• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fight breaks out on Jordanian talk show. Guest throws a shoe, pulls out a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

If I was the other dude I'd have shit bricks.

How is someone angry/crazy enough to pull out a gun but then doesn't use it, in an argument/fight I mean.

Morn

Banned
300.ap.lc.082911.jpg

Clipjoint

Seriously, the guy on the left is my hero. Within 10 seconds he deflects a flying shoe with a table, and then calmly walks over to a guy who pulled a gun on him.

What would've happened if the shoe was on the other foot?

If the guy on the left put his best foot forward, stepped up and made the first move, he might find out that he had shot himself in the foot once he saw the other guy with the gun. So, if I was in his shoes, I'd just talk my way out of it, following in the footsteps of Kofi Annan, all the while trying not to put my foot in my mouth, of course.

Clipjoint

Yeah that was pretty impressive.

Does anyone here understand what they were fighting over?

From one of the other uploads:

After trading insults with activist, parliamentarian first throws a shoe and then points a gun at adversary. Host tries to break up brawl. No shots fired

A Jordanian member of parliament pulled a gun on a political activist during a furious debate live on Jordanian TV on Friday.

The MP, named in a YouTube clip of the confrontation as Mohammed Shawabka, was debating a political activist named in the clip as Mansour Sayf al-Din Murad, discussing aspects of Jordanian politics including attitudes surrounding the uprising in Syria.

As the discussion became more heated, each of the men accused the other of various crimes and deviancies, including working for the Israeli Mossad intelligence agency. "You're a Mossad agent," said one. "You're a big crook," said the other.

The MP stood up and began screaming and pointing at the activist, who was sitting opposite him, while the host of the program, Mohammed Habashneh, seated in the center, desperately urged his guests to "calm down."

Instead, the MP sat back down, bent over and took off his right shoe, and threw it at the activist, who ducked behind his desk, knocking it over.

Then the MP pulled a gun — a silver pistol — out of his waistband and briefly brandished it toward the activist, who walked toward him. The MP kept holding the gun, but was no longer pointing it at his critic.

The two men struggled, with the parliamentarian again careful now not to point the gun at his adversary, while the panicked host circumnavigated the strewn furniture to try to break up the fight.

But the two men would not be easily separated, and the brawl continued for some time before the program cut to the credits.

NEO0MJ

Yeah that was pretty impressive.

Does anyone here understand what they were fighting over?

Don't what it was about before, but this is how it went:
Guy on the left: I defend and was one of the first that denie...
Guy on the right cuts: I wasn't with them...
Guy on the left cuts: If you don't respect yourself...(not sure how to translate this part exactly, but in short he was saying that he had no dignity)
Guy on the right: Don't accuse!
Guy on the left: How were you not?
Guy on the right: You're an agent for the Syrian government! Shame on you! Always have been your whole life!
Guy on the left; You're an agent for the mossad and a thief who also bought the Egyptian peoples' votes.
Guy on the right: And I'll also buy you!
Guy on the left: I'm her daddy.

After that shoes were thrown, tables were raised and guns were pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom