait for the HD collection.

lorddct

Any word on this being released for Vita?

And for some reason I liked the original CG better not certain why.

BocoDragon

but werent they pretty quiet about it for some time? i hope it still makes it on the vita.

I wouldn't call it "quiet"... they announced it at E3 last year along with the PS3 and 360 versions. "Transfarring" posterboy. I'd say it's coming.

Link? Thought the Vita version was canceled?

No, I'd need a link for the cancellation of the Vita version :)

Top Bottom