• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei: Nintendo Planning 3DS XL, WiiU Price Expected at 30k Yen [Nintendo denies]

Just ahead of Nintendo's E3 press conference tomorrow, Nikkei is reporting on a couple of announcements regarding 3DS and Wii U.

For 3DS, the paper says that Nintendo will announce a large screen version of the system. The new version will have a 4.3 inch screen, or 1.5 times the current size. A release in North America, Japan and Europe could happen as early as Summer.

Regarding the Wii U, Nikkei says that it is expected the price will be around 30,000 yen. It's unclear if the paper received any insider information about this price, or if it's just stating an obvious target. Nintendo has previously said that it would not share pricing information about Wii U at E3.

The paper also reports that Wii U will see distribution of non-game content, including a car navigator and books, and a karaoke service with around 10,000 songs.

View Nikkei's report here (free registration required).
http://andriasang.com/con1b0/nikkei_nintendo_e3/

Well, shit. HYPE +100

Nintendo's press release says that the company has not announced or confirmed any facts to Nikkei, and that there are many inaccuracies in their report. They add that many of the details could be speculation from the paper as they have not provided any official information.

If the 30,000 Yen price is true, at least we know the US price won't be more than $299. I mean, I assume no one in their right mind thought it would be more than that, but still.

Could still be slightly lower, too.

Ponn

Banned
oh god please be a 3DS XL, I would take that over a dual analog revision any day. Though I would love both. Please offer it in Green.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the 30,000 Yen price is true, at least we know the US price won't be more than $299. I mean, I assume no one in their right mind thought it would be more than that, but still.

Could still be slightly lower, too.

30,000 yen doesn't mean that at all.

Anth0ny

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

People really thought they wouldn't pull the trigger on a new 3DS.

I'm so happy. Buying that shit day one.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
3DS XL? Sounds good, but the low resolution might look even worse on a larger screen (aliasing will be even more noticeable). If it includes a second analog, then I'll be interested.

30,000 yen for Wii U would likely mean a $299-$349 price in America.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Resolution on that screen is going to look unbelievably awful. Hated the DS XL myself for that reason.

That said if its got two pads and a better overall feel than the 3DS, with better 3D screens sounds neat enough.

That price though.

Thoraxes

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

People really thought they wouldn't pull the trigger on a new 3DS.

I'm so happy. Buying that shit day one.

No, people thought they wouldn't pull the trigger on a redesign. The current 3DS is going nowhere and they're adding a new pricing tier it seems.

Top Bottom