• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Moon (SRPG) Out July 4th On EU PSN | NA "July"

kassatsu

Banned
d8e1F.jpg

Rainbow Moon launches in Europe and Australia on July 4th, 2012 at a price of just €12.99/£9.99. A release in North America and Southeast Asia follows at a yet to be confirmed date in July at US$14.99.

Info:
(Trailer)
(IGN Video Preview)
Has a Platinum Trophy
Exploration based SRPG

45 new screens here

DLC (launching on/after game)
Code:
Rainbow Moon Beginner's Kit 	FREE
Rainbow Moon 5,000 Rainbow Coins 	US$ 0.49 / € 0.49
Rainbow Moon 35,000 Rainbow Coins 	US$ 0.99 / € 0.99
Rainbow Moon 90,000 Rainbow Coins 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon 270,000 Rainbow Coins 	US$ 3.99 / € 3.99
Rainbow Moon 500 Rainbow Pearls (Baldren) 	US$ 0.49 / € 0.49
Rainbow Moon 50,000 Rainbow Pearls (Baldren) + Black Ring 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon 500 Rainbow Pearls (Trisha) 	US$ 0.49 / € 0.49
Rainbow Moon 50,000 Rainbow Pearls (Trisha) + Fire Ring 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon 500 Rainbow Pearls (Dozeru) 	US$ 0.49 / € 0.49
Rainbow Moon 50,000 Rainbow Pearls (Dozeru) + Pearl Ring 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon 500 Rainbow Pearls (Gorodo) 	US$ 0.49 / € 0.49
Rainbow Moon 50,000 Rainbow Pearls (Gorodo) + Fire Ring 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon 500 Rainbow Pearls (Zelorus) 	US$ 0.49 / € 0.49
Rainbow Moon 50,000 Rainbow Pearls (Zelorus) + Black Ring 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon 500 Rainbow Pearls (Serena) 	US$ 0.49 / € 0.49
Rainbow Moon 50,000 Rainbow Pearls (Serena) + Pearl Ring 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon Starter Pack (Small) 	US$ 0.99 / € 0.99
Rainbow Moon Starter Pack (Medium) 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon Starter Pack (Large) 	US$ 2.99 / € 2.99
Rainbow Moon Amulet Set (Single) 	US$ 0.99 / € 0.99
Rainbow Moon Amulet Set (Double) 	US$ 1.49 / € 1.49
Rainbow Moon Amulet Set (Triple) 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon Rainbow Pearls Bundle (Small) 	US$ 1.99 / € 1.99
Rainbow Moon Rainbow Pearls Bundle (Large) 	US$ 6.99 / € 6.99

Eusis

The crazy amount of micro transactions worries me, reminds me freemium too much despite being $15. I'll just have to wait and see if the balance is sound or not.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This looks really interesting and I'm definitely more interested in it because it's made by the Soldner-X guys.

But man that DLC is a turnoff. Hopefully this game has its price reduced with some PS+ goodness or something so I'm more willing to bite day 1.

shaowebb

OP could you tell me anything at all about what this game actually is other than a release and DLC plans? How does it play for example and what my motivations are. I'm really in the dark here...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
$15 and then knickle and dimed for items. DO NOT WANT. :/

Eusis

Yeah, my gut reaction was "my god the DLC this is going to be terrible", but it IS a $15 game, so maybe it fulfills the more ideal purpose of being a well balanced game that you can break by buying tons of DLC if you want?

I thought this was freemium, which I don't mind grinding for extra long to avoid paying for shit. But to pay $15 and then have to grind would be shitty.

If the DLC is just a shortcut and the game plays normally without it... i'm in. I love SRPGs and it looks neat.

But I refuse to play it if buying those coins is required or your experience is extremely hindered without it :/

The M.O.B

Can never have enough SRPG's, but that DLC looks like the game is EXTREMELY grindly.

Maybe even more so than Disgaea games

Super inconsistent artstyle too.

Most of the DLC seems like it's similar to what many games do where they'll let you buy in-game money to make the gamer easier. In other words, it isn't content that they're locking away through DLC.

kadotsu

Banned
So so far we know:

-Game made by Söldner-X guys
-Six playable characters
-Platinum Trophy
-PS3 only
-apparently 60 FPS

Coxy

the "only 3 characters in battle" thing really soured me on this but I'll get it anyway because I dont exactly have a million other SRPG choices these days :(

bomb_jack

The art style reminds me of the horrific Vagrant Hearts PSN game that came out a while ago. Coupled with the out the door DLC means this is going to have to have some pretty damn compelling game play to warrant my interest.

mclem

The DLC looks like the Tales of Vesperia approach; spend money to buy extra items if you wish, but nothing that's not obtainable within the game itself. I'm okay with that if the game is balanced fine without it.

...which, of course, means that I'd like to hear word of how balanced the game is!

Twinduct

Seems pretty decent, but dang that DLC list made me chuckle.
Hope this eventually gets a Vita release. Always found SRPGs to be more enjoyable on portables.

Fake edit: Just watched the trailer, just me, or does the animation/ artstyle .. or something just feel off?

Ricker

The art style reminds me of the horrific Vagrant Hearts PSN game that came out a while ago. Coupled with the out the door DLC means this is going to have to have some pretty damn compelling game play to warrant my interest.

First of all it's Vandal not Vagrant ;) and it wasn't that bad for a 15 dollar SRPG,I quite liked it.

Chemo

I can't believe everyone is focusing on the DLC and totally ignoring the fact that the art style is horribly plain and the font is ugly. The DLC definitely looks like shit, but so does the game, so I'm not really sure what the problem is...

smr00

Banned
I can't believe people are getting butt hurt over the "DLC"

It's nothing more then to help boost people who don't want to put time into the game, it's not like you have to buy the DLC to beat the game, it does nothing but boost your character for real money. People saying they won't buy it because of the DLC just seems ignorant to me.

If this was structured like a lets say.. Zynga game where you could only progress so much every X amount of time unless you spent money that would allow you to play for longer without having to wait X amount of minutes to refill stuff i could understand but it's nothing more then the shit Mass Effect 3 MP sells. Simply do not buy the packs if you don't want them..

I can't believe everyone is focusing on the DLC and totally ignoring the fact that the art style is horribly plain and the font is ugly. The DLC definitely looks like shit, but so does the game, so I'm not really sure what the problem is...
Meh, i like the art but i can see why a lot of people don't like it and that's a valid reason to not want the game.

But not buying the game because it gives you the ability to progress faster for $ is just goddamn absurd to me, i will take this DLC over day 1 DLC, cut out endings and content taken out of the game so it can be sold to you later any day of the fucking week.

Ravage

What did you dislike about Vandal Hearts? I'm asking because i've only heard good things from my friends who bought it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
What did you dislike about Vandal Hearts? I'm asking because i've only heard good things from my friends who bought it.

See, I enjoyed that Vandal Hearts for what it was, but haven't beat it yet, as the LONG LOADING TIMES on my old 360 (It's some odd glitch for Konami-published games on older 360) made it insane (multi-minuted for loads between screen2~5+). Got a new 360 since then, need to go back and finish...

Anywho, while the art in that game might have been questionable, I felt it was a nicely made SRPG for 15 dollars. The graphics were actually quite nice to me, as well (little details like thr trees blowing in the wind, and dropping leaves, and the spell effects served their purposes.) Game apparently makes tribute to the Vandalier class within it's story, too, so looking forward to that.

-----

This game here, however... looks like it's spell effects are pretty big and Disgaea-like, which is actually kinda nice. The DLC doesn't look like a turn off to me, as it looks like the kind of thing that's mostly optional, and is just there to remove "grind". Time or Money, pick your poison!

Theres so few Console SRPGs out there now-a-days, I'd be looking forward to this if I had a PS3. Seems promising.

The art is pretty bad, just dumb looking characters and bland environments. The game itself is OK. (Not great.)

I'm definitely interested in this. The DLC stuff doesn't bother me, I won't buy any of it.

I was really excited for this but the DLC puts me on edge. I'll still get it but I really hope the game doesn't feel tuned to encourage DLC. That said with the plus discount maybe I'll use the savings to pick up a starter pack just to save myself the headache, be a nice gesture if the DLC gets a plus discount too

Rflagg

Most of the DLC seems like it's similar to what many games do where they'll let you buy in-game money to make the gamer easier. In other words, it isn't content that they're locking away through DLC.

This is my impression as well and as long as it turns out true then I will be getting this. The ign preview has really got me interested.

Top Bottom